Tech Talk NEW: Starship SN10 Flight Recap in 4K, Dolby Atmos car, Auto HDR on pc's

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    You're putting me on!
    I am not! Fetch my shoes.
    Did you charge up Consuela last night ? :)>-
    Yes, but then I turned her on and it didn't suck :-/

WTF?
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    This KFC gaming console is real after all, and keeps your chicken warm

bLxaYPoiSRJsLeuZzggPPV-1200-80.jpg
    The fast-food chain unveils a real gaming console powered by Intel that keeps your fried chicken warm while you play video games.

Not to be outdone by Sony's PlayStation 5 and Microsoft's Xbox Series X, fast-food restaurant chain KFC (previously called Kentucky Fried Chicken) has launched its own gaming console. No, really. This time they mean it.

https://www.cnet.com/news/this-kfc-gaming-console-is-real-after-all-and-keeps-your-chicken-warm/
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2020 Posts: 17,727
    I bet it tastes like chicken. 8-}

The perfect way to start a fire in your home this Christmas.
  • This KFC gaming console is real after all, and keeps your chicken warm

The fast-food chain unveils a real gaming console powered by Intel that keeps your fried chicken warm while you play video games.

Not to be outdone by Sony's PlayStation 5 and Microsoft's Xbox Series X, fast-food restaurant chain KFC (previously called Kentucky Fried Chicken) has launched its own gaming console. No, really. This time they mean it.

https://www.cnet.com/news/this-kfc-gaming-console-is-real-after-all-and-keeps-your-chicken-warm/

Well I’m now questioning reality.
    Eggciting...... :))
    edited December 2020 Posts: 17,727

Well it is 2020 and it had one more surprise up its sleeve! ;)
  • Dragonpol wrote: »

To quote Palpatine from Star Wars.....”A Surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

I should get myself one of these! :))

To quote Palpatine from Star Wars.....”A Surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

Get 2. One for your KFC and one for your fries... :)>-

Which came first: Kentucky Fried Chicken or the Egg ? :))
  • Dragonpol wrote: »

Get 2. One for your KFC and one for your fries... :)>-

Which came first: Kentucky Fried Chicken or the Egg ? :))

Surely KFC is changing the Gaming world with this announcement. All other companies better step up their game.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Not so much new tech but One of the most useful things I've recently
    bought of Amazon, was a Desk Lamp with a built in wireless charger
    in its base. So when I'm on the laptop, I just place my phone on it and
    it gets charged automatically.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,102
    Not so much new tech but One of the most useful things I've recently
    bought of Amazon, was a Desk Lamp with a built in wireless charger
    in its base. So when I'm on the laptop, I just place my phone on it and
    it gets charged automatically.

That sounds useful, I have a lamp I bought a few years ago with two usb ports in the base... Very handy for charging the phone also.
    81-xTFPDoZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    I have a RGB smart bulb in the lamp also which is controlled by my Echo Devices.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55637328
    A wristband that tells your boss if you are unhappy
    edited January 2021 Posts: 2,341

Do you think it works ?
    I doubt it.
    To be honest it's how I'm using my wrist at the time, as to whether I'm
    Happy or Not :D
    To be honest it's how I'm using my wrist at the time, as to whether I'm
    Happy or Not :D

It's all in the wrist as they say....... :)>-
    edited January 2021 Posts: 17,727

It's a nice sentiment and all but I doubt many bosses would really care how unhappy their employee is. At least that's been my experience of the world of work. ;)

It's a nice sentiment and all but I doubt many bosses would really care how unhappy their employee is. At least that's been my experience of the world of work. ;)

That would be a interesting discussion on this forum.

That would be a interesting discussion on this forum.

Yes, as I say, my experience may not be typical but I've had some bad experiences with employers over the years. You tend to remember those more than anything good that happened.
    I'm sure we've all had bad experiences of Bad employers. I know I have, even
    though all analysis proves a happy workforce is more productive.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Don't get me started on bad employers. Some of the things I've seen them do or have asked me to do continues to leave me dumbfounded, years later! :-? :-O #-o
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just bought myself a FitnessTracker never used one previously, bought primarily for Running, Walking and Cycling. I am recovering from surgery so mobility not great at moment so tried the tracker whilst doing weight training, the functionality is excellent very impressed once you use the app the tracker is linked with.
    Letsfit-Letscom-KUNGIX-Wilful-Yamay-ID152-HR-Color-Test-Tracker-Fintesstarccker-GPS-wasserdicht-Preis-Anleitung-App-Bedienungsanleitung-Update-Banner.jpg?fit=1068%2C534&ssl=1
    Whilst cycling and my phone is in my rucksack it will be very handy for text and call alerts, the wrist band works like a pager and displays the text messages.
    Just bought myself a FitnessTracker never used one previously, bought primarily for Running, Walking and Cycling. I am recovering from surgery so mobility not great at moment so tried the tracker whilst doing weight training, the functionality is excellent very impressed once you use the app the tracker is linked with.
    Letsfit-Letscom-KUNGIX-Wilful-Yamay-ID152-HR-Color-Test-Tracker-Fintesstarccker-GPS-wasserdicht-Preis-Anleitung-App-Bedienungsanleitung-Update-Banner.jpg?fit=1068%2C534&ssl=1
    Whilst cycling and my phone is in my rucksack it will be very handy for text and call alerts, the wrist band works like a pager and displays the text messages.

Sounds very handy.

I had a casio digital watch a long time ago that had a pulse reading function by putting your finger on the bottom of the face of the watch and the result would come up on it.
    I don't know how accurate it was. Maybe it was just a gimmick ?
    edited February 2021 Posts: 23,102

Sounds very handy.

I had a casio digital watch a long time ago that had a pulse reading function by putting your finger on the bottom of the face of the watch and the result would come up on it.

I had a similar watch years ago that checked the pulse. I also have a black and white camera watch that is over 30 years old that still works in a drawer somewhere that was pre mobile phones. I have never really been a watch person though kept this new gadget on since I got it. It tracks your sleep also (light sleep/deep sleep) sensors are much more advanced now.

Sounds very handy.

I had a similar watch years ago that checked the pulse. I also have a black and white camera watch that is over 30 years old that still works in a drawer somewhere that was pre mobile phones. I have never really been a watch person though kept this new gadget on since I got it. It tracks your sleep also (light sleep/deep sleep) sensors are much more advanced now.

What's better light sleep or deep sleep ?
    edited February 2021 Posts: 23,102

Sounds very handy.

What's better light sleep or deep sleep ?

Experts say 1 - 2 hours deep sleep is good for proper rest. I had 3 hours deep sleep last night though I did over sleep as catching up on sleep. I slept ten hours according to the gadget in total.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    My girlfriend recently got a used AppleWatch from her father, when he upgraded to a newer model and there are quite a few interesting if ultimately inconsequential things one can do with those.
    The fitness and sleep trackingI guess is more or less the same as other types of tracking devices. Getting notifications on your wrist and being able to start and stop music playing without taking the phone out of your pocket is nice, too. Some of the custom watch faces are helpful, like having graph of sun's path and when dusk will hit. That came in handy on a recent hike. The most used feature at the moment might be to make the phone emmit a sound, to help finding it. As I said, interesting, but hardly consequential.

I guess we've never seen Bond with a smart watch (well, with a modern smart watch anyway) because Omega doesn't produce one. Could be an interesting side-battlefield, if Apple does end up purchasing MGM and then try to crowbar their products into the films without upsetting Omega, who are I assume the most important product partner EON has next to Aston Martin.
    My girlfriend recently got a used AppleWatch from her father, when he upgraded to a newer model and there are quite a few interesting if ultimately inconsequential things one can do with those.
    The fitness and sleep trackingI guess is more or less the same as other types of tracking devices. Getting notifications on your wrist and being able to start and stop music playing without taking the phone out of your pocket is nice, too. Some of the custom watch faces are helpful, like having graph of sun's path and when dusk will hit. That came in handy on a recent hike. The most used feature at the moment might be to make the phone emmit a sound, to help finding it. As I said, interesting, but hardly consequential.

I guess we've never seen Bond with a smart watch (well, with a modern smart watch anyway) because Omega doesn't produce one. Could be an interesting side-battlefield, if Apple does end up purchasing MGM and then try to crowbar their products into the films without upsetting Omega, who are I assume the most important product partner EON has next to Aston Martin.

I looked at the premium watches £250 and upward. The one I got had a double discount so was only £17 and appears to have much of the same functions.

I also noticed a handy phone camera control on mine, I can position the mobile phone where I want it and take photos from a distance using the FitnessTracker Band as a remote.

I think a lot of the functions are gimmicky though I think it depends on what a person uses it for. It will be great for me whilst cycling.

Regarding Bond it would be like an upgrade of PB's Bond phone in TND. There is definately potential there having a smart watch as a Q gadget.
    CITIZEN Satellite Wave GPS Watches
    img5.gif

In 2011, Citizen invented a unique technology: Satellite Wave.
    It enables watches to receive time signals from orbiting GPS satellites to display precise time and date. Citizen Satellite Wave watches have the world's fastest* satellite time reception at 3 seconds.

https://www.citizenwatch-global.com/technologies/satellitewave/

• ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.

I looked at the premium watches £250 and upward. The one I got had a double discount so was only £17 and appears to have much of the same functions.

I also noticed a handy phone camera control on mine, I can position the mobile phone where I want it and take photos from a distance using the FitnessTracker Band as a remote.

I think a lot of the functions are gimmicky though I think it depends on what a person uses it for. It will be great for me whilst cycling.

Regarding Bond it would be like an upgrade of PB's Bond phone in TND. There is definately potential there having a smart watch as a Q gadget.

Right, the camera stuff is pretty neat, too.

It is wild how a lot of stuff we saw in Bond films over the decades as completely fancyful is now just packed into a generally affordable consumer product. Which might be one of the reason's the Bond people have shied away from smartphones and smartwatches (apart from a generel lowering of the emphasis on gadgets from CR onwards and the fact that the latest Bond film was released only a handful of months after the first AppleWatch!). They are just a little bit too mass market. The difference between an AppleWatch and an Omega is a bit like the difference between a Tesla S and an Aston Martin DB11. Both are expensive products, but one is generally attainable while the other is real luxury.