Fan Art

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited April 2021 Posts: 13,879
    The gorgeous folio books inspired me to attempt a painterly style for my own illustration of Dr No...and unsurprisingly it was a lot harder and more time consuming than expected. Reasonably happy with how it turned out though I suppose.
    tk8osv0doss61.jpg

Nice artwork. No's claw hand looks a bit like that of Felix Leiter's in the 1989 Bond comic, 'The Quasimodo Gambit'.
  • Not bad at all. Love the way the title is displayed. Bond and No bear some resemblance, though. Perhaps they are related?

“It was me, James. The author of all your guano.”
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Funny 3D-models by Stuart Sutcliffe (most likely not the 5th Beatle) over at ArtStation.com:

stuart-sutcliffe-kidd70.jpg?1487536973
    stuart-sutcliffe-wint70.jpg?1487536881
    stuart-sutcliffe-jaws70.jpg?1487536622
    stuart-sutcliffe-dolly70.jpg?1487536813
    stuart-sutcliffe-dolly001ar50.jpg?1489595761

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Very good, though I dont remember dear Dolly being so busty 😂
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Mallory wrote: »
    Very good, though I dont remember dear Dolly being so busty 😂

No, but she was ample enough already. For me, at least. ;)
    Confirmation that Dolly had a soft landing.
    Delightful! :))
    =D>
    Maybe the artist got her mixed up with Dolly Parton? ;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I definitely remember Dolly being blessed in that way! :)
  • Where's Dolly's braces?!
    Where's Dolly's braces?!

We are not falling for that one!
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    This does make me wonder whether the MR character was given the name Dolly as a nod to the singer and her, um, assets?
    edited April 2021 Posts: 4,311
    Funny fact: Christopher Wood, screenwriter for MR, thought the idea of "this diminuitive little apple strudel with the pigtails" as Jaws' love interest as "just pukesville". He had to accept Dolly after Richard Kiel - and then Albert Broccoli - did not agree with his scripted idea that Jaws should be given a girlfriend even taller than him (Field & Chowdhury, in: Some Kind of Hero).
    Maybe naming her Dolly was his revenge for having to change the script?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    To be fair to the Dolly character, those braces had to come off eventually.
    edited April 2021 Posts: 17,728
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Funny fact: Christopher Wood, screenwriter for MR, thought the idea of "this diminuitive little apple strudel with the pigtails" as Jaws' love interest as "just pukesville". He had to accept Dolly after Richard Kiel - and then Albert Broccoli - did not agree with his scripted idea that Jaws should be given a girlfriend even taller than him (Field & Chowdhury, in: Some Kind of Hero).
    Maybe naming her Dolly was his revenge for having to change the script?

Yes, and I believe that Richard Kiel pointed to the fact that his own real life wife was of normal height and not an Amazonian woman as Christopher Wood wanted in Moonraker. I'm glad that Kiel and Cubby Broccoli won out in the end as an Amazonian girlfriend for Jaws would have been an even more ridiculous idea than what we ended up with.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I came across these beautiful representations of architecture/structures in Bond films.

A very nice idea brilliantly executed in a way to document and relish the filmmakers' creations and use of real world structures. The link below to the original article has larger images of all 50 posters.

Thanks so much, Ms. Wharton.

ha-poweredby.png
    Resources | Architects & Engineers | The Architecture of James Bond
    The Architecture of James Bond
    by HomeAdvisor
    Header_The-Architecture-of-James-Bond.jpg
    Few franchises have influenced American culture like “James Bond” has—and that includes architecture. Manicured estates, Prairie-style house plans and well-furnished lodges provide more than incredible film sets and backdrops for the movies. They spark inspiration and are easier to imitate on your own property than you might think.

Below, you’ll find 50 essential buildings from the franchise immortalized by artist Leonie Wharton. This minimalist poster explores Bond’s architectural history and imagines how you might bring some of 007 home.
    00_The-Architecture-of-James-Bond_All-Poster.png

01_The-Architecture-of-James-Bond_Kings-House.png
    King’s House (Dr. No, 1962)

“Richmond Road is the ‘best’ road in all Jamaica,” writes Ian Fleming at the start of Dr. No. “The ‘best’ people live in its big old-fashioned houses, each in an acre or two of beautiful lawn set, too trimly, with the finest trees and flowers from the Botanical Gardens at Hope.”
    Use the original link to see all 50 posters.

https://www.homeadvisor.com/r/james-bond-architecture/
    47_The-Architecture-of-James-Bond_Matera-City.png
    Bond #25 remains mostly under wraps, but the trailer features a starring role from the city of Matera, Italy. The city has been occupied since paleolithic times, with its landscape of human-made caves evolving into a baroque cityscape of carved-rock buildings. While it’s not 100% clear the role the city plays in No Time To Die, the trailer makes it evident there will be some cleaning up to do afterwards.

A Virtual Universe
    The building most lamented by architect Edwin Heathcote – he called the new intelligence headquarters “like something a second-rate British commercial practice might design for Shanghai” – was actually drawn from scratch and CGI’d into a vacant plot opposite the real-life MI6 headquarters.

The only thing certain about the future of Bond – change will come. Whether with a new leading man after No Time To Die, or a new era entirely. What kind of buildings would you like to see in the “James Bond” films of the 2020s and beyond?

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited April 2021 Posts: 45,489
    Great find,@RichardTheBruce and some stellar work there despite the mistake of putting St Petersburg Square in TND. If I should pick one of those buildings to live in, I think it would be Maiden s Tower.
    If I should pick one of those buildings to live in, I think it would be Maiden s Tower.
    As if the town wasn't rough enough.
    QBranch wrote: »
    If I should pick one of those buildings to live in, I think it would be Maiden s Tower.
    As if the town wasn't rough enough.

Haha, I guess.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    A bit of a Piercey portrait for you :)

ahd9u9c03ee71.jpg
    mtm wrote: »

ahd9u9c03ee71.jpg

That is very good. Well done.
  • That’s a great likeness, I’m envious of your ability!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited July 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Thank you :)

Click for the big version, by the way.
    Lovely!
  • KenAustinKenAustin United States
    Interesting thread I'll have to track down some of my artwork, I think I sketched a couple of Bond pieces.
  • Bueno1694Bueno1694 My James Bond Games' Playthroughs: linktr.ee/Xtreemo
    mtm wrote: »

ahd9u9c03ee71.jpg

I am absolutely shocked. This is an awesome piece of work - It'd look great in a frame!
    Agreed. Great colours.
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    As I put this it as my profile pic I thought I'd show you the full image. I had a go at sketching my interpretation of literary Bond.

xxHvIic.jpg
    edited July 2022 Posts: 4,311
    He looks very young, like in his late 20ies, I like that. But he does not look like he has Fleming's Bond's troubles, the face is too beautiful for a life of booze and tobacco. And the hair rather a bit too long for my taste.
    Artistically excellent!