Scale modelling thread

Comments

I would much rather see your 10 inch Moonraker than Roger's! (No offense to his ghost.)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Very nice @Agent_99!

As a self-identifying “Shuttle Hugger”, I approve.
    ^:)^

A friend very kindly sent me dozens of pictures of Endeavour he'd taken in a museum, for reference! They are amazing things.
    Revelator wrote: »
    I would much rather see your 10 inch Moonraker than Roger's! (No offense to his ghost.)

Me too, charmer though he is!
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Behold my 10" Moonraker, as I'm sure Roger Moore said on at least one occasion!

960090-72075-95-1440.jpg

960092-72075-50-1440.jpg

960099-72075-54-1440.jpg

960100-72075-71-1440.jpg

1:200 model kit by AMT, purchased from the 007 Store. Special thanks to @QBranch for supplying the DraxCorp logo I used on the base!

That is stunning!!! @-)
    Thank you, @RogueAgent!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Amazing work, @Agent_99! The shuttle really compliments the logo :)>-

Watch out, someone might hijack it mid-flight!

Props for using the Moonraker Special annual as background imagery. Nice touch.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Great stuff, @Agent_99! I have the tiny Moonraker space shuttle with opening bay doors that they made at the time of the film's release. Found it at a car boot sale about 5 years ago. This is much more impressive though!
    QBranch wrote: »
    Props for using the Moonraker Special annual as background imagery. Nice touch.

Well spotted! I tried a few pages but that one worked best.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Great stuff, @Agent_99! I have the tiny Moonraker space shuttle with opening bay doors that they made at the time of the film's release. Found it at a car boot sale about 5 years ago. This is much more impressive though!

What a great find - I've not been lucky with one of those yet, but I keep looking!
    Next project involves back seat driving. Of a milk bottle top, currently.

ExgqmEcXIAYqizo.jpg

(Yes, I know how the rear guy's control column looks.)
    Next project involves back seat driving. Of a milk bottle top, currently.

ExgqmEcXIAYqizo.jpg

(Yes, I know how the rear guy's control column looks.)

Look forward to seeing how this progresses! :-bd
    Doing some spray painting in the carport. Just using the cheaper Fiddly Bits brand paint can, but the aluminium finish looks on point. Especially if you add several coats and some clear gloss.

Can anyone recommend a good gloss aluminium paint for scale models?

TBH I often use the stuff sold as car paint because you can get it for £1 in Poundland and modelling stuff is expensive!

Humbrol Metalcote might be what you seek - planning to use this for a future build (QOS Dakota) so I'll keep you posted!

TBH I often use the stuff sold as car paint because you can get it for £1 in Poundland and modelling stuff is expensive!

Humbrol Metalcote might be what you seek - planning to use this for a future build (QOS Dakota) so I'll keep you posted!

Sounds like a good name for a Bond villain..
    'Humbrol Metalcote'!!

Thank you! The Humbrol polished aluminium 27002 looks like a good one for my little prop project. Looking forward to seeing the DC-3.
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    'Humbrol Metalcote'!!
    He'll buy you a delicatessen in painted steel!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited April 2021 Posts: 17,727
    Mathis1 wrote: »

'Humbrol Metalcote'!!

As Connery Bond would have said, "Sounds like a French nail varnish." :)
    Finished the L-39 Albatros, as seen in TND (and took some shots on my balcony while it was hailing last night):

E0pi4F9XEAEs8vG.jpg

E0pjq5nXIAQUAWt.jpg

Had to make some very teeny decals for this one:

E0aLy2tXEAYqFkB.jpg

And purchase some optional extras:

EyuJvKzWUAU3RvT.jpg
    Amazing work on the jet! Did your kit come with optional landing gear?
    It did! Always in favour of not messing about with wheels if I don't have to.
    I'll be adding wheels to mine. I remember with one model plane I built many years back, the two halves of the fuselage didn't quite line up perfectly, so when it came time to add the front wheel, it slotted in a bit crooked, it was angled to one side a bit.

Your stand looks the same shape as mine - same model kit, by any chance?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49684806543_6551ac22e3_o.jpg
    Your stand looks the same shape as mine - same model kit, by any chance?

Yes! I love the translated instructions telling you to take your time, enjoy it and don't rush.

There were some gaps when I put the fuselage of this one together - I used filler (just the cheap stuff you buy to fix holes in the wall).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Gosh it's even got working suspension. Did he show any machine guns though?

Looks a little off in some way though: those tyres are way too fat. And I think the numberplate is the wrong font too ;)
    Still I'd love one :D
    Wow, it's a beauty!

Building an E type jaguar
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's a really nice kit. He's got all the gear!
    Takes me back to my Airfix days. I used to have my ceiling covered in all sorts of fighter aircraft
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    @Agent_99 your Moonraker rocket has filled me with delight, awe and envy all in one! A truly magnificent model to behold! 👏 You don’t take commissions do you? 😜😂
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I notice one of the originals will be up for sale in the latest Propstore sale too!
    @Agent_99 your Moonraker rocket has filled me with delight, awe and envy all in one! A truly magnificent model to behold! 👏 You don’t take commissions do you? 😜😂

That's very kind, @Max_The_Parrot - there's no way I'm up to commission standard though! If you had one of my models in your hands you'd notice all the rough spots I conceal in the photoshoots :)
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s

That's very kind, @Max_The_Parrot - there's no way I'm up to commission standard though! If you had one of my models in your hands you'd notice all the rough spots I conceal in the photoshoots :)

Hehe, don’t give away all the tricks of the trade! ;) Very impressive work nevertheless, I look forward to seeing what else you produce!