Happy Birthday, celebrate all those birthday wishes.

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And to think that Columbia wanted to get rid of Dylan after his first album. It was Johnny Cash who persuaded them to keep him aboard.
    Also, Tommy Chong is 83.

Alfred Molina is 68.

John C. Reilly is 56.

Silje Vige is 45.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2021 Posts: 23,270
    Simple Twist of Fate
    Ian McKellen is 82.

Star Wars is 44.
    GETTY-star-wars-112719.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
    Dracula is 124.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Happy Birthday to Julie T. Wallace " Our man here "
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited May 2021 Posts: 17,787
    Remembering our founder Ian Fleming on the 113th anniversary of his birth in 1908.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Remembering our founder Ian Fleming on the 113th anniversary of his birth in 1908.

The man who impacted my life beyond measure.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »

The man who impacted my life beyond measure.

Same here. Life would be have been a lot duller without Fleming and his wonderful creation having existed.
    Kylie Minogue is 53.
    @DarthDimi and @Dragonpol I
    Started reading Fleming as an eleven or
    Twelve year old. Absolutely fantastic
    Adventure stories and a bit sexy in places too. All a growing boy could want :D
    edited May 2021 Posts: 17,787

Yes, I started reading them when I was twelve years old too. My first Bond novel was Moonraker and it remains my favourite to this day.

I cannot say how old I was. The first couple of Flemings I read in my native language. The first time I read a Fleming in English was TB when I was 15 or 16.

Fleming helped me to become a man, though I have never smoked or gotten drunk. 😉
    @DarthDimi I used to identify with as Fleming would right about that one cigarette too many or that one drink too many thankfully I'm now a reformed character, no smoking and only an occasional drink.
    @DarthDimi I used to identify with as Fleming would right about that one cigarette too many or that one drink too many thankfully I'm now a reformed character, no smoking and only an occasional drink.

Good man! 😉
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Happy 85th birthday to Keir Dullea (May 30th). Of course, he is best known for “David and Lisa”, “Bunny Lake Is Missing” and “Madame X.”

Hang on…I’m now being told that he also played astronaut David Bowman in “2OO1: A Space Odyssey.” How did I miss that one? 😊

1140-2001-space-odyssey.imgcache.rev278823b0c1bf72f5e081bfaa0a5af451.jpg

Happy Birthday "Dave".
    Funny enough, I know Keir Dullea primarily from his two Space Odyssey films and the original Black Christmas. Either way, a happy B-day to the man who went to Jupiter... and beyond!
    Of course, I’m joking @DarthDimi 😊. I’m would be embarrassed to reveal just how many times I’ve seen “2OO1” on the large screen, video, DVD, Blu-Ray and TV showings over the years. To the surprise of no one that knows me, my last pre-COVID-19 theater movie was “2001” and my first post-COVID screening will also be “2OO1” (in a few weeks).

As for the other movies; if you ever get a chance to buy/rent (?) the “David and Lisa” Blu-Ray, Mr. Dullea gives a fairly long on camera interview about his career. Never a star, he has certainly kept busy over the years, alternating between stage and (relatively minor) film roles. “David and Lisa” used to be on TV quite a lot back in the day, and – naturally – my ten-year old self fell in love with Janet Margolin.

davidandlisa1962.72383.jpg

As for Black Christmas, I'm surprised that I've never seen it. Starring Olivia Hussey (what pre-teen boy didn't have a crush on her in the late 1960s), John Saxon and Margot Kidder, perhaps I should add it to my watch list.
    Clint Eastwood is 91.

Clint-Eastwood.jpg
    edited June 2021 Posts: 2,619
    Happy 56th birthday to actress Brooke Shields (May 31st).

x500.JPG
    Happy 78th birthday to former NFL quarterback Joe Namath (78? Where do the years go?) 😊 Along with NY Mets' pitcher Tom Seaver, he was my sports idol.

And yes, that is actress Ann Margret with him in the photo (taken around the time that he filmed “CC and Company” in 1971. Horrible movie…. very attractive lead actors.

3fba8485de6285cd096a1ebaab8c3f1c.jpg
    Happy birthday to Morgan Freeman and Robert Powell
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Of course, I’m joking @DarthDimi 😊. I’m would be embarrassed to reveal just how many times I’ve seen “2OO1” on the large screen, video, DVD, Blu-Ray and TV showings over the years. To the surprise of no one that knows me, my last pre-COVID-19 theater movie was “2001” and my first post-COVID screening will also be “2OO1” (in a few weeks).

As for the other movies; if you ever get a chance to buy/rent (?) the “David and Lisa” Blu-Ray, Mr. Dullea gives a fairly long on camera interview about his career. Never a star, he has certainly kept busy over the years, alternating between stage and (relatively minor) film roles. “David and Lisa” used to be on TV quite a lot back in the day, and – naturally – my ten-year old self fell in love with Janet Margolin.

davidandlisa1962.72383.jpg

As for Black Christmas, I'm surprised that I've never seen it. Starring Olivia Hussey (what pre-teen boy didn't have a crush on her in the late 1960s), John Saxon and Margot Kidder, perhaps I should add it to my watch list.

@Dwayne
    2OO1 is my favourite film of all time. I've been a fan of the film, its sequel, the books, the soundtracks ... since I first laid eyes on it in... you guessed it... 2001. It is a masterpiece, one of the few films that move me "cerebrally" as well as emotionally. (Many people will argue that the latter is impossible, as Kubrick is considered one of those "cold" filmmakers, like Nolan and Fincher. I disagree. I know exactly what I feel and how I feel when watching 2OO1 and cold ain't it.)

Ow yes, Olivia Hussey. Look, I wasn't even born when BC was released, but I can tell you, I have been exceptionally interested in her films for many years now. (I mean, there is that Shakespeare thing that she did, with (or without?) a wonderful wardrobe.) Look, Black Christmas is something of a proto-slasher film. I can easily enjoy the film in a time capsule. I can somewhat dig its first remake too (please don't hate me, I know it's not a good film but it's still... fun.) The most recent attempt, by contrast, is not my cup of tea.
    Monroe would've been 95
    Mick Hucknall is 61.
    edited June 2021 Posts: 45,489
    Natalie Portman is 40.
    edited June 2021 Posts: 17,787
    Remembering Prince Philip, the late Duke of Edinburgh, on what would have been his 100th birthday today.
    edited June 2021 Posts: 2,619
    Happy 43rd birthday (June 13th) to Japanese model / actress Mikako Ichikawa (“Shin Godzilla”, ”A Girl Missing”).
    shingodzilla-sciencegirl.jpg

Yeah, I’m a big Godzilla Fan :-).
    Andrej Nebb is 67.
    Neal Adams is 80.
    Xmen-blue-1-neal-adams.jpg