The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just woke up totally forgot about deadline today, I was going to make some additional transfers oh well :))

Just checked my team I have 3 players flagged dam!

My Captaincy was on Kane.

I've been lucky not to forget the deadline any gameweeks this season, but there's been a few times I've just made it, haha!

Only Antonio was flagged in my pre-wildcard team. I picked Shaw even though he's flagged though, but I have the fixtures after this gameweek in mind for him.

I picked Salah in the end. It's not a captaincy I'm very confident in, but there weren't many other options IMO – at least out of the players I picked on the wildcard.

I was going to bring in a City Midfielder though was in two minds with the blank GW upcoming. I have low expectations this GW, I did have Lingard as Captain at one point.
    Just woke up totally forgot about deadline today, I was going to make some additional transfers oh well :))

I've been lucky not to forget the deadline any gameweeks this season, but there's been a few times I've just made it, haha!

Only Antonio was flagged in my pre-wildcard team. I picked Shaw even though he's flagged though, but I have the fixtures after this gameweek in mind for him.

I picked Salah in the end. It's not a captaincy I'm very confident in, but there weren't many other options IMO – at least out of the players I picked on the wildcard.

I was going to bring in a City Midfielder though was in two minds with the blank GW upcoming. I have low expectations this GW, I did have Lingard as Captain at one point.

I found it very difficult to settle on a midfield on wildcard. I considered both De Bruyne and Gündogan, but as youwrite, the blank makes it difficult. I kept Dias though; there might be rotation, but City should be good for some more clean sheets this season.

Don't know what to expect from this gameweek really. To me, it feels like a gameweek where you can't be sure where the points will come from. I can see several games with goals for both teams, and low scoring games as well.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I found it very difficult to settle on a midfield on wildcard. I considered both De Bruyne and Gündogan, but as youwrite, the blank makes it difficult. I kept Dias though; there might be rotation, but City should be good for some more clean sheets this season.

Don't know what to expect from this gameweek really. To me, it feels like a gameweek where you can't be sure where the points will come from. I can see several games with goals for both teams, and low scoring games as well.

Backing Kane is risky though I know United's defence has a mistake in there usually early in a game so I expect Kane to get a goal. A lot of my assets place each other this week which makes things difficult.
  • edited April 2021 Posts: 17,241

Backing Kane is risky though I know United's defence has a mistake in there usually early in a game so I expect Kane to get a goal. A lot of my assets place each other this week which makes things difficult.

Kane could score against anyone, so he's a good captaincy pick even against United. As you mention, we have several assets playing each other this gameweek, which makes things challenging. I considered benching Son to avoid having three players in the Sp*rs-United fixture, but in the end it felt too risky.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Dias, Gundogan on the bench.
    Great I sold Dallas and brought Dias back in :)) and Bamford is my second sub.

City 0 - 1 Leeds Dallas goal, Bamford assist gr
    Bamford and Dallas benched by me..... :((

Should be interesting now that leeds are down to 10.
    City will score at some point, as a Man United fan I am hoping City have a mini collapse in the league... Wishful thinking.
    Very frustrating that Dias didn't start. I did all that tinkering with my wildcard team just to be able to keep him!
    edited April 2021 Posts: 23,104
    Dallas gets winner wow, why did I sell him noooooo! Lol

Salah and Jota start.

Salah and Jota start.

Salah missed a sitter minutes ago. I fear this will be one of those frustrating gameweeks…
  • DeathToSpies84DeathToSpies84 Haydock, England
    I think it’s safe to say I’ve had the worst season in all my 6 years as a FPL enthusiast. Next season? I’ll take a break.

Salah and Jota start.

Salah missed a sitter minutes ago. I fear this will be one of those frustrating gameweeks…

Liverpool missed a few chances. You did well bringing in Salah and TAA.
    I think it’s safe to say I’ve had the worst season in all my 6 years as a FPL enthusiast. Next season? I’ll take a break.

I think I checked out a bit after Christmas with this season, this season feels like a break as not looking that deeply into form of players etc. I am hoping next season my focus and enthusiasm will be back.

It's been a freak season though. Many top managers have struggled to reach the overall ranks you'd expect them too. Maybe next season will go better?

Salah and Jota start.

Liverpool missed a few chances. You did well bringing in Salah and TAA.

It was very fortunate to get points from them today I think. Neither were really good in this game, and in hindsight, I think a Liverpool triple-up is one too many still.

They do have good fixtures coming up though.
    Well yesterday was a disaster switching from Lingard to Kane as captain was the final nail lol

I think I have had the wrong attitude this season and its effected my approach. Right now I cant even be bothered to watch Man united games which tells me something.

With the remaining games I will try to at least break into the top 200K, though I need to start making gut instinct decisions again.

@Torgeirtrap great weekend for your team well done, you must be on course for a top 50K finish.
    Well yesterday was a disaster switching from Lingard to Kane as captain was the final nail lol

I think I have had the wrong attitude this season and its effected my approach. Right now I cant even be bothered to watch Man united games which tells me something.

With the remaining games I will try to at least break into the top 200K, though I need to start making gut instinct decisions again.

@Torgeirtrap great weekend for your team well done, you must be on course for a top 50K finish.

Ouch, that would have been a great captaincy score!

FPL shouldn't get in the way of enjoyment of the actual games. I try not to watch the games I'm most reliant on points from, just so I'm not aware how bad or good "my" players are performing. I had a great time watching West Ham-Leicester this weekend for example. Didn't expect anything from Lindgard and Iheanacho as I predicted the two teams would cancel each other out; instead it turned into a goal fest, and really helped my gameweek. Hadn't they done anything, it wouldn't have been too bad as the ownership around 100k is probably high right now.

I've been fortunate these most recent gameweeks, and the wildcard paid off this weekend. I've cut down on the number of FPL streams and podcast I listen to, and that has actually helped me a bit. I'm not necessarily second guessing my decisions that much as a result of it.
    We're well into the business end of the season, and don't have many gameweeks left of the 2020-21 season. Gameweek 31 was a tricky one, where highly owned players like Kane and Fernandes failed to deliver. With a gameweek average score of 41, it's fun to see that our league managed to do well. Best in our league this gameweek was Dinamo Skruknott, scoring 77 points playing the wildcard.

huzX28q.jpg

Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    GW 22: Honesty FC
    GW 23: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 24: Team Extreme
    GW 25: Ayew Crazy!
    GW 26: False 9 FC
    GW 27: BAMSI BEYYEM/Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 28: Shoots...he scores
    GW 29: Team Extreme
    GW 30: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 31: Dinamo Skruknott
    League table standings:

1.Dinamo Skruknott: GW 77 - TOT 2013
    2. Team Extreme: GW 49 - TOT 1925
    3. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 51 - TOT 1861
    4. Liverpool Richmond: GW 55 - TOT 1842
    5. Ayew Crazy!: GW 43 - TOT 1836
    6. Cremonese-killen: GW 63 - TOT 1815
    7. MEJICO POWA: GW 26 - TOT 1745
    8. Honesty FC: GW 36 - TOT 1705
    9. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 52 - TOT 1685
    10. False 9 FC: GW 59 - TOT 1672
    11. BAMSI BEYYEM: GW 55 - TOT 1657
    12. Shoots...he scores: GW 26 - TOT 1561
    13. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 35 - TOT 1551
    14. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 47 - TOT 1521
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 41 - TOT 1509
    16. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 31 - TOT 1477
    17. Anfield FC: GW 48 - TOT 1337
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 33 - TOT 1258

_______

We have another Friday night deadline at 18:30 UK time. On top of that, Spurs have a double gameweek, playing Everton away and Southampton at home. Make sure to have your teams ready by the deadline!
    Congrats Dinamo Skruknott you are on a roll, I will try to remember this weeks deadline though easy choice for captaincy this week... I think lol
    Congrats Dinamo Skruknott you are on a roll, I will try to remember this weeks deadline though easy choice for captaincy this week... I think lol

Haha, yes, the captaincy should be a bit easier with the Sp*rs double. Kane looks the obvious pick, but Son is under consideration too. I expect most managers will go with Kane though, so it might be safer to choose him.
    Here are the gameweek 32 captaincy picks!
    Kane: 8
    Son: 4
    De Bruyne: 2
    Vardy: 2
    Martial: 1
    Salah: 1

With Sp*rs playing a double gameweek against Everton and Southampton, it's no surprise to see Kane as the most popular captaincy pick. Son is also a popular pick, backed by four managers in our league. De Bruyne and Vardy are the only other players captained by more than one manager. Good luck everybody!
    Harry Kane could be a doubt for the Carabao Cup final next weekend after limping off towards the end of Tottenham's 2-2 draw with Everton on Friday.
    Kane still has a League match before then hope he returns to give me more Captain points for this GW.
    Didn't see the game last night. Did the injury look bad?

Did not see it either was asleep lol

West Ham losing as down to ten men.

3-2 in the end. Got a Lingard goal out of that game, so we can be happy about that.

3-2 in the end. Got a Lingard goal out of that game, so we can be happy about that.

Yeah Lingard is a FPL points machine right now.

Not only that, he's great value too – which makes it easier to spend money elsewhere!

Not only that, he's great value too – which makes it easier to spend money elsewhere!

Thinking of selling Son his firm is not great list patience with him plus a blank GW imminent.

Thinking of selling Son his firm is not great list patience with him plus a blank GW imminent.

He's got good fixtures after the blank, though with two transfers. I'm toying with the idea of a one week punt for Son. Might need to prioritise other transfers though.

He's got good fixtures after the blank, though with two transfers. I'm toying with the idea of a one week punt for Son. Might need to prioritise other transfers though.

Son just has not delivered for his price since I have had him, there are better cheaper options or I could get another top striker or defender in if I free up funds.

Just checked next week fixtures I am without a keeper so there goes my free transfer. As things stand I may struggle to field 9 players with players blanking and Yellow flags.

Transferred a keeper in just now.