The Eurovision Song Contest Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Teaser trailer for Netflix's Eurovision, starring Rachel McAdams, Will Ferrell, Pierce Brosnan and Dan Stevens:

:)) not a fan of the contest though with Will Ferrell involved this is bound to be utterly stupid, so I will watch it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns I have to hand it to them, that song is very on point. :-))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns I have to hand it to them, that song is very on point. :-))

I think its a potential winner :))
    Haha, definitely need to watch this one! It features Pierce Brosnan too!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Possible those have been top 10:

Russia

Armenia

Romania

Denmark

Czech

Malta

Bulgaria

Belgium

Greece

Macedonia
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Sooo they're just going to ignore the existence of Central and South America artists?
    The Solar System Song Contest.
    Spoof 2021 Corona version with person who give points way, 3 host (Person 1, 2 and 4) of the show of this year.

Original:

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Don't tell me this ludicrous spectacle will return anytime soon...
    edited March 2021 Posts: 4,416

Greece song for this year by a Dutch girl with Greek parents.

Dutch entry in English and a bit in Surname. Not like last from last year, this one atleast is volume better.

Belgium. Hooverphonic again but not with same famale singer ''Luka Cruysberghs'' as last year, but with return of Geike Arnaert who left group in 2008 and returns to the group later in 2020.

England:

Still not watched this since Katrina and the Waves were in it. I think Terry Wogan was still hosting the show.
    France :

Not this year we'll win, methinks.
    Still not watched this since Katrina and the Waves were in it. I think Terry Wogan was still hosting the show.

That was when the UK was still an actual part of Europe. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote: »

That's a good point, technically the UK should not have to enter now. Lol
    Azerbaijan with reference to Bond (MR, QOS,SF and the Gunbarrel)

Weird nomation: Germany

Worse song, but atleast great to see for them that Corona is almoost gone with a full stadion: Australia

Demo from all country's

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'm not generally a fan of Montaigne's sound, but her song 'Clip My Wings' is real good.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    QBranch wrote: »
    I'm not generally a fan of Montaigne's sound, but her song 'Clip My Wings' is real good.

I'm really not a fan of Montaigne's entry, but thought it sounded much better when she performed it live at Mardi Gras.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    I've watched the whole San Remo and I'm kinda sad that Italy is not sending one of these two:

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    M_Balje wrote: »

Demo from all country's

Mostly horrible to listen to, as always. However, some songs would work on the radio and gain popularity before the finals. My bets are on Belgium, Croatia, Finland, Ireland, Malta and Spain.

And check this out: San Marino and Serbia seem to sing the same song - brilliant!
    Those atleast get some fame or big fame in The Netherlands

1997: Katrina And The Waves (England, Winner)
    1998: Dana International (Israel, Winner). Edsilla Rombley (Dutch, one of the host in 2020 and 2021) end 4th place. In 2007 she give it another try, but without succes.
    2000: The Olsen Brothers (Denmark, Winner)who started as 13th. Act Dutch people only can follow on Belgium channel or BBC. Because this nightmare year of Firework disaster in Enschede on same day earlier in afternoon. After ''Linda Wagermakers'' did her performing for The Netherlands (Started as 12th) the program stops.
    2003. Everyway that i can (Turkey, Winner)
    2004: Ruslana (Ukraine, Winner)
    2008. Hind (Dutch)
    2009: Alexander Rybak - Fairytale (Norway, Winner)
    2010: Lena - Satellite (Germany, Winner)
    2012: Loreen - Euphoria (Sweden, Winner)
    2013: Anouk - Birds (Dutch, 9th place)
    2014: The Common Linnets (Ilse Delange & Waylon) - Calm After The Storm (Dutch, 2th Place)
    Carl Espen- Silent Storm
    Conchita Wurst - Rise Like A Phoenix (Austria, Winner)
    2015: Måns Zelmerlöw - Heroes (Sweden, Winner) Guy Sebastian - Tonight Again
    2016: Douwe Bob - Slow Down (Dutch)
    2017:Og3ne - Lights And Shadows (Dutch) Salvador Sobral - Amar Pelos Dois (Portugal, Winner)
    2018: Netta - Toy (Israel, Winner) Waylon - Outlaw In ‘Em (Dutch)
    2019: Duncan Laurence - Arcade (Dutch, Winner) Guy Sebastian - Before I Go

It possible that are some others songs from 2017 or 2018 get some fame.

Asking Hind was not a bad choose, but then it take till 2013 when The Netherlands send Anouk and some other great ones exept Trijntje Oosterhuis (Who overall i prefer when she was part of group Total Touch). Duncan Laurence (With Ilse Delang be one of the producers, writers of the song.) have atleast three other hits after Arcade.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

That's a good point, technically the UK should not have to enter now. Lol

Technically, yes, they should. The BBC is still a membr of the European Broadcasting Union. And the UK hax been part of the Eurovision Song Contest since 1957, way before it joined the EEC, and later on the EU. Plus, if Israel takes part in the contest, why not the UK ?
    edited April 2021 Posts: 4,416

So The Netherlands won 5 times, Belgium only ones and there is one Bond artist. Lulu won in 1969 with 3 other winners, 5 years before TMWTGG.

65th edition of festival is now on 18, 20 and 22 May 2021.
    edited April 2021 Posts: 23,449
    So The Netherlands won 5 times, Belgium only ones and there is one Bond artist. Lulu won in 1969 with 3 other winners, 5 years before TMWTGG.

Balje, with due respect, I don't think too many people care. ;-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

The best of those must be Norway s Nocturne, and the worst probably the Latvian winner.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I suppose this contest will be one thing that we won't have the good fortune of being cancelled due to the pandemic then?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I suppose this contest will be one thing that we won't have the good fortune of being cancelled due to the pandemic then?

That'd be too easy.
    edited April 2021 Posts: 23,449
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Alas, this shameful event with politically motivated, talentless singalongs for the masses is going to happen, no matter what, @Dragonpol. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for the fact that this BS keeps the news and pretty much everything people talk about for a week hijacked. It's an insult. ;-)

Two Bond artists, in fact : Isabelle Aubret sng the french version of "Do You Know how Christmas Trees are born" in OHMSS after having won the ESC in 1962.