No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    The effusive praise for Cary’s directorial work amongst cast is great to see.
  • edited February 2021 Posts: 3,160
    I guess I must be stupid as hell then. I saw the majority of Bond films, including the classics, at home.
    "At home", 1984: 29" CRT TV, all movies cropped to 4:3
    "At home", 2021: 120" 4K projector, original aspect ratio

:-)
    Quote “ Right now we have everything we need and a destructive minority is suddenly calling into question what is keeping things going. Put on the stupid mask and stay two meters away from me. Nobody takes away your rights with that. Nobody. So, the institutions are all there and basically work, but they are cornered by a group of anti-social idiots”

Hear hear. An articulate and wise man
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I've seen a few actors praise Cary's direction in interviews now. It's great to see and I'll be interested to see how it translates to screen.
    One of my big bugbears with Spectre was some of the line deliveries felt so rushed and forced, it's like they were done in one take
    I'm excited to see how the Jamaica scenes with Bond on his own play out, whether they'll have a relaxed vibe or a tense feeling to them
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I don't recall seeing this photo posted here:

Euxdz8oVIAM6AtK?format=jpg&name=900x900
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That is a fun one. I think that might be a real DB5 too, from the lack of rollcage and open windows.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    QBranch wrote: »
    I don't recall seeing this photo posted here:

Euxdz8oVIAM6AtK?format=jpg&name=900x900

I actually posted it some time ago, in november maybe, although this copy has much brighter colours.

mtm wrote: »
    That is a fun one. I think that might be a real DB5 too, from the lack of rollcage and open windows.

BTW, as some who owned a DB-5, great looks but what a dog to drive. I'm sure the BMW powered replicas ran rings around any originals that were on the set.
    It makes me wonder why Aston do not re releases with modern engineering. Or why heritage car marks don’t do that more. Morgan had success with the three wheeler. A shell of a Db5 with modern tech inside would be awesome
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Matt007 wrote: »
    It makes me wonder why Aston do not re releases with modern engineering. Or why heritage car marks don’t do that more. Morgan had success with the three wheeler. A shell of a Db5 with modern tech inside would be awesome

Aston Martin Works will do whatever you want to a car if you take it to them. They've modernised many of them, all it takes is money. They have even added Goldfinger gadgets to at least one DB5, as well as producing a lavish one-off 007 owners manual (this is many years ago, not the recent continuation models).
    But you don't tend to hear about these cars much because the owners don't make a big deal about them.

In terms of making brand new cars that look like DB5s, I'm sure the body wouldn't suit modern safety laws and specifications- the lights are probably in the wrong place, the bonnet is wrong for pedestrian collisions etc.
    Matt007 wrote: »

Aston Martin Works will do whatever you want to a car if you take it to them. They've modernised many of them, all it takes is money. They have even added Goldfinger gadgets to at least one DB5, as well as producing a lavish one-off 007 owners manual (this is many years ago, not the recent continuation models).
    But you don't tend to hear about these cars much because the owners don't make a big deal about them.

In terms of making brand new cars that look like DB5s, I'm sure the body wouldn't suit modern safety laws and specifications- the lights are probably in the wrong place, the bonnet is wrong for pedestrian collisions etc.

Ah maybe. Although as I say some of those Morgan’s are still made with a wooden frame. Wouldn’t want to be in a collision in one of those 😬
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I've seen a few actors praise Cary's direction in interviews now. It's great to see and I'll be interested to see how it translates to screen.
    One of my big bugbears with Spectre was some of the line deliveries felt so rushed and forced, it's like they were done in one take
    I'm excited to see how the Jamaica scenes with Bond on his own play out, whether they'll have a relaxed vibe or a tense feeling to them

I was thinking the same thing about the Jamaica scenes.

Does Felix show up at his place? Hence the scene with Bond walking around the perimeter of his house with the long spear gun thing?

Does Nomi track Bond from the club back to his house?

Lots of possibilities of how it'll play out. I'm going to avoid all major spoilers, reviews, social media about a week prior to release.
    I’m just glad the movie hasn’t leaked, and that there hasn’t been a major spoiler leak either. Fingers crossed that continues until the release.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Does Felix show up at his place? Hence the scene with Bond walking around the perimeter of his house with the long spear gun thing?

Lots of possibilities of how it'll play out. I'm going to avoid all major spoilers, reviews, social media about a week prior to release.

Yes there are photos of him with the speargun and his pistol in a T-shirt, and then him in a collared shirt with the pistol, so it looks like people are breaking into his house constantly! :)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited February 2021 Posts: 3,018

@Last_Rat_Standing @mtm

And let's not forget Craig's injury while filming at the beach house. I wonder if that was a pure accident slipping on something in between takes or during the shoot, like filming a foot chase or a fight on the film set? If so we haven't seen any footage at all from that fight/chase/whatever.

Just a thought..
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    @Contraband yeah mate that's a good point, we haven't really seen anything of those scenes of Bond in the grey shirt in Jamaica, aside from the clip in the Jamaica teaser when he's walking past the window with the Speargun.
    I can't see us spending long in Jamaica unless some form of tension or action happen at Bond's home.
    Do we know that he's alone during those Jamaica scenes?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Contraband wrote: »

@Last_Rat_Standing @mtm

And let's not forget Craig's injury while filming at the beach house. I wonder if that was a pure accident slipping on something in between takes or during the shoot, like filming a foot chase or a fight on the film set? If so we haven't seen any footage at all from that fight/chase/whatever.

Just a thought..

I believe I read that Craig slipped while running on wet floating docks.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Yes there are photos of him with the speargun and his pistol in a T-shirt, and then him in a collared shirt with the pistol, so it looks like people are breaking into his house constantly! :)

I always thought Bond receives a "message" at the house. Bond either sees or hears something, doesn't find anyone there but finds a note of some kind. He gets dressed, hops in the jeep and goes.

What is curious is this image:

Daniel-Craig-and-Lashana-Lynch.jpg

And September 30 is now officially the UK release date (Tom's at Digital Cinema Media and has been one of the primary public sources of UK release date updates)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    TripAces wrote: »

I always thought Bond receives a "message" at the house. Bond either sees or hears something, doesn't find anyone there but finds a note of some kind. He gets dressed, hops in the jeep and goes.

Perhaps they shot day for night? That's Lashana's nightclub oufit, isn't it?
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    In the trailer there is the scene of Nomi sitting on a bed in this outfit. "The world's moved on Commander Bond." "I will put a bullet in your knee. The one that works." All that stuff.
    antovolk wrote: »
    And September 30 is now officially the UK release date (Tom's at Digital Cinema Media and has been one of the primary public sources of UK release date updates)

Lets hope so. This is the first time since the initial April 2020 delay that I have some confidence it will actually happen.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I actually can't remember what the previous release date was...? Is that sooner?
    edited February 2021 Posts: 2,032
    I actually can't remember what the previous release date was...? Is that sooner?

Originally Friday 8th October, so brought forward by 8 days.

With the new, sooner release date, lets hope they can finish the movie in time!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Cool, thanks.

Yes I was thinking the other day, that among other things, it's odd to think that there's been a Danny Kleinman Bond title sequence just sat there for nearly a year that we've never seen.
    I don't understand what the value of getting an English director would necessarily be.

Let us not forget that two of the most well-liked Bond films of all time were directed by a New Zealander.

Even in Bond's 1960s heyday, the star was a Scottish man reciting dialogue written by Americans.

I agree I've never understood the obsession with British directors. The Bond films still feel like US action movies, British movies have never been like that, look at the British spy films of the 1960s like The Ipcress File.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2021 Posts: 4,548

A plausible explanation, yes. But Nomi's hairstyle is different in the photo as opposed to the scene in the bedroom ("The one that works..."). And that bedroom scene could be early morning (dawn). Also, in the first trailer, Bond is barefoot (as in the picture) looking out into the bay, as if contemplating something. Who knows. It all keeps me guessing.

• George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    edited February 2021 Posts: 539

A plausible explanation, yes. But Nomi's hairstyle is different in the photo as opposed to the scene in the bedroom ("The one that works..."). And that bedroom scene could be early morning (dawn). Also, in the first trailer, Bond is barefoot (as in the picture) looking out into the bay, as if contemplating something. Who knows. It all keeps me guessing.

Might have been taken in the early evening before they started shooting.

My guess for the order of events is that Bond goes to meet Felix at the club, where he first sees Nomi, but assumes her to just be a woman out clubbing, Bond goes back to the house where he finds her waiting for him, she removes what I'm assuming is a wig and they have the conversation in the trailer where she reveals herself to be a double-0, then the shot of Bond in bare feet staring off into the distance is the next morning when he's contemplating/preparing to go off to Cuba.

Or not. Your guess is as good as mine.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Might have been taken in the early evening before they started shooting.

The interior of his house might even not have been on location totally.