Who should/could be a Bond actor? *SPOILERS*

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    That’s what many told the Wright brothers; remember that on you next flight. ;)
  • This is not even good come back to such a bad idea. Hahaha.
    I am hoping you are not person who choose next James Bond actor. You have made bad choice here.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    talos7 you must be joking when you have suggest Mr. Harry Styles? He a singer not actor for James Bond. I am thinking you are not such a fan of James Bond with a suggestion like this. It is a crazy choice. Sorry to say this.

Haha I love this.
    How about Mr Justin Timberlake?
    photo09_slideshow.jpg

;))
  • Hahaha. QsCat. You are many funny.
    You will give talos7 more bad ideas with suggestion of Mr. Justin Timberlake
    edited February 26 Posts: 6,071
    Timberlake is a very accomplished actor; you’ve just bolstered the fact that a pop music star can very successfully make the transition to the big screen; he joins the ranks of Sinatra, Streisand, Cher, Will Smith and a host of others, some who went from singer to OSCAR winner.

Open your minds gents.

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Justin-Timberlake-His-Social-Network-Co-Stars-Deserve-Oscars-20909.html
  • You have crazy bad idea. Give us James Bond not singer. Also Mr. Harry Styles has wrong look for James Bond. More like boy than man. More singer than spy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Enemy of the state
    You have crazy bad idea. Give us James Bond not singer. Also Mr. Harry Styles has wrong look for James Bond. More like boy than man. More singer than spy.

That isn t very nice. If he reads this, he will be in need of his pacifier.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    talos7 wrote: »
    Timberlake is a very accomplished actor; you’ve just bolstered the fact that a pop music star can very successfully make the transition to the big screen; he joins the ranks of Sinatra, Streisand, Cher, Will Smith and a host of others, some who went from singer to OSCAR winner.

Open your minds gents.

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Justin-Timberlake-His-Social-Network-Co-Stars-Deserve-Oscars-20909.html

Timberlake is actually a decent actor....I agree. But any Americans should be ruled out. We are back to British accent debate and how American’s simply can’t master it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe Still waiting for the Jena Malone Batwoman movie that's never going to be made.Moderator

Open your minds gents.

He's not British, so that should rule him out. Though I would be curious to hear what kind of Bond song he could come up with. :-?
    Give us James Bond not singer.
    Even though I'm far from seeing Harry Styles in the role, this dichotomy between on the one hand the future Bond and on another a singer seems to me greatly exaggerated. Many singers are great actors, some having been mentioned here: Timberlake (The Social Network, Inside Llewyn Davis), Sinatra (The Man with the Golden Arm, From Here to Eternity), Bowie (Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence), Mark Wahlberg ( Boogie Nights, The Yards). Thus, a British singer could be a great Bond.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Edward Bluemel seems an interesting actor who's rising a bit at the moment, under 30, has been in Killing Eve and Discovery of Witches. Might be one for the list.

MV5BYzc1NGU1YWUtZjhhMS00ZGZiLWI4YmEtMDI0MDZhMmE2OGZjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzMxNDQ5NDk@._V1_.jpg
    Good grief folks, I never recommend Justin Timberlake, Lol.

Someone posted his picture as a snarky response to my Harry Styles post,; I only pointed out that he, and many others, show that person from a musical background can become a successful actor. I never suggested Justin Timberlake as James Bond.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I wouldn't like to rule Styles out just yet. He'd maybe have to get a few more roles though and maybe mature a bit, get a bit more weathered.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Good grief folks, I never recommend Justin Timberlake, Lol.

Someone posted his picture as a snarky response to my Harry Styles post,; I only pointed out that he, and many others, show that person from a musical background can become a successful actor. I never suggested Justin Timberlake as James Bond.

:))
  • So you are not man of your word talos7. You make suggestion then go back on word.
    Yes some singer are good actors. I will agree. But the ones that you suggest are very bad. You have little idea of good James Bond I think.
    mtm do not fall into this trap of singer being James Bond.
    James Bond is man not boy.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Gents, please, let's get back on topic and cease the silliness. We are looking for Bond after all:

original.gif

• Yes. This is James Bond. You have much better suggestion JeremyBondon. Very good.
    Mr. Adrian Turner will be a very good James Bond if given chance.
    So you are not man of your word talos7. You make suggestion then go back on word.
    Yes some singer are good actors. I will agree. But the ones that you suggest are very bad. You have little idea of good James Bond I think.

Back on my word, do tell? I suggested Styles as a dark horse pick; I stand by that. I never recommend Timberlake.

• You make crazy choice then backdown on choice.
    You are more into singer/actor than James Bond actor.
    In words of James Bond Mr.Timothy Dalton leave it to the professionals.
    James Bond fan professionals.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    So you are not man of your word talos7. You make suggestion then go back on word.

Back on my word, do tell? I suggested Styles as a dark horse pick; I stand by that. I never recommend Timberlake.

Ahh this is funny :))
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    You make crazy choice then backdown on choice.

I feel grossly underpaid, in that case.
    edited February 26 Posts: 6,071
    Lol... you’re “thought” process, or intentional misrepresentation is giving me a headache...
    moving on...
    Again, I am not personally very fond of the choice of Styles, but I find your reactions greatly hyperbolic. Not only because some here have suggested names that are much more ridiculous IMO than Styles, but also because I'm not sure that Brosnan, since he's an actor that you like, at the same age was physically less boyish than him (see below). Let's not forget that Bond 25 won't go into production for several years, maybe four or five, and that potential contenders will have time to age and grow during that time.

baebca1c89dd96b2535f815c20736efa.jpg
    sub-buzz-14058-1607014902-14.jpg?downsize=700%3A%2A&output-quality=auto&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto&output-format=auto&downsize=360:*
    edited February 26 Posts: 943
    Let's just stop.

6705.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&s=0718e356388ccd62df0ba2d0ae1aa8c3

4606.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=b52deb9087a5da4ebae77e113a2c0cb9

img.jpg

Let's keep this idiot out of the conversation, yes?
  • Mr. Harry Styles is not James Bond actor. He may turn to become good actor. But Mr. Adrian Turner is much more good choice for James Bond. Two three four five years. It not matter.
    So many fans of James Bond so many have no good idea who best to be new James Bond. So many bad idea.
    Mr. Harry Styles is not James Bond actor. He may turn to become good actor. But Mr. Adrian Turner is much more good choice for James Bond. Two three four five years. It not matter.
    So many fans of James Bond so many have no good idea who best to be new James Bond. So many bad idea.

That's all fine and dandy and I'm sure mr. Adrian Turner would be delighted to have his name into the mix, but a certain mr. Aidan Turner would perhaps feel left out?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 26 Posts: 8,427
    Again, I am not personally very fond of the choice of Styles, but I find your reactions greatly hyperbolic. Not only because some here have suggested names that are much more ridiculous IMO than Styles, but also because I'm not sure that Brosnan, since he's an actor that you like, at the same age was physically less boyish than him (see below). Let's not forget that Bond 25 won't go into production for several years, maybe four or five, and that potential contenders will have time to age and grow during that time.

Yes that was my thought too: Remington Steel-era Brosnan wasn't exactly a macho figure. And Styles isn't a million miles off the sort of look of Pattinson.
    But he does need to become a really good leading man first, we'll see if he gets there. Seems promising so far.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Lol. Pls, take it easy @General_Graves this is a very liberal thread. Just enjoy the fun.
  • I am sorry JeremyBondon. English is not first language for me. Mine keyboard have auto correct forMr. Adain Turner. I do not mean to upset you.
    Mr. Aidan Turner will be very good James Bond when time come.
    You have same idea as mine for Mr. Harry Styles.
    Hahahah.
    Some fan not fan me think.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    edited February 26 Posts: 615
    Me everytime I log in and see "Who should/could be a Bond actor?" has had 34 new posts in the last 4 hours:
    giphy.gif

I guess

giphy.gif