No Time to Die production thread

Comments

I'm not picking on anyone ! If something's been disclosed I missed it anyway !
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Don't worry about it, we're all good :)

4th wall breaks, when executed well, are fantastic tbh.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I don't like spoilers and avoid them. But the one thing I wouldn't mind knowing, is if Bond would drive the Valhalla in an action scene.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited April 2021 Posts: 14,861
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I don't like spoilers and avoid them. But the one thing I wouldn't mind knowing, is if Bond would drive the Valhalla in an action scene.

I'm pretty sure he won't. I think they only had one rolling replica of it and that wouldn't be enough for any action.
    Plus it looks like this film has its fair share of car action already!
    mtm wrote: »

I'm pretty sure he won't. I think they only had one rolling replica of it and that wouldn't be enough for any action.
    Plus it looks like this film has its fair share of car action already!

Yeah. It looks likely that he won't. And you're right about Cary going for Vehicular-themed action in many scenes. Although, I would have liked the Valhalla to at least create a memorable scene, even if it were short.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    I derailed the thread into Covid politics again, sorry.

A question for our US friends (or the people who follow these things): Was there any marketing for NTTD around the Oscars? Doesn't look like it, right?

It was one of the films featured in the pre-Oscars 'Big Screen Is Back' video.

No new footage.
    In at least one of the trailers for NTTD the Valhalla appears in the background, behind M, thereby managing to get not one, not two, not three but FOUR fabulous Aston Martin cars into one Bond film. Here comes the part for smarter people than I to muse upon: One might consider the cars to represent:
    The relatively distant past
    The relatively recent past
    The present
    The future
    ...whoaaaa, duuude....
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I don't know why but this film feels like it's ages away haha. Maybe it's because we've been here before and there's still a little doubt in my mind, it'll come out.
    At least it didn't delay to November when MI7 was delayed
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I don't know why but this film feels like it's ages away haha. Maybe it's because we've been here before and there's still a little doubt in my mind, it'll come out.

I'm in this odd limbo state where I somehow, at times, forget it's still coming. It feels like it's a couple of weeks away but also feels like it's three years out at the exact same time.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm in this odd limbo state where I somehow, at times, forget it's still coming. It feels like it's a couple of weeks away but also feels like it's three years out at the exact same time.

The exciting part is...we're only 5 months away! The concerning part is that too many people here in the U.S. won't get the vaccine (because it's become a political tool, ffs) and I now doubt we will reach herd immunity by fall.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm with you guys! Hopefully this summer they begin the promotion swing again, and crossing fingers it's the last real promotion before release day!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I think MI7 delayed in part to move away from Bond?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

I think MI7 delayed in part to move away from Bond?

Perhaps. Fall is super crowded and they wanted to guarantee a safer release date to Top Gun. I wonder why WB is still sticking with their Dune release date.
    I heard it was because they thought Top Gun would be more profitable in the winter, when everywhere is more safe and also it will give Tom Cruise more time to begin filming MI8

I hope NTTD sticks to its release date, it's only a small thing but my Mrs bought me a NTTD poster for my birthday last year, and I kid you not it anger's her every time she sees it with the wrong date on it. She tells me about it every time like it's my fault they haven't released the film yet haha
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Since62 wrote: »
    In at least one of the trailers for NTTD the Valhalla appears in the background, behind M, thereby managing to get not one, not two, not three but FOUR fabulous Aston Martin cars into one Bond film. Here comes the part for smarter people than I to muse upon: One might consider the cars to represent:
    The relatively distant past
    The relatively recent past
    The present
    The future
    ...whoaaaa, duuude....

That's a pretty interesting allegory, actually!

From Bond and Madeleine in the DB5 representing the past, to the 70s Phantom when Bond is seemingly thrust back into the limelight, to Nomi's ultra-futuristic ride, as well as the Valhalla in the wind tunnel (of which is one of the few scenes that we haven't been able to put a solid place to)...I think you have something here!
    I heard it was because they thought Top Gun would be more profitable in the winter, when everywhere is more safe and also it will give Tom Cruise more time to begin filming MI8

I hope NTTD sticks to its release date, it's only a small thing but my Mrs bought me a NTTD poster for my birthday last year, and I kid you not it anger's her every time she sees it with the wrong date on it. She tells me about it every time like it's my fault they haven't released the film yet haha

It’s actually because they don’t want Top Gun and MI to clash. Cruise can’t promote both at the same time so it made sense to move MI to allow more time to complete post-production. Top Gun was finished and sitting in the shelf since last year.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    It’s also because they’re both Paramount releases. It wouldn’t make any business sense to release two of your own films so close and potentially hurt their box office grosses.
    I’m fairly confident the new release date will stick. My only worry is that it’ll lose money. I read that streaming services weren’t interested in the film because of how much they’d have to pay to cover the cost, and that it was costing them an extra million a month sitting on the shelf. It already had a massive budget and will have three had marketing campaigns by the time it releases.

Bond as a brand is probably too big to fail, so I’m not worried about the future of the series. And I guess by the time it comes out, everyone will be pretty desperate to see a new blockbuster anyway, so it’ll probably be fine. But it seems like it’s going to have to make a lot of money to make a profit, and Spectre already did worse than Skyfall. Hopefully EON can afford to take a hit on it, if it comes to that. I’m probably just being paranoid, but with MGM already selling up and those EON are done after Craig rumours, I’m a bit concerned (although I don’t know as much about the industry as a lot of you, so maybe I’m worrying about nothing).

I’d be fine with it if they have to do a couple of lower budget films after this. But I still want EON in charge.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It’s also because they’re both Paramount releases. It wouldn’t make any business sense to release two of your own films so close and potentially hurt their box office grosses.

And of the two I think it makes more sense not to have your spy film up against Bond.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Red_Snow wrote: »

It was an entertaining Ad campaign. When ever I hear about the Clios my mind goes to AMCs Mad Men.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I actually thought they were directed quite badly.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

The Craig vs Bond was good. The others that were posted a few months ago seemed like outtakes, hastily thrown together.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    TripAces wrote: »

The Craig vs Bond was good. The others that were posted a few months ago seemed like outtakes, hastily thrown together.

Yeah they really shouldn't have released those.
    Crazy to think it was like 2 years ago since they began filming the scenes in Jamaica and we still haven't seen this film yet
    I just need two tracks from Zimmer and October would suddenly feel like a month away.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I just need two tracks from Zimmer and October would suddenly feel like a month away.

Yes, EON, just toss us a bone.

talos7 wrote: »

Yes, EON, just toss us a bone.

Exactly!!!
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Tough.

You’ll all have to wait and be patient. It’s not like there’s anything else you can do.
    Something else to do ?
    Watch the Derek Flint film series...dang, there's just two. From the days when others copied Bond, and not the other way around.
    Has anyone read the That Man Flint comic books ? I've not yet figured out how many comprised the series, or where to find them.