Comments

talos7, thanks for posting. Great podcast. I remember reading that, early on, Duran Duran were all big into the Bond films, and as John said, some of their music videos in exotic locations were influenced by them. Interesting that he first saw some Bond films around age seven or eight, so around 1967/68. He's certainly knowledgeable about the films and soundtracks. I think I can say A View To A Kill is my favorite Bond title song, and it's also on my mp3 playlist for when I go running. I'm a big DD fan from way back and think their first two albums are their best. Trivia: John Taylor once went out with James Bond actress Janine Andrews, who was in OP, listed as Octopussy Girl. And during their 2009 tour DD played a medley of James Bond songs.

nGHuMtL.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I’m a big fan and have seen them in concert several times; in recent years the always lead into AVTAK with Bond music.

The podcast is fantastic; John Taylor is a fan and knows his Bond.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    talos7 wrote: »
    I’m a big fan and have seen them in concert several times; in recent years the always lead into AVTAK with Bond music.

The podcast is fantastic; John Taylor is a fan and knows his Bond.

I remember reading that John and Nick were the Bond geeks in the band.