R.I.P. A Final Farewell To Members Of The James Bond Family

Comments

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RIP Michael Apted, his TWINE made me a Bond fan. I owe him many thanks.

TWINE will always remain a favourite.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Michael Apted
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited January 2021 Posts: 5,080
    Saddening to learn of the passing of Michael Apted.
    While TWINE is an uneven film, it is still laden with iconic moments owed largely no doubt to his directorial flair.
    A great loss for British cinema.
    RIP
  • RyanRyan Canada
    The first Bond I saw at the cinema. I still have quite a fondness for TWINE. RIP Michael Apted! Rough week for Bond alumni it seems.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Another sad loss for the Bond community.
    I think his legacy should be the excellent series of 'Up' films he had been involved with and directed since 1964.
    Not sure if they are know outside the UK, I'd guess probably not, but Micheal Apted's terrific eye for what makes a good documentary is written all over them.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited January 2021 Posts: 12,914
    @cwl007 I can report I saw 28 UP on its original release at the Spectrum Theater in Albany, New York. Today I possess (Region 1) DVD versions from 7 UP to 56 UP if I'm remembering correctly.

VERY affecting and recommended and a fine legacy for Michael Apted as you said.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    He was also directer of Gorillas in the Mist and Nell.

I always hopes after Twine he direct another one or have him in mind for Bond/Twine spinoff and i hopen back in 2004 there ask him to direct the Hulk (2003) sequel.

I also have seen Unlocked (2017), but i think Twine was his best movie. I haven't seen Narnia 3 yet

Rip.
    My favorite Brosnan film this is a shame Rest In Peace Michael
    Oh damn. Apted directed my favourite Stacy Keach film, The Squeeze.

MV5BMWIxMDY3NTQtODFjMC00MmEzLWFkOTMtMGZjZWNmNGNlMGRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

Bloody good film. RIP Michael Apted.

Never seen this one and I'm a pretty big Stacy Keach fan. I'll have to track this film down.
    RIP Michael Apted.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    RIP Michael Apted. Your film was my first in cinema going Bond. Started a life long obsession with Commander Bond.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    RIP Michael Apted. TWINE may be near the bottom of my list, but that doesn't mean I don't love it to bits.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    RIP Michael Apted. I have no real love of TWINE, but I love and respect any man who brings Bond to life.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Well, TWINE is my favorite Brosnan Bond film.
    RIP...
  • RIP Michael Apted.

TWINE is a truly underrated film, one that’s Top 10 Best Bond film material for me.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Well, TWINE is my favorite Brosnan Bond film.
    RIP...

It's my favorite tonight and this weekend, @talos7. I hope you're doing well.

37781894-9127851-image-a-80_1610143702233.jpg

BB1cAOZ8.img?h=552&w=750&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrFFTiqGqV5Kbqu8HWq8uJC-x92i2wPxA_og&usqp=CAU

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RIP Michael Apted. Your Bond movie may rank as my lowest entry, but that doesn't mean
    I don't enjoy it or respect your work.
    Another sad loss for the Bond family for 2021.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    @RichardTheBruce I’m doing well, thank you. I’ve been lurking but needed a break from agitators who only know courage when behind a keyboard. ;)
    edited January 2021 Posts: 12,914
    Witnessed, @talos7. Witnessed.
    Damn, RIP Michael Apted. I love TWINE and enjoyed his films Gorillas in the Mist and Gorky Park. I've also been interested in watching his film Class Action, with Gene Hackman, for a while. His Up documentary series I've never seen either but the concept I've always found fascinating. It would be nice if someone continued with the project.

As much as I can gather from interviews, Apted had interesting and insightful things to say, and came across as a fairly levelheaded guy. May he rest in peace.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    RIP Michael, really love his work in TWINE.
  • cwl007cwl007 England

@cwl007 I can report I saw 28 UP on its original release at the Spectrum Theater in Albany, New York. Today I possess (Region 1) DVD versions from 7 UP to 56 UP if I'm remembering correctly.

VERY affecting and recommended and a fine legacy for Michael Apted as you said.

That's nice to know, thanks for that.
    I'm glad the series travelled, it certainly deserved to.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    TWINE is underrated

RIP Micheal.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    ToTheRight wrote: »

MV5BMWIxMDY3NTQtODFjMC00MmEzLWFkOTMtMGZjZWNmNGNlMGRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

Never seen this one and I'm a pretty big Stacy Keach fan. I'll have to track this film down.
    RIP Michael Apted.

It's very of it's time, very The Sweeney.
    RIP Michael Apted. Director on my favorite Bond Film.

ToTheRight wrote: »

RIP Michael Apted.

You really should check out 'The Squeeze', excellent thriller.
    R.I.P. Michael Apted
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RIP Michael Apted. Always been a pretty big fan of TWINE so this is awful news.
    The first week of 2021 has been unkind for Bond fans so far. Sad for the losses of both Tanya Roberts and Michael Apted. Somebody had a meme recently that can we return 2021 after a week and move straight to 2022.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    Just heard Michael Apted passed this morning. Another loss in the Bond family - it’s really overwhelming.

Honestly, I’d put The World Is Not Enough right up there with GoldenEye as being another o; although there are some problems in other technical areas, I’ve always enjoyed Apted’s grounded, yet elegant, mature, and competent direction and overall filmmaking
    abilities.

RIP.
    Shame to hear about Michael Apted.TWINE is my favourite Brosnan Bond and think its truly underrated.He came across as a kind and decent man in all the documentary and interview materials over the years.His audio commentary for TWINE is a real treat and i encourage anyone who hasnt listened to it to check it out.

RIP Mr Apted.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sad news regarding Michael Apted, TWINE is probably 3rd from bottom though its still a Bond film and better than a lot of other action films. I first became aware of Apted with Gorillas in the Mist.

R.I.P.