Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    mission-impossible-7-first-look-tom-cruise.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5

I don't know if McQuarrie takes these himself but if he does, he's damn good.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Wow!!!! I really love that pic. You already know it's a slick spy film, just by looking at it. Maybe I shouldn't be saying this, but if someone tells me that running silhouette figure is JAMES BOND, I would agree wholeheartedly.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's a pretty terrific image.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Also wanna take the moment to appreciate this photo McQuarrie posted back in December. I can't wait to see what Pom Klementieff does.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Awesome silhouette shot of Tom running.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yes, it's official, or at least as official as McQuarrie posting it on his page is. I love the look of it, I'm guessing that's taking place at Venice at night but I may be wrong in my guess.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

Oh wow, a generic image of Tom Cruise running in a dark alley. How exciting...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Yes, it's official, or at least as official as McQuarrie posting it on his page is. I love the look of it, I'm guessing that's taking place at Venice at night but I may be wrong in my guess.

I am looking for a 1080p version of the shot, would make a cool desktop.
    very cool and mysterious
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands

(Lichting the fuse..)

Do you expect something ele's ;))
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yeah it's great; I'll take that over our first photo from NTTD (which was Bond fondling a gun in his shack I think), although obviously the next one they released of him walking away from the V8 in his sunnies was an absolute killer and smashes this one :)

That it would! Please let me know if you locate one.

@mtm, I'm with you there. That first one was a bore but that V8 shot of him is so classic, I can't wait to see that bit in the finished film.

That it would! Please let me know if you locate one.

@mtm, I'm with you there. That first one was a bore but that V8 shot of him is so classic, I can't wait to see that bit in the finished film.

Will do, I will post it on here if I find one.
    Excellent, many thanks.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Cool photo!! Hopefully we get a teaser trailer soon

Oh wow, a generic image of Tom Cruise running in a dark alley. How exciting...

To be fair, an image of Cruise running is to Mission: Impossible what 007 in a Tuxedo is to Bond. We've seen it loads of times, but it rarely fails.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Sure, but then again I always though Tom Cruise's running style was funny. A lot of karate chops in the air, not too dissimilar from how Brosnan ran.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Sure, but then again I always though Tom Cruise's running style was funny. A lot of karate chops in the air, not too dissimilar from how Brosnan ran.

Never put those together, but you are kind of right..

Enjoy:

Although Craig has a... distinctive running style as well.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2021 Posts: 14,861
    I think Brosnan's run was funnier, though. Most of Brosnan's mannerisms are endearingly strange! Squint-inhale-nod etc.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 8,009

Never put those together, but you are kind of right..

Enjoy:

Although Craig has a... distinctive running style as well.

I love Cruise's run. He looks like he practices his body language a lot specifically for his sprints on camera. It's a very powerful looking run and it's very entertaining.

Brosnan had an athletic build and looked pretty good too, save for some of the more awkward shots in DAD where Tamahori framed him pretty badly. There's a couple of great shots of him on the move in GE and TND. I always loved that shot of him diving underneath the closing shutter doors of Carver's printing factory.

That's true about Craig. He's more like Cruise than Brosnan is to my eyes. He has a pretty powerful stride.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That would be a stuntman doing the Carver printing press escape.
    Ah right, I remembered hearing he did it himself on to a crash mat. I know the shot before where he dodges the forklift certainly wasn't, but alas..

Regardless, still plenty of good shots of Brosnan on the move in his first two films.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    As with all the MI films, I'm very much looking forward to films 7 and 8. I feel since GP each film has upped the ante to 11. Can't wait to see what Tom and co are going to make us drop our jaws for this time.
    Benny wrote: »
    As with all the MI films, I'm very much looking forward to films 7 and 8. I feel since GP each film has upped the ante to 11. Can't wait to see what Tom and co are going to make us drop our jaws for this time.

That's exactly how I feel, and with Fallout blowing my mind the way they did, I am so eager to see how they one-up things this time around. It's going to be glorious, especially from the BTS bits and pieces we've enjoyed so far.
    Hello, Kittridge:

Hello, Kittridge:

Great to see him back. M:I 1 is still my favourite from the series.
    Hello, Kittridge:

On a train, of all places, which is where we last saw him.
    Hello, Kittridge:

On a train, of all places, which is where we last saw him.

True I did not even consider that, I love everything about the Train set piece from the first film, a masterclass of direction from De Palma.
    I wonder will he see him very upset, once again?
    I wonder will he see him very upset, once again?

Looks like he's been waiting on that train for 25 years, I'd be upset too.