No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited February 2021 Posts: 322
    I know they said that NTTD is finished complete. But, thinking about Sam Mendez comment that every director wants just two more weeks (or words to that effect), and the great quote that ‘great art is never finished, only abandoned’, I wonder if they have really resisted fiddling with NTTD?

And how many other films supposedly finished, are constantly being tweaked
  • QsCatQsCat London
    I just watched the trailer again. The "salut" moment looked like it belonged to a SNL sketch. I hated that recent sketch they did. Daniel seems desperate to prove he has a sense of humour for some reason. I'd rather see him doing the sort of work he used to do before Bond than his wacky 'American' characters. His Bond of Royale and Quantum was just right. They should have stuck to that vision rather than undermine it by trying to please everyone.
    This film had better be f***ing good
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I see nothing wrong with the “Salut” line. I think it’s a very light-hearted Bondian moment without being too over the top like the Moore era. Stopping in the midst of a shootout to (no pun intended) shoot liquor with a gorgeous female companion. I like it, and I think it’ll translate well on screen.

As for CR & QoS, there were definitely light-hearted moments where Craig’s humor came through. Naming the drink a “Vesper” after losing a round of high-stakes poker. Making a joke to LeChiffre about his nuts being scratched in the middle of being tortured. My favorite from QoS is when he tells Mathis he hopes Fields has handcuffs.

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I quite like the salut line, I do think it shouldn't have been in the trailer, same with the Bond, James Bond line, I don't think funny lines translate as well in trailers without context
    I do prefer the tone of Craig's first 3 Bonds, hopefully the humour in this is in line with CR/QOS
  • QsCatQsCat London
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I see nothing wrong with the “Salut” line. I think it’s a very light-hearted Bondian moment without being too over the top like the Moore era. Stopping in the midst of a shootout to (no pun intended) shoot liquor with a gorgeous female companion. I like it, and I think it’ll translate well on screen.

As for CR & QoS, there were definitely light-hearted moments where Craig’s humor came through. Naming the drink a “Vesper” after losing a round of high-stakes poker. Making a joke to LeChiffre about his nuts being scratched in the middle of being tortured. My favorite from QoS is when he tells Mathis he hopes Fields has handcuffs.

Partly why it seems a bit odd is Craig's expression, it's like his SNL version of Bond. Other people have mentioned it similarly. Just random thoughts anyway, but I DO hope this film works regardless.
  • In the trailer it appears very SNL, but we haven't seen it in context.
    Let's hope September 30th works out?!!! [-O<
  • Let's hope. I'm patient but I've been waiting too long #:-S
    For the first time since March 2020 I am more confident than not that a release date will stick.

How much money NTTD makes is another matter
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I guess if any film stands to make as much as a film possibly can in that slot, it's a Bond one (or an Avengers one). I'm sure all of the other studios will be watching extremely carefully, to put it mildly!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited February 2021 Posts: 3,018
    Sunday surprise

bRKcPIy.jpg
    aTAPA5T.jpg

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Ha! That's great.
    Wasn't Craig taking snaps at one of the promo TV shows in NYC? The one they do out on the pavement? I almost wonder if the idea is to collect some of his photos of the process at some point.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 3,018
    mtm wrote: »
    Ha! That's great.
    Wasn't Craig taking snaps at one of the promo TV shows in NYC? The one they do out on the pavement? I almost wonder if the idea is to collect some of his photos of the process at some point.

Yep. The Lea photo here was taken by Craig. Man in background is Greg Williams, the offical Bond photographer (as you may well know, right?!)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Yes indeed, I don't think I knew what he looked like before there were some photos of him on the Thames embankment shoot!
    That photo makes it look like he has really massive hands :D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2021 Posts: 17,727
    mtm wrote: »
    Yes indeed, I don't think I knew what he looked like before there were some photos of him on the Thames embankment shoot!
    That photo makes it look like he has really massive hands :D

"You've got big flapping hands like a bloke!" :D

-- Alan Partridge.
    I’ve bought the masterclass photography course with Greg Williams. Few guys I know have worked with him. Good guy apparently
  • Contraband wrote: »
    Sunday surprise

bRKcPIy.jpg
    aTAPA5T.jpg

She's just indescribably gorgeous.
    Do we know if Bond is alone in Jamaica?
    Do him and Madeleine separate in Matera and then meet again in London 5 years later?
    Apologies, I haven't seen the trailer in a while and can't remember
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Do him and Madeleine separate in Matera and then meet again in London 5 years later?

He is alone. What remains a mystery is how/when Felix contacts him and how/when Nomi enters the picture.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Sunday surprise

bRKcPIy.jpg
    aTAPA5T.jpg

She's just indescribably gorgeous.

Shame she Jamie Foxxed her gap tooth.
    TripAces wrote: »

He is alone. What remains a mystery is how/when Felix contacts him and how/when Nomi enters the picture.

@TripAces This would be the moment Bond and Felix bump into each other, with Felix actively looking for 007 in Jamaica/Port A. The question is how Felix knew Bond is in Jamaica. Info from M maybe?

uUOnee6.jpg
    SqIeG0H.jpg
    ZFo1qEq.jpg
    The second question: Logan Ash must already be on Safins payroll and an rogue agent since he tries to kill/bombing the vessel with Felix and Bond via the seaplane. Motive: Felix asking for Bonds help to resque Valdo in Havana and Safin wants to stop that. At this point Bond doesn't even know of Safins existence.

And we also 'know' Safin sends out his team ft Primo to kidnap Valdo in London, so that's gotta be pre-Jamaica, and later on in Havana (post-Jamaica) Valdo can be seen with Lashana during the mayhem/Spectre event/Bond & Paloma shooting.

Does that make any sense?

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I like the colour grading on those shots.
    @TripAces @Contraband thanks fellas, I thought he was alone. They're great pictures too
    The movie looks like an advert at all times. Has that kind of slick lighting.
    The movie looks like an advert at all times. Has that kind of slick lighting.

Even just from what we've seen in the trailers, Fukunaga + Sandgren seems like an absolutely smash combo. Mendes + Deakins in Skyfall seems like the Craig era's high bar for cinematography, but NTTD really appears set to challenge it.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I do believe this will surpass Skyfall’s cinematography, and that’s coming from someone who LOVED the look of Skyfall.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

@TripAces This would be the moment Bond and Felix bump into each other, with Felix actively looking for 007 in Jamaica/Port A. The question is how Felix knew Bond is in Jamaica. Info from M maybe?

uUOnee6.jpg
    SqIeG0H.jpg
    ZFo1qEq.jpg
    The second question: Logan Ash must already be on Safins payroll and an rogue agent since he tries to kill/bombing the vessel with Felix and Bond via the seaplane. Motive: Felix asking for Bonds help to resque Valdo in Havana and Safin wants to stop that. At this point Bond doesn't even know of Safins existence.

And we also 'know' Safin sends out his team ft Primo to kidnap Valdo in London, so that's gotta be pre-Jamaica, and later on in Havana (post-Jamaica) Valdo can be seen with Lashana during the mayhem/Spectre event/Bond & Paloma shooting.

It does. But as an earlier post stated, we have footage of Bond walking the perimeter of the house, speargun in hand, as though someone may have entered the house. It could be that a message was left for him. He certainly seems to be heading into town for a reason. I don't think Bond runs into Leiter by accident.

uUOnee6.jpg
    SqIeG0H.jpg
    ZFo1qEq.jpg

It does. But as an earlier post stated, we have footage of Bond walking the perimeter of the house, speargun in hand, as though someone may have entered the house. It could be that a message was left for him. He certainly seems to be heading into town for a reason. I don't think Bond runs into Leiter by accident.

I agree. I think he is meeting Leiter after their chat in the night club.
    (Mods, I cant find the proper thread so I'll post it in here)

Fresh interview with Mads Mikkelsen

• fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    I think when he enters the house with the spear gun, he’s going to find Felix standing there waiting for him.