The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sterling goal Grealish assist, I really don't enjoy watching England lol

Scotland losing woe is me lol

Great cross by Grealish that!

Grealish and Sakha both looked good, Grealish makes such a difference to England ridiculous not to start him.

Scotland equalised dam.

Grealish and Sakha both looked good, Grealish makes such a difference to England ridiculous not to start him.

Scotland equalised dam.

Never understood the hesitation to start Grealish. He's such a quality player.

Really needed that Croatia clean sheet…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Scotland equalised dam.

Almost fell asleep watching England, I really feel this four 3rd place teams qualifying devalues the competition and takes the edge of games.

Not to be nitpicky, but was it a particularly great cross? It gets a fortunate deflection via the defender and it is pure luck that it hits Sterling.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 17,241

Scotland equalised dam.

Almost fell asleep watching England, I really feel this four 3rd place teams qualifying devalues the competition and takes the edge of games.

You'd think that Southgate would try to change things up as the game progressed. Again, why no mor game time for Sancho?
    jobo wrote: »

Not to be nitpicky, but was it a particularly great cross? It gets a fortunate deflection via the defender and it is pure luck that it hits Sterling.

It looked like a decent effort from the images I saw. Didn't see the replay though, so I didn't catch that it deflected from a defender onto Sterling.
    Will the old league for this forum be restarted or will there be a new league?
    dragonsky wrote: »

I just renewed the Back of the Net! league, so if you joined that league in a previous season, you should be automatically added. If not, you can follow this link, or use this league code: dk7qhh :-)
    Unfortunately from what I have seen so far of England we will go out in the next round unless Southgate stops playing so cautiously.

We don't need two holding midfielders we only need Rice as CDM. The second half vs Czechs was dross... Again.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

I just renewed the Back of the Net! league, so if you joined that league in a previous season, you should be automatically added. If not, you can follow this link, or use this league code: dk7qhh :-)

No more players from the 2 FPL coach killers pepi and 2shell. They are Malakas. :))
    Unfortunately from what I have seen so far of England we will go out in the next round unless Southgate stops playing so cautiously.

We don't need two holding midfielders we only need Rice as CDM. The second half vs Czechs was dross... Again.

It's strange watching this England team. So much attacking talent, but so cautious playing.

No more players from the 2 FPL coach killers pepi and 2shell. They are Malakas. :))

Don't think I follow you, @007InAction. It's been a long day, so I might be a bit more slow than usual!
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,104
    My Unlimited Chip was a disaster, I fell asleep before the France v Portugal game etc so missed all the drama. England v Germany I think England will lose, we are not scoring enough goals.

Edited: Having a bad round may not be as bad as first thought, as my players from Match day 2 have returned taking price rises into consideration my side looks strong. Made an additional 6 transfers though will likely have to change closer to Saturday deadline... injuries, team news etc. Plus just noticed I own no France or Germany players :-?
    Euro 2020 last-16 knockout fixtures

Saturday June 26

5pm: Wales vs Denmark, Amsterdam

8pm: Italy vs Austria, Wembley

Sunday June 27

5pm: Netherlands vs Czech Republic, Budapest

8pm: Belgium vs Portugal, Seville

Monday June 28

5pm: Croatia vs Spain, Copenhagen

8pm: France vs Switzerland, Bucharest

Tuesday June 29

5pm: England vs Germany, Wembley

8pm: Sweden vs Ukraine, Glasgow

Some great fixtures there.

My predictions for those that will advance...

Denmark
    Italy
    Netherlands
    Belgium
    Spain
    France
    Germany
    Sweden

There is no way I am backing England as I have been burnt too many times, I hope I am totally wrong about expecting England to lose.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

It's strange watching this England team. So much attacking talent, but so cautious playing.

Don't think I follow you, @007InAction. It's been a long day, so I might be a bit more slow than usual!

Pep and tuchel team selections are tricky, FPL coach killers Torgeirtrap ? 👍
    My Unlimited Chip was a disaster, I fell asleep before the France v Portugal game etc so missed all the drama. England v Germany I think England will lose, we are not scoring enough goals.

Edited: Having a bad round may not be as bad as first thought, as my players from Match day 2 have returned taking price rises into consideration my side looks strong. Made an additional 6 transfers though will likely have to change closer to Saturday deadline... injuries, team news etc. Plus just noticed I own no France or Germany players :-?
    Euro 2020 last-16 knockout fixtures

Saturday June 26

5pm: Wales vs Denmark, Amsterdam

8pm: Italy vs Austria, Wembley

Sunday June 27

5pm: Netherlands vs Czech Republic, Budapest

8pm: Belgium vs Portugal, Seville

Monday June 28

5pm: Croatia vs Spain, Copenhagen

8pm: France vs Switzerland, Bucharest

Tuesday June 29

5pm: England vs Germany, Wembley

8pm: Sweden vs Ukraine, Glasgow

Some great fixtures there.

My predictions for those that will advance...

Denmark
    Italy
    Netherlands
    Belgium
    Spain
    France
    Germany
    Sweden

There is no way I am backing England as I have been burnt too many times, I hope I am totally wrong about expecting England to lose.

I think it will be 50/50 who makes it through the last-16 out of Wales/Denmark and Sweden/Ukraine. If playing at their best, Denmark and Sweden might make it. I hope so at least, as both teams have some really good players. Also think the England-Germany game might be quite open; Germany isn't as good as they were some years ago.

Pep and tuchel team selections are tricky, FPL coach killers Torgeirtrap ? 👍

Should have got that, haha! You are right though, picking players from Chelsea and City could be very difficult. I'm temped to bring in Foden, but minutes can easily become an issue…
    I have no idea what to make of this Germany team. They were ok but underwhelming against France, really brilliant against Portugal and very bad against Hungary 8-} #-o

Like England, they no doubt have a squad with real potential, but it is anybody's guess which version will turn up :-?
    Indeed, the Germany team have been all over the place performance wise.
    Undecided on my team for this round of matches, I think a few of the games will be goal fests between the big teams, though got to back the players I think that will go through. Belgium really have not been tested so its not really a given they will beat Portugal.
    Undecided on my team for this round of matches, I think a few of the games will be goal fests between the big teams, though got to back the players I think that will go through. Belgium really have not been tested so its not really a given they will beat Portugal.

I'm currently working on my Round of 16 team too. I won't take any risks, so I'm loading up on the teams I'm fairly certain will go through – and as things stand, just a few players that might make it through, and/or are enablers and fun to own. One of them is Mikael Lustig, who I remember from his time at Rosenborg years ago.

I'm currently working on my Round of 16 team too. I won't take any risks, so I'm loading up on the teams I'm fairly certain will go through – and as things stand, just a few players that might make it through, and/or are enablers and fun to own. One of them is Mikael Lustig, who I remember from his time at Rosenborg years ago.

Just done another draft now, may settle on this team though still a few hours to go. I have gone with 4 Italy players, maybe a risk though surely they wont trip up against Austria.

Just done another draft now, may settle on this team though still a few hours to go. I have gone with 4 Italy players, maybe a risk though surely they wont trip up against Austria.

Same here. Italy have been so good so far, so I'm counting on them to deliver and beat Austria. As things stand, I also have a couple of Denmark players, so I need to keep an eye on team news before the deadline.

Same here. Italy have been so good so far, so I'm counting on them to deliver and beat Austria. As things stand, I also have a couple of Denmark players, so I need to keep an eye on team news before the deadline.

I have 2 Denmark players, and no Wales. I think Denmark are better than most think, losing to Finland was a false result because of everything that was going on.

I have 2 Denmark players, and no Wales. I think Denmark are better than most think, losing to Finland was a false result because of everything that was going on.

Denmark have several good players, besides Eriksen. As a group, there are also players there that have featured for the national side many times, so they know how to play with each other. Had a look at the lineup earlier, and I'm sticking with the two Denmark players I have. No Wales here either.

Denmark have several good players, besides Eriksen. As a group, there are also players there that have featured for the national side many times, so they know how to play with each other. Had a look at the lineup earlier, and I'm sticking with the two Denmark players I have. No Wales here either.

Wales started well, James in acres of space though not picked out, Wales look like they can cause problems on the wings.

Wales started well, James in acres of space though not picked out, Wales look like they can cause problems on the wings.

Indeed. A bit worried for Denmark now!
    Oooh, that's a good one by Dolberg!
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,104

Did Damsgard get the assist, not showing up yet. He did get in.

Did Damsgard get the assist, not showing up yet. He did get in.

Yep!
    Denmark a better team, Wales don't have much of a spine... weak through the middle of the team.
    Denmark a better team, Wales don't have much of a spine... weak through the middle of the team.
    Indeed. Besides the obvious qualities of Bale and Ramsey, the do lack a bit overall.

Dolberg again!
    Sloppy defending, bye Wales.
    Mæhle!!!