Rodney King Passes Away At 47

Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
edited June 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 40,371
Rodney King -- the man who was at the center of the infamous Los Angeles riots -- was found dead this morning in Rialito, CA. He was 47.

According to sources, King's fiancée found him dead at the bottom of a pool.

Law enforcement sources say they responded to a call at 5:25 AM PT. We're told they physically removed King from the pool and attempted CPR.

Sources say he was pronounced dead at 6:11 AM.

Law enforcement sources say Rialto PD will open a drowning investigation.

Comments

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    May he get along with everyone in hell.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yeah, I was starting to think 'RIP' wasn't so well as soon as I posted it. I'll go ahead and edit that.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 7,653
    Kerim wrote:
    May he get along with everyone in hell.

Rather strong for a guy who got his fame when white officers of the law beat him up.

I hope he finaly has found his peace. O:-)

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/17/us/obit-rodney-king/index.html
    If it turns out to be foul play? Hope it does not cause more troubles for LA?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,371
    Apparently he had smoked weed and drank in the hours before his death.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Apparently he had smoked weed and drank in the hours before his death.

I see, well i reckon they need to move quick on this so nothing gets out of control.
  • I think even the people who rioted regret that they did so. What happened was wrong, but Rodney King was no saint in hindsight.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 2,782
    why pick on him? the justice system caused the riot by letting bad out of control white cops be found not guilty by a white jury.

God knows how he got through the decades when most people blamed him for something he had no control of. If he did OD, I wouldn't blame him. The pressure must have been immense.

Let's blame that guy who burned himself to death at the beginning of the Arab Spring Revolution. He caused a lot of rioting didn't he?

I think the bankers of Wall Street have caused more pain and hardship than Mr.King wouldn't you say so? Have a go at them if you have the guts and leave your contempt for a broken dead black man in your hell.
    I think the bankers of Wall Street have caused more pain and hardship than Mr.King wouldn't you say so?

This.
    I think even the people who rioted regret that they did so. What happened was wrong, but Rodney King was no saint in hindsight.

He may not have been an angel but that cannot excuse what happened to him and probably countless number of citizens who weren't caught on camera. He didn't deserve to be battered by officer's supposedly employed to serve and protect and for the officers to then be vindicated didn'texactly send out the right message to a community already marginalised.
    hisqos wrote:
    I think even the people who rioted regret that they did so. What happened was wrong, but Rodney King was no saint in hindsight.

He may not have been an angel but that cannot excuse what happened to him and probably countless number of citizens who weren't caught on camera. He didn't deserve to be battered by officer's supposedly employed to serve and protect and for the officers to then be vindicated didn'texactly send out the right message to a community already marginalised.

I hear you bro! No one deserves to be beaten like that. Those officers would not beat a dog like they beat that man. Over a traffic stop? Please. I used to be a police officer and I was NEVER TAUGHT TO HIT SOMEONE IN THE HEAD OR AFTER THEY WERE ON THE GROUND. Lots of citizens are subject ot such brutality and not caught on camera.
    As for the riots, it was people's way of saying: Enough.

King was not the kind of guy I would hang out with and drink beer and watch football but no one deserves to be treated like tha.