Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Posted 10 seconds ago - damn, you weren't kidding when you said you're on it! Great stuff. This is exciting.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Posted 10 seconds ago - damn, you weren't kidding when you said you're on it! Great stuff. This is exciting.

It said that for me too. It's probably not accurate
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Well, if you were looking forward to Peter Jackson’s “Get Back”, I have some good news and bad news.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/peter-jacksons-beatles-back-coming-140817841.html

The Bad: Delayed until late November with no theatrical release.
    The Good: Expanded from 2 hours to approximately 6 hours.

It will be streamed over Disney+.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Well, if you were looking forward to Peter Jackson’s “Get Back”, I have some good news and bad news.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/peter-jacksons-beatles-back-coming-140817841.html

The Bad: Delayed until late November with no theatrical release.
    The Good: Expanded from 2 hours to approximately 6 hours.

It will be streamed over Disney+.
    I truely despise streaming services as it will be the death of physical media
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,105
    JURASSIC WORLD 3: DOMINION Teaser Trailer (2021)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Second trailer of Snakes Eyes.

https://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/disney-announces-snow-white-live-action-film-starr_54332.html

Remember when Disney's live-action movies were original, and not remake of animated features ? Today, I get the impression that the House of Mouse couldn't do a 20 000 Leagues under the Sea or a Love Bug or a Mary Poppins or a Bedknobs and Broomsticks if they wanted to.
    https://www.slashfilm.com/dead-for-a-dollar/

Western ‘Dead for a Dollar’ Will Team Director Walter Hill With Willem Dafoe and Christoph Waltz
    The story will follow Max Borlund (Waltz), a famed bounty hunter, hired to find and return Rachel Price, the politically progressive wife of Nathan Price, a successful Santa Fe businessman. Max is told she has been kidnapped by an African American army deserter, Elijah Jones, and is being held for ransom in Mexico. When Max goes south of the border he soon runs across his sworn enemy, expatriate American Joe Cribbens (Dafoe), a professional gambler, sometime outlaw, who Max had tracked down and sent to prison years before.

When Borlund finds Rachel and Elijah hiding deep in the wilds of the Mexican desert, he discovers that Rachel has willingly fled from an abusive husband, and the runaway soldier is, in fact, her romantic partner. Max is now faced with a dilemma: does he return the wife back across the border to the man who hired him, or does he aid Rachel’s bid for freedom and fight off ruthless hired guns and his longtime criminal rival.

---

Waltz, Dafoe, Hill? Sure, why not?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    mattjoes wrote: »
    https://www.slashfilm.com/dead-for-a-dollar/

Western ‘Dead for a Dollar’ Will Team Director Walter Hill With Willem Dafoe and Christoph Waltz
    The story will follow Max Borlund (Waltz), a famed bounty hunter, hired to find and return Rachel Price, the politically progressive wife of Nathan Price, a successful Santa Fe businessman. Max is told she has been kidnapped by an African American army deserter, Elijah Jones, and is being held for ransom in Mexico. When Max goes south of the border he soon runs across his sworn enemy, expatriate American Joe Cribbens (Dafoe), a professional gambler, sometime outlaw, who Max had tracked down and sent to prison years before.

When Borlund finds Rachel and Elijah hiding deep in the wilds of the Mexican desert, he discovers that Rachel has willingly fled from an abusive husband, and the runaway soldier is, in fact, her romantic partner. Max is now faced with a dilemma: does he return the wife back across the border to the man who hired him, or does he aid Rachel’s bid for freedom and fight off ruthless hired guns and his longtime criminal rival.

---

Waltz, Dafoe, Hill? Sure, why not?

I've seen that one before, with Burt Lancaster, Lee Marvin, Woody Strode and Claudia Cardinale :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Professionals_(1966_film)

Nothing new under the sun, it seems.
    Of course, Mr. White The Professionals!

The DVD of that film is sitting on my shelf, but I haven't seen it from beginning to end (though I remember seeing Lancaster jump out the window at the beginning; fun scene). I should watch it.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Second trailer of Snakes Eyes.

I am intrigued by this
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts

https://www.darkhorizons.com/transformers-rise-of-the-beasts-announced/
    In an official announcement from Paramount Pictures and Skydance, production has officially kicked off on the new live-action feature “Transformers: Rise of the Beasts” – the seventh overall film in the franchise that began with Michael Bay’s 2007 “Transformers”.

The press release says the film “will take audiences on a 1990s globetrotting adventure and introduce the Maximals, Predacons, and Terrorcons to the existing battle on earth between Autobots and Decepticons.”

More specifically this one will serve as a continuation of the story of the 1987 set “Bumblebee” and adapt the popular “Beast Wars” storyline of the 1990s. This time the action will unfold in 1994 in the New York borough of Brooklyn and around Macchu Picchu, Peru.

Anthony Ramos and Dominique Fishback are the only two confirmed cast members. He plays an ex-military electronics whiz who serves as sort of the father figure to his younger brother. Fishback plays a museum artifact researcher who keeps being undercut by her boss.

“Creed II” helmer Steven Caple Jr. serves as director while Bay, Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto will produce as per usual along with Mark Vahradian and Duncan Henderson.

di Bonaventura promises this will be bigger in scale than “Bumblebee” with action more on a level akin to the Bay movies – but with more “heart and humor”.

New transformers that will appear this time include Arcee (Ducati 916), Mirage (a Porche 911) and Nightbird (Nissan GTR) along with Air Razor (hawk-like), Optimus Primal (gorilla-like), Rhinox (rhino-like), the Terrorcon leader Scourge, and an ‘off-road’ version of Bumblebee.

“Transformers: Rise of the Beasts” is targeting a June 24th 2022 release.

Source: Paramount Pictures
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,105

Warning this trailer shows a lot.

That Halloween Kills trailer is certainly one of the most spoiler-y ones I've ever seen. I think I'm getting back into that "time to avoid all trailers/TV spots" mindset. I've seen too many films lately where I feel like I've already "seen it" because I watched a trailer or two.
    That Halloween Kills trailer is certainly one of the most spoiler-y ones I've ever seen. I think I'm getting back into that "time to avoid all trailers/TV spots" mindset. I've seen too many films lately where I feel like I've already "seen it" because I watched a trailer or two.

I know what you mean, I have watched a few trailers recently where after I thought 'I don't have to watch that film now'.

The problem is audiences are way too smart now and can easily fill in the blanks with most movie trailers. Some studios are so desperate to get people into the cinema opening weekend, they risk showing the majority of the film in trailers to hook the viewer.

I know what you mean, I have watched a few trailers recently where after I thought 'I don't have to watch that film now'.

The problem is audiences are way too smart now and can easily fill in the blanks with most movie trailers. Some studios are so desperate to get people into the cinema opening weekend, they risk showing the majority of the film in trailers to hook the viewer.

I was really excited for Nobody, watched a few trailers and TV spots and clips several times, saw it in theaters and was surprised that I had seen roughly 90% of the action on display already. It was pretty disappointing.

I was really excited for Nobody, watched a few trailers and TV spots and clips several times, saw it in theaters and was surprised that I had seen roughly 90% of the action on display already. It was pretty disappointing.

The one film this year I don't want spoiling is Matrix 4, it will take a bit of will power to avoid trailers though. hopefully there will be a short teaser then I will try to avoid after that.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2021 Posts: 5,834
    Either way, I'm really excited for Halloween Kills. Looks really good, and definitely looks like a step up from the first one, which kinda let me down tbh :)

The one film this year I don't want spoiling is Matrix 4, it will take a bit of will power to avoid trailers though. hopefully there will be a short teaser then I will try to avoid after that.

Therein lies the issue - it's best to avoid them but I know when the trailer drops for the new Matrix, I'll be all over it instantly. I can't help myself.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Have to see this.

Kate looks great never seems to age :x
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    http://theactionelite.com/scott-adkins-to-join-john-wick-4/

I have definitely seen the first John Wick, not sure about the second. I haven't seen the 3rd. If this happens, I will definitely be watching this one.
    This Christmas, if all goes well :

http://theactionelite.com/scott-adkins-to-join-john-wick-4/

I have definitely seen the first John Wick, not sure about the second. I haven't seen the 3rd. If this happens, I will definitely be watching this one.

The casting for the fourth is easily my favorite so far, but Adkins being added was pure icing on the cake for me. I can't wait to see if he plays friend or foe in this.

In the meantime, you should check out the next two installments, they're ridiculous and damn impressive. Keanu's a legend.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Gerard wrote: »
    This Christmas, if all goes well :

That'll scare the children in time for Christmas. 🎄

A definate watch, I did not know Val Kilmer was ill.