The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

I think after this GW it's caution to the wind for me, I am losing ground.

Sometimes that is what's needed to turn a season around. I find this season so difficult to get right. There's been some good gameweeks recently, though I doubt it will continue this way. Not the best start with the Bench Boost either; need some more points from Targett, Pope and hopefully Lookman.

You are doing well, last few weeks I have made bad moves.

Already sold Barnes for a player who is playing on the Blank GW, a risk to get them in early though Barnes price will drop and apparently out for 6 week. I should have got Son in, that was in my thoughts.

I think your transfers have made sense on paper, they just haven't worked out. Smart transfers in the upcoming gameweeks can change things for you though.

My original plan was to get Son in for this gameweek too, but I changed things up to get Kane instead. So far, it looks like I should have gone for Son instead.

Fine margin for success and failure in FPL, this season has been easily the worst of the three with regards to injurys and bad luck. Admittedly fixture congestion will be contributing to that.

Indeed. This season is really challenging to navigate. I've been trying to plan ahead 4-5 gameweeks at the time, but I have to adjust my plans almost every week, because of injuries, form or rearranging of fixtures.

I think I gave up forward planning early season, not even checked how many players I have for the next Double GW.

I could probably save myself the trouble and stop planning forward too. Haven't really been rewarded by the time spent yet, haha!
    Great Barnes my punt is injured wt... I give up :))

Barnes was my captain.... #-o
    Leicester got some bad injuries.

Ouch, that's really bad luck. Barnes was a good captaincy pick this gameweek.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Great Barnes my punt is injured wt... I give up :))

Barnes was my captain.... #-o
    Leicester got some bad injuries.

Ouch that unlucky his stats recently have been great.

Gundagon and Stones benched for City.
    I wonder if this makes Gündogan a better captaincy option for next gameweek. :-?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I wonder if this makes Gündogan a better captaincy option for next gameweek. :-?

Tough to tell with Pep roulette, City conceding again no defensive points.

Damn. Really needed those clean sheet points to make a jump in the rankings.
    edited March 2021 Posts: 23,104

I am resigned to an average score now, Salah really is my only hope.

Gudagan got an assist late on. City won 4 - 1 in the end.
  • edited March 2021 Posts: 17,241

Don't think Salah nor Gündogan points will make much difference for me as I didn't captain any of them. Clean sheets for my defenders can make a lot of difference though.

Don't think Salah nor Gündogan points will make much difference for me as I didn't captain any of them. Clean sheets for my defenders can make a lot of difference though.

I Triple Captained Salah :))
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Salah is due.
    Need some good Man Utd points against Palace.

He could always get something against Chelsea ;-)

I was a desperate move, I really hoped he was going to deliver vs SHU.
    edited March 2021 Posts: 2,341
    Liverpool v Chelsea
    Will there be any goals ????? :-/

I was a desperate move, I really hoped he was going to deliver vs SHU.

So did I!
    Liverpool v Chelsea
    Will there be any goals ????? :-/

That game is probably the game this gameweek that is the most difficult to predict. I take a wild guess at a 1-1 draw!
  • edited March 2021 Posts: 17,241
    A bit late as we just passed the deadline for gameweek 27, but our gameweek 26 captain was False 9 DC, scoring impressive 108 points – congratulations! =D>

dQqCEbD.jpg

Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    GW 22: Honesty FC
    GW 23: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 24: Team Extreme
    GW 25: Ayew Crazy!
    GW 26: False 9 FC

I will update the league table standings after this gameweek, and the captaincy picks when the game is updated.
    Here are the gameweek 27 captaincy picks!
    Gündogan: 5
    Son: 2
    Salah: 2
    De Bruyne: 2
    Sterling: 2
    Martial: 1
    Vardy: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    Stones: 1
    Dias: 1

No surprise to see several City players make the list, with their double gameweek. Gündogan is our most captained player, picked by five managers. Salah, Son, De Bruyne and Sterling are the only other players picked by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!
    Been busy with work did not give this GW much thought, went with a safish option of Gundagon as Captain and brought in Lingard eyeing GW29.
    Gundagon as Captain for me too.
    GW29 looks like fun.
    Gündogan captain here as well. I knew he'd be highly captained in the mini league I'm in, so I didn't dare captain anyone else.

Gameweek 29 looks to be a very low scoring one given the amount of teams in action. I'm trying to navigate those fixtures with transfers; I might take a hit to field a complete eleven (hopefully), but I don't know if it's worth it.
    I benched Shaw... Noooooo!

Liverpool in crisis

There are more points on my bench than in my starting 11 :))

Rashford off injured gr
    30 points on my bench :)) that's a record for me.

Good win for United though in vain with all our recent safety first draws.

Liverpool in crisis

Rashford off injured gr

How long do you think klopp has got left ?

21 manu points on the bench for me. :-O

Liverpool in crisis

Rashford off injured gr

United have been poor recently it probably went against me being a United fan, I really expected a easy City win. I even had Rashford on my bench just before the deadline and changed that at the last minute thankfully.

Finally sold Salah I kept hold of him too long, his funds can be used well elsewhere.

Klopp should stay IMO, he has had really bad luck and personal tragedy to deal with. Liverpool will be competitive next season. It would be a mistake to sack him. Firmino needs replacing and maybe Mané or Salah could go so some rebuilding needed.

Liverpool in crisis

Rashford off injured gr

United have been poor recently it probably went against me being a United fan, I really expected a easy City win. I even had Rashford on my bench just before the deadline and changed that at the last minute thankfully.

Finally sold Salah I kept hold of him too long, his funds can be used well elsewhere.

Klopp should stay IMO, he has had really bad luck and personal tragedy to deal with. Liverpool will be competitive next season. It would be a mistake to sack him. Firmino needs replacing and maybe Mané or Salah could go so some rebuilding needed.

City were average. I wonder if they are due another poor run ?

If Liverpool lose in the CL this week do you think klopp should get the chopp ?

He's had over 5 years in charge and he looks like he doesn't have any answers to not scoring in 6-7 games and 6 straight losses at home ?

Liverpool in crisis

Rashford off injured gr

He's had over 5 years in charge and he looks like he doesn't have any answers to not scoring in 6-7 games and 6 straight losses at home ?

No chance... they should keep Klopp no matter what happens for the rest of the season, give him next season to rebuild and get VVD and Gomes back. You don't sack a manager who just won you the league and won the Champions League the season before. Liverpool need a rebuild in areas.

Liverpool in crisis

Rashford off injured gr

No chance... they should keep Klopp no matter what happens for the rest of the season, give him next season to rebuild and get VVD and Gomes back. You don't sack a manager who just won you the league and won the Champions League the season before. Liverpool need a rebuild in areas.

Sackings at city and chelsea happened after winning the title or CL so you never know.

I wonder if/when Stevie G will return especially after winning the sfl ?

Liverpool in crisis

Rashford off injured gr

Sackings at city and chelsea happened after winning the title or CL so you never know.

As a United supporter I would be happy if Klopp left, personally my gut tells me Klopp may walk and take time out. Klopp is a world class manager he would easily get another top job.

Gerrard will get the Liverpool job at some point, I never take the Scottish League seriously Celtic were pretty poor though its still a title on Gerrard's Manager CV.

Liverpool in crisis

Rashford off injured gr

As a United supporter I would be happy if Klopp left, personally my gut tells me Klopp may walk and take time out. Klopp is a world class manager he would easily get another top job.

Gerrard will get the Liverpool job at some point, I never take the Scottish League seriously Celtic were pretty poor though its still a title on Gerrard's Manager CV.

If OGS and Arteta can get top jobs i don't see why Stevie G can't get the Liverpool job now ?

Leeds off target this gw.
    Both Arteta and OGS were brought in under very special circumstances though. The Liverpool situation isn't that desperate. Arsenal's situation was particularly bad at the time Arteta was brought in, and I doubt any quality manager would have sought out that job at all. Gerrard will probably manage Liverpool at some point, but to appoint him now, might be somewhat like Chelsea appointing Lampard - probably a bit too soon.
    Both Arteta and OGS were brought in under very special circumstances though. The Liverpool situation isn't that desperate. Arsenal's situation was particularly bad at the time Arteta was brought in, and I doubt any quality manager would have sought out that job at all. Gerrard will probably manage Liverpool at some point, but to appoint him now, might be somewhat like Chelsea appointing Lampard - probably a bit too soon.

A lot of the fans aren't used to losing 6 at home in a row so it's pretty bad.
    If they lose in the CL and don't make the top 4 anything can happen.

Klopp is overrated as manager when it comes to tactics imo. ? Agree or disagree ?

A lot of the fans aren't used to losing 6 at home in a row so it's pretty bad.
    If they lose in the CL and don't make the top 4 anything can happen.

Klopp is overrated as manager when it comes to tactics imo. ? Agree or disagree ?

Given the recent titles, I don't think Klopp is in any way in risk of losing his job – even without CL. The injury crisis is another factor. The defence they have to play at the moment is far from a top four defence IMO, and I think the fans know that. If anything, I think Klopp will step down from the job himself at some point. He's been linked with the Germany job too.

As for his tactics, I don't know. I haven't heard many talk about tactics when it comes to Klopp, just that he's known for Gegenpressing.