Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Denbigh wrote: »
    So I found this deleted scene from Emma with Callum Turner...

Not a Bond at all IMO. Hasn’t got the looks or screen presence IMO.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    talos7 wrote: »
    You are either delusional or a visionary; time will tell. 😉
    Hahaha :D

I'm intrigued by your response @CraigMooreOHMSS haha :D
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I was deep in thought about it, so I watched it a couple of times, @Denbigh. He can certainly do charm - or least that period brand of charm - and he can act. There's just something about him that's just not clicking for me, and I can't quite put my finger on it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I was deep in thought about it, so I watched it a couple of times, @Denbigh. He can certainly do charm - or least that period brand of charm - and he can act. There's just something about him that's just not clicking for me, and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Could it be that he is totally unsuitable?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

That's understandable. There's just something about him for me that just makes sense. Maybe it's his age or maybe even his lack of exposure that's not helping? I mean I've been following his career for a few years now.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    In these days of #Metoo. "I wouldn't go putting your finger or anything else for that matter "on anything :D
    I as ever stand ready, if they want a Fatter, older out of shape Bond.

If that was how I felt, then that's what I would have said.

But yes, I'm not really feeling him as a Bond.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    edited March 2021 Posts: 251
    The whole scene was poor, I can see why it was cut. Great visually, but it was acted like a scene from an amateur theatre production. I know- I've seen enough of them.

He looks a bit like the character on the front of the coco pops packet to me. Lol. He’s not Bond...he’s Mr. Average. IMO.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    If not then either... Sam Claflin, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, or Sean Teale.

I was actually thinking that Taylor-Johnson might be in a good position. The desire fans of WandaVision had for him to come back was really interesting, and while probably based more on the character than actor, I think its definitely a sign of the actor he could become. Not to mention that he's going to be starring in David Leitch's Bullet Train, where he has a chance to prove his action-thriller chops, as well as The King's Man.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    suavejmf wrote: »

He looks a bit like the character on the front of the coco pops packet to me. Lol. He’s not Bond...he’s Mr. Average. IMO.

Come on, just come out with it @suavejmf, do you want him as Bond or not?

I think he could be convinced! :))

I think he could be convinced! :))

Yeah, I'm sensing he's on the fence.

Ha ha ha! Love it.

There is no actor out there that I really want as Bond to be fair.

Fassbender is my favourite choice, but that won’t happen.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited March 2021 Posts: 1,318
    Will the real Turner with screen presence please stand up? I for one cannot wait for Leonardo to drop. Anyone spot 'our' Mathis? :) Latest trailer:

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That trailer is almost completely undermined by a terrible choice of music, what a shame.
    mtm wrote: »
    That trailer is almost completely undermined by a terrible choice of music, what a shame.

The music is indeed poorly chosen. Try and look beyond it.

Ha ha ha! Love it.

There is no actor out there that I really want as Bond to be fair.

Fassbender is my favourite choice, but that won’t happen.

Agree with that.

Otherwise, every time I watch Mark Strong in anything I think he would have made a great Bond in the Fleming mould. Obviously he'd need a toupee but whenever he's got fake hair it tends to look pretty good.
  • Has Corin Silva ever been mentioned? He's a little known Manchester born actor. He was born in 1993 and has some decent chops from the little I've seen of him. He has an alpha male presence and reminds me a little of Lazenby in terms of looks. Great voice too. Not your usual unimaginative choice that gets mentioned on this thread.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    This might actually be a worthwhile discussion: Who do you think would be the one-off best actor for Bond? No thinking about whether he would do it long enough, no thinking about the place this person's career is in, no questions of availability, just: Who would be the best actor for Bond?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    This might actually be a worthwhile discussion: Who do you think would be the one-off best actor for Bond? No thinking about whether he would do it long enough, no thinking about the place this person's career is in, no questions of availability, just: Who would be the best actor for Bond?

Fassbender...
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    I'm another one for Fassbender.
    Fassbender, thirded.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Fassbender, for me too. I doubt he would even need to do a Screen test, coz X-Men: First Class & Inglorious Basterds already shows his Bondian credentials. He even did a semi-gunbarrel sequence to close the scene in that Argentine Bar in X-Men: First Class :)
  • AWMAWM
    Another vote for Fassbender.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    edited March 2021 Posts: 251

This question has been mentioned several times already I'm sure, and Fassbender was bound to be the unanimous choice.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yep, can’t disagree.
    Fassbender would be an obvious pick for a one-off, closely followed by Luke Evans, IMO.
    Fassbender makes me relive my teenage blue balls, brimmed with desire, but no satisfying ending.