NTTD & Corona

Comments

• Let's face it April is looking increasingly unlikely. Apparently Eon are far from keen on a Summer releases since Licence To Kill disappointed in 1989. That leaves November or 2022. I'd go November. Make it a big Thanksgiving/Christmas release. Hammer the opposition into the ground.
  • Let's face it April is looking increasingly unlikely. Apparently Eon are far from keen on a Summer releases since Licence To Kill disappointed in 1989. That leaves November or 2022. I'd go November. Make it a big Thanksgiving/Christmas release. Hammer the opposition into the ground.

2022, to link with the 60th anniversary is tempting, but is just a little too long to wait.
  • If this is how you deal with something out of your control, like the release of a film. Albeit a Bond film, and let’s be clear, 99% of members here are waiting frantically for its eventual release. But if you get this worked up over the release of a movie, how do you deal with everyday real problems in your life?
    To be fair to myself, I was trying to phrase that as a positive statement, 🙂 I wasn't trying to sound as if I was moaning about it. I know that expressions aren't always easy to convey in text form.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    @RogerJonMoorePertwee for what it's worth your comments come across to me as civil and consistent. Your thoughts to release it now on streaming and wanting to see it now are understood.

I have a different view and don't have an issue waiting long term for an eventual release in theaters. At the same time I'm not taking offense to what you're saying.

• Thank you RichardTheBruce, that's very kind of you to say that. I really needed that.
    Let's face it April is looking increasingly unlikely. Apparently Eon are far from keen on a Summer releases since Licence To Kill disappointed in 1989. That leaves November or 2022. I'd go November. Make it a big Thanksgiving/Christmas release. Hammer the opposition into the ground.

Except that MI:7 is supposed to open round then.Not a good time to bring it out then.I can see them holding off until 2022 to cash in on the 60th anniverary at this stage.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 3,164
    Looks like we really might have to brace ourselves for a November move.

First let slip in an interview by a major Dutch cinema owner...
    https://www.bndestem.nl/roosendaal/bios-niet-bang-voor-streamingdiensten-mensen-willen-dat-grote-scherm~a49e0452/?referrer=https://www.google.com/

along with this...apparently the product placement partners (Omega etc) are prepping for a fall launch

Matt Hancock’s (UK health secretary) “every UK adult offered vaccine by the Autumn” might have sealed this for good and might be the clearest timeline indication yet
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited January 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Well like I suggested last week a release date inbetween Dune and M:I seems the most logical option.
    Might be the Skyfall/Spectre late October/early November window
    Yep... SF came out for Halloween in the US if I recall correctly.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    The US never got a taste of Bond in October. Ever since QOS, Bond would come out in late October in the UK, but us Yanks always had to wait two weeks before it premiered in the US.

It would be nice to have the film debut in the UK and US at the same time for once.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    For the sake of conversation on the boards here - the sooner we know that they're going to move, the better.
  • Unfortunately they probably won't announce the delay before March 2.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 1,314
    Well I correctly predicted that both dates, nov 2020 and April 2021 were fanciful as soon as they were released.

Let’s see if I can make it a round 3. I would say November at the earliest. The earliest. And even then I wouldnt be surprised if it moved vaccine or no. Partly because to make money the rest of the developed world will have to have achieved the same as the British government is aiming for abs vaccinated it’s entire Population give or take a few.

In short don’t hold your breath but we might get a pleasant surprise
    Agreed. I still don’t see theaters being open at full capacity in most key markets by November 2021 but it’s pretty clear that they’re reaching a breaking point. They can’t delay it indefinitely and at one point it won’t become sustainable anymore.
    Morbius is the first to move - from March to October

edited January 2021 Posts: 4,343
    I believe by the end of this month they will make the announcement. At the latest...

EDIT: I just found out that Fauci hopes US theaters could be open again at almost full capacity next autumn: “ If everything goes right, this is will occur some time in the fall of 2021, so that by the time we get to the early to mid-fall, you can have people feeling safe performing on stage, as well as people in the audience.”.
    3% of UK's population (the most vulnerable 3%) has already received the first dose of the vaccine and it's only the 12th of January.
    I really hope so. Putting life on hold and my kids childhoods on hold to an extent is kind of wearing but necessary. But I keep saying to them that one day we will look back and be proud that we got through it.

Time to get those jabs and move on to new sunlit uplands as they say
    Damn ! Just learned that Rémy Julienne, the stuntman responsible for the car chases in six Bond movies, has caught CoVid-19, and is in intensive care. As he's 90 years old, things don't look too good for him.

https://www.jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-448235-le-celebre-cascadeur-de-cinema-francais-remy-julienne-hospitalise-en-reanimation-et-dans-un-etat-serieux-apres-avoir-contracte-le-coronavirus.html
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Fingers crossed Rémy Julienne can pull through.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I hope they announce it officially sooner rather than later, not that it makes much of a difference.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I hope they announce it officially sooner rather than later, not that it makes much of a difference.

Announcement clearly any hour now, Deadline with the scoop as before.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    antovolk wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Announcement clearly any hour now, Deadline with the scoop as before.

Variety's wording in this tweet makes it sound like they're still holding out (which seems extremely unlikely).

Variety's tweet is linking to their article yesterday where they talked about it, Deadline's report came in the last hour
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    I noticed that, I just thought that tweet itself might've been written more recently, but that might be wrong as well.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Maybe Deadline's heard a bit more around the topic than Variety has in the last 24 hours. This should be interesting.
  • RedNineRedNine Poland
    Judging by how the last year went, Fall release would imply going all in on the vaccine working and making a difference. July/August were probably the months that allowed the most freedom but by October we were all locked down basically, in one way or the other. For fall release to work we need to basically achieve some way of normality by September
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Well come Fall with a lot of competition, they may not be hitting their $ expectations either, so it’s better but still not great situation from their perspective