No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited January 2021 Posts: 7,969
    What does it mean?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    mtm wrote: »
    Mallory wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    I have my Rogue Territory Wax Canvas Jacket being delivered today. Quite excited is an understatement. I previously havent been able to indulge in The Bond Lifestyle but one of the only benefits of these lockdowns is a little bit of spare cash.

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/articles/rogue-territory-supply-jacket-films-and-series

But also, you can't go out so you don't get to wear it! :)

Only joshing, I got a nice new jacket a couple of months ago too :)

Thanks. It has now arrived. Early impressions are very positive, it is a very nice jacket.

Great! It's a very nice looking thing. Is it as stiff as they say when it's new? I think I've seen pictures of some of them standing up on their own! :)
    I think they loosen up quite quickly though.

Yes it can stand up on its own, like a pair of new shoes, it will need breaking in.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 1,693
    There's some reports in the papers today that they 'might' have to reshoot some bits to update any product placements in the film that are outdated by the time the film is released.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/13847637/james-bond-re-shoots-product-placement-deals/

Seems like they're guessing a bit, but they may have a point. I can only see it applying to the Nokia though, I don't think there are any other products as time sensitive as phones, and I expect they can replace them digitally and paste in any new close-ups required.[/quote]

Thought this might happen which is why I brought up the dating problems a week or so ago.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

If there is truth to it, this clears the rumors, that EON might sell Bond after NTTD.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Jan1985 wrote: »

If there is truth to it, this clears the rumors, that EON might sell Bond after NTTD.

I mean, what does option even mean in this context? They are optioning it basically from themselves as Danjaq is the rights holder from whom they option anything related to Bond, right?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

I mean, what does option even mean in this context? They are optioning it basically from themselves as Danjaq is the rights holder from whom they option anything related to Bond, right?
    It probably means nothing and is likely yet another misleading tidbit from IMDB.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

I speculated on Twitter that the only one I could think of would be MGM, so MGM (the studio) asking EON (the production company) to start working on B26. But that would be very contradictory, given that MGM is so uncertain about its own future and is preparing for a possible sell of the company. Then you aren't going to greenlight a new film instalment.
    Important to note is that EON always creates subsidiaries to handle the production of a single film. This is the one for NTTD, for example. EON have not yet created any subsidiary called B26 Limited, so I'm assuming pre-production on Bond 26 has not started yet.
    I have no idea how to connect that with the stories of Phoebe Waller-Bridge allegedly being asked to give some ideas for the next film. If she has been asked, it's not officially on paper, at least.
    Time-wise, B25 Limited (NTTD) was founded on May 6th, 2015. That's 6 months before Spectre released. Both B23 (SF) and B24 (SP) were founded in early March 2007. Now, there's nothing. So this seems indeed to be something misleading, like that one time someone added Syncopy to NTTD's IMDBPro page as a production company.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    TheWizardOfIce
    @TheWizardOfIce
    ·
    Jan 26
    Replying to
    @JamesBondAUS
    and
    @imdbpro
    ‘Projects in development: 3’ makes for interesting reading.

Even assuming NTTD is still classed as one of them does that mean they’re actually planning ahead with the next actor’s tenure and B26 & B27 are in development?

Or are they just busy on that The Rhythm Section sequel?

I sense something. A presence i haven't felt since...

You think EON could have secretly wrote a script for Bond 26 while studios were shut down? I mean what else could they have done?
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 154
    News here in LA is that the average person (not older set, or required services people, etc.) should be vaccinated by some point in the Fall. If we're looking at a two-shot process, October may be a bit optimistic. But, looking at film release schedules, April 2022 has far more openings (without competition) than October anyway. Just food for thought.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    writer5150 wrote: »
    News here in LA is that the average person (not older set, or required services people, etc.) should be vaccinated by some point in the Fall. If we're looking at a two-shot process, October may be a bit optimistic. But, looking at film release schedules, April 2022 has far more openings (without competition) than October anyway. Just food for thought.

The Biden administration announced today that they are "shooting" for late summer for everyone who needs/wants the vaccine to have received it. We need to get to about 70% vaccinated in order to resume normalcy. Unless these variants prove more problematic than we think, early September is doable.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2021 Posts: 4,416
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    You think EON could have secretly wrote a script for Bond 26 while studios were shut down? I mean what else could they have done?

Bond 26 imdb possible already there for months, last weak i at to wishlist for cinema and BD. With all delays mabey MGM, Eon and Daniel Craig stil plan a 6th movie with him in 2023. November 2022 is 2,7 years after the original release of NTTD in April 2020. Break Daniel Craig ''normaly'' need already gone then. Spectre released in 2015, 3 years after Skyfall. Making a script this year, preproduction in 2022 and filming in 2023. 6 or 7 years of waiting on NTTD is long and with Bond 26 two or one year later (if another delay) it look like we get 2 movies in 8 years. Adele is also finaly starts of with making new music.

I also discover a couple of days a go that my earlier news about MGM movies will now released by Warner is more a bit more dificult / difrent. It turn out that Warner take over job from Universal with releasing dreamworks animation titles (who Universal just get back from Fox) with Trolls 2. For a couple of weaks Universal was credit, but since last weak it be Warner.

Also Universal titles and tv series wil be released also under the flag of Warner. That explain why Warner is credit for re-releases of Bond movies on BD and DVD (A choose MGM agree with too of course but be choose made by Universal. ) and why Paramount must chooser for new partner (and choose DFW since 1 January 2021) after al those years Universal. That Universal let release Warner one of there tv series mabey explain why MGM stil searching for new partner. It look like Universal have other plans and doing now with Warner what Paramount did with Universal before. There making NTTD with MGM, but BD and DVD wil be released by MGM, Universal and Warner (Possible not only in The Netherlands and Belgium). Whyle Mission Impossible 7 wil be released by Paramount and Dutch Film Works (DFW) in The Netherlands and Belgium.
  • writer5150 wrote: »

The first shot without the second shot still has a very high efficacy against Covid.
  • I've been hearing on news that it's not much good without the second dose in the prescribed timeframe. Some say yes, some say no. If it was so great, why bother with the second shot at all? Must have been part of the plan for a reason. And will that uncertainty put butts in seats in early October? I hope so, but mine won't be one of them. Not at that point. But I'm all for releasing at the beginning of October so it will hit Blu Ray for the holiday season.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Fresh interview with Rami Malek on the Tonight Show

Nobody has posted anything to this thread for about 24 hours. Is that a first? I guess I'm changing that. LOL
    Just watched 'Little Things' with Malek and Denzel yesterday on streaming (an ok thriller). It was filmed after NTTD.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited January 2021 Posts: 2,035
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Just watched 'Little Things' with Malek and Denzel yesterday on streaming (an ok thriller). It was filmed after NTTD.

Looking forward to seeing that, score by SF and SP composer Timmy Newman too.

It was filmed from September to Dezember 2019, so for parts at the same time as NTTD (that wrapped at the end of October).
  • Jan1985 wrote: »

It was filmed from September to Dezember 2019, so for parts at the same time as NTTD (that wrapped at the end of October).

I remember hearing at the time that they had a lot of trouble juggling Malek's schedule after Craig broke his leg and filming had to be shifted around.

I remember hearing at the time that they had a lot of trouble juggling Malek's schedule after Craig broke his leg and filming had to be shifted around.

The Craig-incident was in May 2019 right after filming on Bond began.
    They had to reschedule some scenes. But I believe they filmed all Malek-scenes during the summer. He had finished Bond before September.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 440

The Craig-incident was in May 2019 right after filming on Bond began.
    They had to reschedule some scenes. But I believe they filmed all Malek-scenes during the summer. He had finished Bond before September.

That's right. The scheduling problem was not with Malek's filming on the Little Things.

During the spring and summer, he was shooting the last season of his show Mr Robot, and because some of his scenes in NTTD were unexpectedly pushed forward due to the delay, he had to commute back and forth between New York and London every few days to shoot both.

Looking forward to seeing that, score by SF and SP composer Timmy Newman too.

It is a weird movie. The script bounced around Hollywood for about 30 years. Because of its plot elements, it had to be set in that era, when cell phones were virtually nonexistent. The performances are fantastic. Newman's score is great, as usual.

I'll post more in the "Last Movie You Saw" thread.

TripAces wrote: »
    Nobody has posted anything to this thread for about 24 hours. Is that a first? I guess I'm changing that. LOL

Whats there left to say about the production of this film? Its all packaged and ready to go. Now were just waiting to see it.

Whats there left to say about the production of this film? Its all packaged and ready to go. Now were just waiting to see it.

While we wait it sits on a shelf in the back cupboard collecting mold.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 4,548
    ToTheRight wrote: »

While we wait it sits on a shelf in the back cupboard collecting mold.

Yep. All we can do now is wait. Again. It's nine months from now, which seems like a long time. But nine months ago was...May...and back then I was watching a lot of Normal People on Hulu and Defending Jacob on Apple+. That seems like yesterday. So...
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    I felt like coming here to say I am home and just watched “the little things” and I would totally pay any amount of money to stream NTTD
  • Yep. All we can do now is wait. Again. It's nine months from now, which seems like a long time.
    Nine months is a long time, especially when the world's like this.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    IF the film will stick to its late 2021 release date, the last Craig Bond film will come out exactly 50 years after the last (EoN) Connery Bond film.