You Know You're A Bond Fan when.....

edited June 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 1,778
I figured I'd create a thread list based on the popular IMDB topic. So lets have some fun.

You know you're a Bond fan when......

1)Daniel Craig's Bond has become your fashion measuring stick.

2)Whenever you order a Vodka Martini you explain the process to the bartender in the same detailed way Bond did in CR even though it's be much easier to say "Shaken Vodka Martini with a twist".

3)You've perfected Sean Connery's panther walk.

4)You've perfect Daniel Craig's mumble.

5)You bought yourself a pair of white fitted jeans.

6)When asked you claim your interests in pretty girls are "Purely Professional".

7)Your Ipod is packed with Bond music.

Please continue gents.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I agree with so many of those.

8.) You've perfected Daniel Craig's walk.

9.) Your walls are absolutely littered with Bond memorabilia.

10.) You run, not walk, to absolutely mundane places like you're chasing a villain.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    11) Your head jolts with excitement at the mere mention of James Bond lore.

12) You are happiest dressed up in a tuxedo/dinner jacket.

13) You make it a hobby of becoming an absolute Bond historian.

14) You anticipate news of the newest film like a child awaiting presents on Christmas morning.

15) You watch the trailer for the newest film 30+ times, and are still not sick of it.

16) Your dream car is an Aston Martin DB5.

17) You restart a checkpoint in a Bond video game because you feel that "Bond just wouldn't have done it that way".

18) You ask yourself "what would James Bond do?" when attending any formal event.

• gt007gt007 Station G
    17) You restart a checkpoint in a Bond video game because you feel that "Bond just wouldn't have done it that way".
    I thought I was the only one doing that! :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    gt007 wrote:
    I thought I was the only one doing that! :))
    Same here! You have no idea how many times I restart parts of Blood Stone!!! :))
    19.) You wait up until 4 AM just to see the first teaser trailer of a new James Bond film.

20.) You've recited (out loud) James Bond quotes.

14) You anticipate news of the newest film like a child awaiting presents on Christmas morning.

15) You watch the trailer for the newest film 30+ times, and are still not sick of it.

18) You ask yourself "what would James Bond do?" when attending any formal event.

#17 is the one!!! I do just that!!!
    00Beast wrote:

#17 is the one!!! I do just that!!!

It's a world wide phenomenon!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    19.) You wait up until 4 AM just to see the first teaser trailer of a new James Bond film.

20.) You've recited (out loud) James Bond quotes.

Check!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    #21 - When you are playing a Bond game and try to not get shot.
    #22- When you play 007 Nightfire level 2 "The Exchange", and rather than just move through the party and get to the action, you pose as a photographer for the party using your secret pocket camera, and when necessary, stand beside the young ladies and flick open the camera into the lighter, in Bond style.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    23. When you adopt a white cat and name him Blofeld.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    24. When you pop in uninvited and scare away the competition and they start walking away. ;)
  • 25. At 14 years old, you approach a cute 14 year old girl in your school and try to talk to her like James Bond, even using some of the lines from the films. Instead of being impressed she thinks you're weird and a jerk to girls. She walks away and you can't understand how it worked for Bond and not you - you said all the same things!

Instead of smiling you look sad and confused when you think "This never happened to the other fella!"
    26. Whenever you walk into a gathering of some sort wearing dressier clothing, you stride in like Pierce Brosnan with one hand cooly in the left pocket and put on your best Brosnan glare, and whenever a hot chick walks by, you do the thing with the eyebrow and the pursed lips.
    00Beast wrote:
    26. Whenever you walk into a gathering of some sort wearing dressier clothing, you stride in like Pierce Brosnan with one hand cooly in the left pocket and put on your best Brosnan glare, and whenever a hot chick walks by, you do the thing with the eyebrow and the pursed lips.

I think Sean, striding around, with careful and quiet observation, catching a glance at a woman, and waiting to make a move. Or Dan walking in, fixing his cuffs, and giving a grin at a woman.
    27. You have a Closet full of Bond Memorabilia, or even worse a Bond ROOM!
    - Guilty as Charged....
    jolearon wrote:
    27. You have a Closet full of Bond Memorabilia, or even worse a Bond ROOM!
    - Guilty as Charged....

I would love that! The best I've got are two posters, one of Sean Connery with "the name is Bond, James Bond" on the bottom and a Pierce Brosnan poster with him from GoldenEye along with his four movies and their basic information like release dates and directors.
    00Beast wrote:

Check. That's me.

Creasy47 wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

Check. That's me.

I knew it! Hahaha, it's that Brosnan connection....it's got us!
    28)You get excited when a Bond marathon is on TV even though you already own all the Bond films on DVD.

29)You plan on buying the Bond 50th Anniversary Blurays even though you already own all the Bond films on DVD.

30)You believe the Walther PPK is the coolest gun ever created.

31)In your mind James Bond is the greatest fictional character of all time. Everyone else trails in a distance.
    Yes, it has! Or I'll do the kind of lean he does against a bar or table when I'm in a room full of good looking women.
    I know this is crazy, but #10 is me.:D
    TheBondFan wrote:
    I know this is crazy, but #10 is me.:D

You and I both, usually when I go to get a glass of water or have a cigarette.
    28)You get excited when a Bond marathon is on TV even though you already own all the Bond films on DVD.

29)You plan on buying the Bond 50th Anniversary Blurays even though you already own all the Bond films on DVD.

30)You believe the Walther PPK is the coolest gun ever created.

31)In your mind James Bond is the greatest fictional character of all time. Everyone else trails in a distance.

That's debatable for me.
    That is....chicken litter

We all appreciate Bond of course and idolize the ground he walks on, but 'Greatest fictional character EVER ?' that covers a lot of ground

common sense will dictate that simply can't be the case
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    That is....chicken litter

We all appreciate Bond of course and idolize the ground he walks on, but 'Greatest fictional character EVER ?' that covers a lot of ground

common sense will dictate that simply can't be the case

I agree. For me just Sherlock Holmes meets and often exceeds Bond, and that is just one example.
    Sherlock Holmes is absolute brilliance.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 1,778
    Sorry fellas. Im not much of a Sherlock Holmes fan.

Although I do have alot of appreaciation for Indiana Jones and Batman. Maybe I should've worded it differently. Best cinematic hero ever?
    Sorry fellas. Im not much of a Sherlock Holmes fan.

Although I do have alot of appreaciation for Indiana Jones and Batman. Maybe I should've worded it differently. Best cinematic hero ever?

READ SHERLOCK HOLMES STORIES!!! And watch the Jeremy Brett Granada Sherlock series! Bond still takes a back seat when considering film, because it is such a copious array of amazing characters and heros, of which Bond really isn't apart of. We have Rick Blaine, Sam Spade, Philip Marlowe, SHERLOCK HOLMES (still), Spiderman, Batman, Atticus Finch, and so many more.
    32. You find yourself driving with more confidence when you hear the Bond theme blasting from your car stereo
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    33). Even though you are not a huge Monopoly fan, you buy the James Bond 50th Anniversary Edition!