Bond and Food

2»

Comments

• The dining scenes in OP and TMWTGG are classics, though TMWTGG is due in large part to the fantastic conversation between Moore and Lee.

The (very) brief scene between Bond and Drax struck me as hilarious in MR when Drax offers Bond tea and cucumber sandwiches. Undoubtedly the most famous British character that hates tea.
  • Doubtless already mentioned, but would have to give examples of when Bond is with Dr No, Bond and Scaramanga, Bond 'having light conversation' with Kamal Khan, or even when Bond talks to Sutton in A View to a Kill and she rips up the Zorin check. I don't remember Dalton eating much, although Sanchez did offer a coffee in License to Kill

Maybe also worth including is the scene at the Blaydon safe house in Living Dayights when Koskov recieves the food items and while Bond himself didn't indulge, it was still a fun scene and why leave it out. Guessing we can't really include the bit of out Goldeneye when Bond inspects Q's lunch, thinking it's a gadget, but that was another example I thought I'd throw in

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    SMERSHed wrote:
    The dining scenes in OP and TMWTGG are classics, though TMWTGG is due in large part to the fantastic conversation between Moore and Lee.

The (very) brief scene between Bond and Drax struck me as hilarious in MR when Drax offers Bond tea and cucumber sandwiches. Undoubtedly the most famous British character that hates tea.

Yes, I always thought that scene in MR where Bond refuses the tea from Drax was very spot on for Bond character-wise and of course well backed up with Fleming authority. It's probably one of the few things in MR that was though, as much as I love it.
    I wonder what lunch Bond was enjoying at the Eiffel Tower before he begins pursuit of May Day?
  • BondLLCLawyerBondLLCLawyer Here and there mate- owning an LLC takes you there and back.
    Any place for Bond recipes? If not I suggest a subform be created, just for Bond recipes. one I have had for some time:

The Bloody Shot
    (a double)

a double of vodka. What ever brand you like.
    little bit of tomato juice. It is imperative that you include only a little bit of the tomato juice. Too much and its no good. Just a squeeze of lemon and the piece de resistance. (or a bomb surprise), it will sound crazy but just a dab of raspberry jam/preserves.

It might just surprise you. Take the bloody shot!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Any place for Bond recipes? If not I suggest a subform be created, just for Bond recipes. one I have had for some time:

The Bloody Shot
    (a double)

a double of vodka. What ever brand you like.
    little bit of tomato juice. It is imperative that you include only a little bit of the tomato juice. Too much and its no good. Just a squeeze of lemon and the piece de resistance. (or a bomb surprise), it will sound crazy but just a dab of raspberry jam/preserves.

It might just surprise you. Take the bloody shot!

May try this! I'd almost prefer if it fully went either the way of a bloody mary shot (nix the raspberry and add tabasco), or a margarita shot (replace the vodka with tequila, nix the tomato juice and shake it up with strawberry or raspberry cordial). Anyway, could be tasty! If you haven't picked up the cocktail book "Shaken", you should check it out. Lots of good recipes in there too.
  • ToTheRight wrote: »
    I wonder what lunch Bond was enjoying at the Eiffel Tower before he begins pursuit of May Day?

No idea. Bond himself does not appear to be having soup, but Edward Biddulph does about as fine a job as anyone of identifying what his French contact might have been having:

https://jamesbondfood.com/2020/12/22/creme-vichyssoise/
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2021 Posts: 7,518
    136462545_408224787093865_8896349354288408617_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=-yPGgHdpQQMAX-2RdTj&_nc_ht=scontent.fcxh2-1.fna&oh=2457ccb910c133155dd6f8e228e1e405&oe=601E8F7D

Picked this up to celebrate and enjoy on the hypothetical release of NTTD. ;)

Behind this box are ingredients to the greatest cocktail, the Godfather, upon which I'm drunk at this very moment.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Congrats @NickTwentyTwo, it's a fine addition.

Now go to bed, you're borracho!
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited November 2021 Posts: 2,036
    Food stuff in NTTD
    - Bond eating when leaving the XXV bar and finding his car has been broken.
    - Bond cooks pancakes and apples for Mathilde
    - Safin eats sweets in Madeliene’s office
    - Q is cooking in his house
    - Q eating gummy worms whilst scrolling through Blofeld’s video footage
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    For some reason I loved that he got a snack on the way back from an evening out.

And do we know what Q was cooking? I think I heard Fukunaga or Tildesley talk about how they wanted even his cooking style to be technical. Almost scientific.
    There is some kind of Steamer basket situation, right?