Favourite Bond Moments - Round 26: NTTD- Part 2: Ranking

Comments

• goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    You can go on with more suggestions are already type your top five.
    Favourite Bond Moments - Round 17: SP - Part 2: Ranking
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    1 PTS
    2 Bond assassinates Lucia s assassins
    3 Train fight
    4 Car chase
    5 Blofeld torturing Bond and Madeleine mentally in the hall of monitors.
    1. PTS
    2. Train fight
    3. Monica, and Bond killing the assassins
    4. The Snow chase
    5. The Meteor room meet with Blofeld.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    1. L'American
    2. Day of The Death (PTS til window escape)
    3. Meeting
    4. Mr White
    5. Q escape

6. Car Chase
    7. Lucia go outside to take a breath and Bond saves her.
    8. Train Fight
    9. James what are you doing here. (After the villian lair intro but before Oberhouser Video Showing Mr White)
    10. Villian lair intro (Meeting Henchman, ''Hotel''room, Skyfall painting)
    11. Oberhouser Video Showing Mr White
    12. Q and Toilet drink
    13. Train dinner
    14. Message from the grave (Bond showing Dench M video) aka Moneypenny at Bond home Part 2.
    15. Back of Mi6
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    M_Balje wrote: »
    12. Q and Toilet drink

I must have suppressed this scene where Q drinks from the toilet.
    Which meeting do you mean with your #3? @M_Balje?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Spectre meeting ;))
    Spectre meeting ;))
    Alright then. Thanks.
    Wow, that's a loooong list @mattjoes.
    A lot you mention are definitely scenes I like. Is it a top 5 movie for you?
    I don't have a formal, strict ranking of the films --there's so many of them, at times I find it very hard to choose between one and the other-- but it's safe to say there are at least five Bond films I like more than Spectre. That said, I love the film. I think it's terrific fun.
    12. Q and Toilet drink

I must have suppressed this scene where Q drinks from the toilet.
    I'm glad they removed it from the film, it was in very poor taste.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Wow, that's a loooong list @mattjoes.
    A lot you mention are definitely scenes I like. Is it a top 5 movie for you?
    I don't have a formal, strict ranking of the films --there's so many of them, at times I find it very hard to choose between one and the other-- but it's safe to say there are at least five Bond films I like more than Spectre. That said, I love the film. I think it's terrific fun.

Good to see some more love for SP. This film isn't treated friendly on this forum.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    1. The PTS with the continued tracking shot.
    2. Funeral, talking to Lucia after then eliminating the assassins at her house. Love that whole sequence.
    3. Only a few moments from the car chase. In particular when we hear the higher pitched music when the Aston Martin is drifting sideways and the ejector seat escape.
    4. Meeting with and the suicide of Mr. White
    5. Train Fight.
    6. The scenes at Blofelds base. Not including the escape. That's hogwash
  • 1. L’Americain: drunken conversation, mouse interrogation, secret room and Vesper tape
    2. Drill torture
    3. Opening tracking shot
    4. Hinx fight and abrupt lovemaking
    5. Hoffler Klinik: forms with Madeleine, prolytic digestive enzyme shake, “no—stay”
    Such a pity that we didn't see the Hoffler Klinik a bit longer. If I remeber it right, there is only one brief shot of the whole building when Bond is arriving by plane.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    1. Lucia entering her home, waiting for the killers, but being saved by Bond
    2. Q scene ("... not bring back one piece")
    3. Mr White
    4. PTS
    5. Rome chase
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Good to see some love for the Rome chase - I like it because it's different. Needs more pedestrians though!

A lot of great little moments in this film, but just 5 of my favourites:

1. Bond unfolding* all the parts on the Glock PDW and listening in to Sciarra with the laser microphone.
    2. Bond taking out the two assassins and unscrewing his suppressor next to Lucia ("Time for a drink")
    3. Q meets Bond at the Klinik: "Do one last thing for me, then you're out"/"I really really hate you right now"
    4. L'Americain mouse works for Bond, leading the way to White's hidden base of operations
    5. M meets Bond at Hildebrand safe house ("It's safe"); and Bond briefs M ("Your new friend C")**

*Perhaps this scene is a nod to TND's PTS, when Broz was meant to unfold his custom-made rifle, but it was too big and would catch on his jacket, so sadly, they left this scene out.

**It's hard to tell if M is more pissed at C's corruption or Bond saying he's M's "new friend".
  • This one was a struggle to come up with even 5 standout scenes for me personally.
    1. Train fight
    2. Spectre meeting
    3. PTS
    4. Bond saves Monica
    5. Q’s workshop
    edited February 2021 Posts: 4,378
    That's again new trivia for me @QBranch. Never heard about this deleted PTS scene from TND before.

Nice to see that there are more fans who love several Q moments in SP.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    For me, the Q character was improved upon a lot in SP, when compared to SF.
    1. Train fight (by far my favourite scene)
    2. Q, especially the first scene with Bond
    3. Lucia and Vivaldi
    4. The walk over the roofs(PTS)
    5. Parachute landing next to the garbage man. Great end for the car chase.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    For me, the Q character was improved upon a lot in SP, when compared to SF.

Agree totally. I found him very dull in SF. I warmed to him a lot more in SP.
    @mattjoes @Junglist_1985 @Thunderpussy
    Would you like to narrow it down to a top 5 list?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    @goldenswissroyale my top 5

1 The introduction of Hinx
    2 The Train fight sequence
    3 Blofeld torturing Bond.
    4 Lucia walking through her villa, surrounded by assassins, who Bond kills, before
    asking for a drink.
    5 Bond's look, dropping the smiles from Q and Tanners face, over his DB5 joke
    @goldenswissroyale my top 5

1 The introduction of Hinx
    2 The Train fight sequence
    3 Blofeld torturing Bond.
    4 Lucia walking through her villa, surrounded by assassins, who Bond kills, before
    asking for a drink.
    5 Bond's look, dropping the smiles from Q and Tanners face, over his DB5 joke

That was quick ;) I like all of these scenes. There is,a very special atmosphere when Hinx is entering the room of the meeting.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I think it's one of the best introductions of a character, very much in a
    Hammer Horror vibe.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    That's again new trivia for me @QBranch. Never heard about this deleted PTS scene from TND before.
    I may have misremembered the details a bit, but you can read more about it at the bottom of this page:

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/39676/donks-modest-bond-collection/page/26/
    QBranch wrote: »
    I may have misremembered the details a bit, but you can read more about it at the bottom of this page:

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/39676/donks-modest-bond-collection/page/26/

Great report. That's completely new to me. Thanks.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Ah, Skyfall. Probably my favourite of the Craig films, although I know I should be picking CR. What I really love about this film is how much time we spend in the UK. All that globetrotting is such an important part of the Bond film experience, but I do like that we finally get to spend quality time in London and Scotland (and pretend Scotland for the Skyfall estate!) enjoying the sights! Of course 2012 was a patriotic year for the UK anyway with the Olympics and Diamond Jubilee, on top of the very significant 50 years milestone Bond reached, so I found it cathartic to have Britain feature heavily in the movie.

And at this point I realise we are talking about SP and not SF. Was this a Freudian slip, you may wonder?! I think so! I've now come off a high and that sinking feeling in my stomach appears as I have to come up with a Top 5 for SP instead .... still, put that feeling aside, this is a thread of celebration! *hits parrot head on the bars of cage several times* Here goes!!!

1. SPECTRE meeting and the entrance of Blofeld in particular.
    2. PTS up to Bond taking the shot
    3. Q meets Bond at the clinic
    4. Car chase. An almost Roger moment with the in-car entertainment and ejector seat
    4. Bond and Madonna (oops, I mean Madeleine) wait patiently for their 'taxi ride' to Blofeld's lair
    @Max_The_Parrot is amusing as always =))

The next round will start tomorrow. The favourite moment is already fixed but the second and third spot are only separated by one point... Train fight or Lucia home NOT alone: which moment deserves the silver medal?
    Train fight, without a doubt!