Quick Big Mi6 Community Bond girl Ranking Game

191011121315»

Comments

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited June 2021 Posts: 6,758
    Please do consider how the music is used in the film though, since some albums, like TSWLM or LTK, are not really representative of the film's score.

Basically, does the film score contribute to your enjoyment of the film? Do you think the composer managed to bring a certain atmosphere to the overall experience? All that kind of stuff :)
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Please do consider how the music is used in the film though, since some albums, like TSWLM or LTK, are not really representative of the film's score.

Basically, does the film score contribute to your enjoyment of the film? Do you think the composer managed to bring a certain atmosphere to the overall experience? All that kind of stuff :)

Not only do the albums sometimes misrepresent their films, I think some scores may not be the most interesting listening outside the film, but are fantastic in their context. Thunderball is basically a perfectly scored film, but I almost never put the soundtrack on.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I might sit this one out as I don't know the scores that well; the music isn't something I tend to notice much in films. But I'll be watching with interest!

I leaning in this direction as well. Even though I own most of the more recent scores on CD, I rarely listen to them, Generally, most of the pre GE scores work for me - at-least in part. I can put them on while I'm working and mentally picture the related movie scenes.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 6,844
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Not only do the albums sometimes misrepresent their films, I think some scores may not be the most interesting listening outside the film, but are fantastic in their context. Thunderball is basically a perfectly scored film, but I almost never put the soundtrack on.

Good points both. The album for The Spy Who Loved Me was for some reason a complete re-recording (with a couple tracks that don't even appear in the film), and Licence to Kill's score-and-song release reworked tracks from different parts of the film into suites (which Barry frequently did as well, though Barry's track titles often made this more obvious). Also, some albums, like the original albums for Tomorrow Never Dies and Die Another Day, left off about half the film's music and greatly underrepresented the score as a whole.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sorry for just catching up, but I take it we're doing film scores (not including title songs) next? I want to make sure I have enough time to brush up and get a proper list going.
  • I quite enjoy all of my top 21 as well. There are certainly tracks from my bottom 5 I enjoy as well, but some underwhelm and some, as you say, irritate. Only my bottommost two entries do I find pretty significant missed opportunities.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Sorry for just catching up, but I take it we're doing film scores (not including title songs) next? I want to make sure I have enough time to brush up and get a proper list going.

Indeed! Preferably what you think of the actual music in the films, and how the music contributes to what you see onscreen, than the album versions (since some albums are hardly representative of their film score).
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    edited June 2021 Posts: 2,426
    Thanks for this game @GoldenGun I'm quite proud of my Kissy's achievements, the girl did good! 😍👍
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I might sit this one out as I don't know the scores that well; the music isn't something I tend to notice much in films. But I'll be watching with interest!

Yes, I think it's only fair I do the same. Whilst I listen to the soundtrack CDs quite a bit and have my favourites, in terms of their role in the actual films I also tend not to notice them so much. I'd be hard pressed to form a personally meaningful ranking, and any half-hearted attempt would just skew the results for those of you who study the soundtracks in detail, which wouldn't be fair. I'll certainly be back for future rounds though.

@GoldenGun do you think you could make sure a new thread is started when you're calling for submissions for future rounds please, makes it easier to spot on my quick visits.

Edit: sorry, just noticed there is a new thread started, so that's all good, just me not paying attention - could you instead get @DarthDimi to pin the next one before submissions close, to help scatterbrain members like me! :) Thx!
    @Max_The_Parrot, I just pinned it for you and others (and myself, as I'm likely to forget by Sunday!)
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    You're a good 'un, @Creasy47 thanks! :)
    You're a good 'un, @Creasy47 thanks! :)

Thank you and no problem!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm having a lot of fun with these threads. Fun way to spend the time before NTTD hits. 😄
  • Yes, it's fun to get the slow reveal each day, seeing how the collective ranking of everyone who participates turns out. Definitely helping pass the time till October.