The brand new guess the character

Comments

• Professor Dent?
    No, not Blofeld goons or Professor Dent or anything such

Tell you what I'll do, I'll give away a very big pointer, if this doesn't give it away, nothing will

I came in through the door but should of left by the window

easy now isn't it

Go on, have a go etc, I expect to see a correct answer tomorrow
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 165
    I reckon it's one of Mayday's henchwomen in AVTAK? Struggling with a name though
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 128
    ReneMathis wrote:
    I reckon it's one of Mayday's henchwomen in AVTAK? Struggling with a name though
    I was thinking of them too - they were called Jenny Flex and Pan Ho.

I'll go with Octopussy's assistant Midge, I don't think she quite fits all the clues though, but WTH.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited June 2012 Posts: 2,630
    Jaws
    Cipher wrote:
    ReneMathis wrote:

I'll go with Octopussy's assistant Midge, I don't think she quite fits all the clues though, but WTH.

Unbelievably that is the correct answer

I kind of gave it away at the end there, I should of put 'who I really am sounds a bit fruity', but it's been solved now, and yet again, you show how impressive you are in these character rounds. Not a lot of activity, but for getting such a character I thought quite awkward, you have done well again, I did think this would go on a while longer

@Cipher up next etc
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Cipher wrote:
    ReneMathis wrote:

Unbelievably that is the correct answer

I kind of gave it away at the end there, I should of put 'who I really am sounds a bit fruity', but it's been solved now, and yet again, you show how impressive you are in these character rounds. Not a lot of activity, but for getting such a character I thought quite awkward, you have done well again, I did think this would go on a while longer

@Cipher up next etc

Wait, shouldn't it go to RMathis? He kind of got it first, just not by name..
    - I clearly need sleep -
    Sorry, I was half asleep :-<

No, Mr Cipher was indeed correct - The character in Question was indeed Midge out of Octopussy

Mr Mathis was under the impression it was AVTAK character - it wasn't
    Sorry, I was half asleep :-<

No, Mr Cipher was indeed correct - The character in Question was indeed Midge out of Octopussy

Mr Mathis was under the impression it was AVTAK character - it wasn't

Oh.. wait.. my bad. I didn't read his final sentence. I thought he simply named the characters RMathis was getting at. Didn't see the Octopussy character.

As you were :/ (apologies)
    Thanks again Baltimore. It was clues 3 and 5 that pointed me in the right direction, just took a while to sort through the possibilities. Sorry to spoil your fun so soon :)

Okay, next round. This character is not so obscure as the last few, so should be fairly easy to get.

1. Given my position, I'd stand out in a crowd
    2. Bond wrecks something of mine, but I don't seem to mind
    3. On more than one occasion, I manage to make Bond feel quite uncomfortable
    I'm getting in a real rage almost here and having some difficulties but I'll have a go anyway, is it Major Anya Amasova
    Major Amasova is incorrect, sorry.

This character isn't in a leading role, but does have a speaking role and appears in a few scenes throughout the movie.
    4. Bond lies about me to one of his colleagues
    5. I'm loyal, up to a point
    6. My superior makes an example of me
    I really don't know who it is, but I thought maybe Helga Brandt, some of the clues do add up, but this is one of those that while tricky, aren't over belligerent and all it takes is a bit of lateral thinking maybe, I do think this will be solved by the end of the week
    Maybe a bit sooner than the end of the week as it is indeed Helga Brandt who I was thinking of:

1. Brandt is a white woman working in '60s Japan
    2. Bond cuts the shoulder straps on her dress
    3. Brandt opens the bar where Bond had dumped the goon's body, she threatens him with a surgical knife, the plane etc
    4. Bond assures Aki he wouldn't touch Brandt
    5. Brandt doesn't accept Bond's offer to betray SPECTRE but tries to shift the blame for failing to kill Bond onto Osato
    6. Blofeld kills Brandt in front of Osato and the Govt reps

Congratulations and back to you Baltimore.
    Ha! I don't believe it! :O :O :O

I'll sleep on a new character, this is a surprise for sure etc
    I believe I've found a good character that may cause some frustration, but it's all good natured etc

Off we go..

#1 I am in possession of something that isn't really suitable for my gender

#2 I don't feel the possession I have would really be of much use in the circumstances

#3 I make my proper introduction by way of sounds

#4 James Bond pulls something of me

#5 I seem to know more than James Bond does

I think this one is a beaut actually <:-P
    I believe I've found a good character that may cause some frustration, but it's all good natured etc

Off we go..

#1 I am in possession of something that isn't really suitable for my gender

#2 I don't feel the possession I have would really be of much use in the circumstances

#3 I make my proper introduction by way of sounds

#4 James Bond pulls something of me

#5 I seem to know more than James Bond does

I think this one is a beaut actually <:-P

Honey Rider?
    I can see where you're coming from, but this time, that was an incorrect answer, but a good attempt nonetheless

Even money Mr Cipher will crack it eventually though
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 5,745
    I feel like it's a man with a bra in a Q scene.. only I don't believe that's ever happened. Haha

Wild guess.. Sir Hilary Bray? The kilt.. Bond uses his name.. I don't know :/
    Of course you don't know, that's the fun of these rounds especially for anyone who gets a chance to chair these things. Sir Hillary Bray is also well wide of the mark too. I've been quite clever with this one, but all the clues are indeed factual and correct, there is no foul play at work etc
    Kara Milovy? Last one for the night...

Question: For #4, did you mean Bond pulls something 'off me', or indeed 'of me'?
    No, it was pulled 'off me' as in 'pulled something off'

And Milovy is also incorrect, said before, that this is a tricky one

I really can't sit here any longer! Goodnight :O
    Mr. Wint
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    The man in drag as the grieving widow/mourner ... I am tired, what movie ... TB? Gee, that wasn't Blofeld in drag was it? Anyway that's my guess.
    Mr Wint is incorrect as is Jacques Bouvar (Blofeld in Drag) :-<

Couple more pointers before sleep time

#6 When Bond first sees me there's not an awful lot he can do about it

#7 Safety is in numbers

#8 Bond is unable to do something so I offer him something else

#9 I am calmly and phlegmatically spoken

#10 I could of been in a James Stewart movie

go on, have a go..
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The man in drag as the grieving widow/mourner ... I am tired, what movie ... TB? Gee, that wasn't Blofeld in drag was it? Anyway that's my guess.
    Someone obviously needs to watch TB again... :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Is it Natalya Simonova? James Stewart has in his filmography a film called You Can't Take It With You, and from that I immediately think of Boris's joke in GE that he challenges her with.
    Am I right, @Baltimore_007??
    Am I right, @Baltimore_007??

I think you've got it. Quite a creative one, I'll add.