No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Annoyed I didn't go to that now.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    UK likely to go into another nationwide lockdown. Theres no way Bond will be in Cinemas in under 3 months...
    UK lockdown now confirmed.
    Nomi has a scooter?
    Someone wrote: »
    Nomi has a scooter?

Must have borrowed it from Napoleon Solo.
  • Someone wrote: »
    Nomi has a scooter?

News to me, as well. Curious.
  • TR007 wrote: »

Yes. I hope it goes without saying that my first thought is the best of luck to all our members in the UK.

Second: surely this is the nail in the coffin of the current release date?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited January 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Nomi drives the scooter in Jamaica, as we saw in the very first Jamaica video, as she pays a visit to Bond at his beach house.

Seems like ages ago.
  • The day that NTTD was delayed back in March, I had scheduled a rewatch of the Craig Bond films starting the following weekend to fully get me in the mood for NTTD before I went to see it. One film every weekend over the month before its release. Obviously once it was delayed, I rescheduled my rewatch for October into November. Of course, I had to cancel it again when the film was delayed again in October.

Now, I'm just not going to reschedule my rewatch at all until I know for sure that the film is going to come out on schedule. I don't want to start rewatching the Craig Bond films, start to build anticipation and excitement for NTTD and then possibly have that anticipation and excitement destroyed because of another delay.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Nomi has a scooter?

Interesting, haven't seen this before yet. Could it mean she appears in Cuba with it?

We would all be happier if they just released this on streaming.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

I would be happier having seen the film but understand that for the health of Bond it is better that it is not released straight to streaming without a serious partnership to replace MGM.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    octofinger wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »

Yes. I hope it goes without saying that my first thought is the best of luck to all our members in the UK.

Second: surely this is the nail in the coffin of the current release date?

I second your thoughts on our friends in the UK.
    And yes...I agree on the release date.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    i6BPUwu.jpg
    lxQXoWy.jpg

They either have to announce the movie is delayed again, or start another marketing push if they play to go ahead in April.

The fact we haven't got any fresh marketing material yet is telling. They can't release Bond 25 just out of the blue during a pandemic.
    Unless someone buys MGM suddenly, the only option now is to wait until at least November, probably more like early 2022.

Nomi has a scooter?

Interesting, haven't seen this before yet. Could it mean she appears in Cuba with it?

See my previous post..
  • Bentley007 wrote: »

I would be happier having seen the film but understand that for the health of Bond it is better that it is not released straight to streaming without a serious partnership to replace MGM.

We agree on that. Selfishly, I'd love to watch it tonight. But from the looks of things the streaming model would be a massive loss of money for the franchise - and despite what some have said, you can't just "write off" 9-figure losses. People would really hurt over that kind of result, and EON and the fans would lose out in the long term.
  • I've just decided for myself that I'm not going to get my hopes up for a release before 2022. 2021 isn't looking great, even November, and the 60th anniversary must be a tempting tie-in.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'm not worrying too much about it, it's only a film and it'll come when it comes.
    Which isn't to say I'm insinuating that there's anything wrong with folks who want to see it more than I do: it's a thread about the film on a fansite, I totally get that.
    At this point I don’t even care anymore. I made peace with the notion of waiting indefinitely for seeing NTTD. Obviously I want to see it badly, but as a fan I also want NTTD to be successful commercially so, as I said last summer, if this mean waiting another year, I’ll wait. It’s their money, it’s their product, they know better than any of us.
    edited January 2021 Posts: 7,965
    They'll probably hold off until 2022 at this point, unless mission impossible moves its date. The 60th anniversary is too alluring, and remember the last time they celebrated an anniversary with a new film it was a smash hit.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 348
    Just remember that the 60th anniversary isn't until October 2022!
    Be careful what you wish for.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    matt_u wrote: »
    At this point I don’t even care anymore. I made peace with the notion of waiting indefinitely for seeing NTTD. Obviously I want to see it badly, but as a fan I also want NTTD to be successful commercially so, as I said last summer, if this mean waiting another year, I’ll wait. It’s their money, it’s their product, they know better than any of us.

Yes I certainly disagree with people who want to tell them what to do and say we 'deserve' the film and all that stuff: it's very easy to tell someone else what to do with their hundreds of millions of dollars!

As you say, let them do what they think works for them, I'll give them my twenty quid at some point in some way.
    mtm wrote: »

Yes I certainly disagree with people who want to tell them what to do and say we 'deserve' the film and all that stuff: it's very easy to tell someone else what to do with their hundreds of millions of dollars!

As you say, let them do what they think works for them, I'll give them my twenty quid at some point in some way.

Agreed.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Same here.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 2,436
    If M:I-7 keeps it's November slot would it be that much of a disaster if NTTD went up against it? Recent Bonds take more than the Mission Impossibles - a large number of the audience would go to both being similar types of films - surely a different proposition than releasing at the same time as say a Star Wars film.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 440
    If M:I-7 keeps it's November slot would it be that much of a disaster if NTTD went up against it? Recent Bonds take more than the Mission Impossibles - a large number of the audience would go to both being similar types of films - surely a different proposition than releasing at the same time as say a Star Wars film.

I think the argument against it is not that Bond won't be the winner, so much as it runs the risk of cannibalizing each other's very similar audiences in a very uncertain period for the market and thus, losing potential profits.

But even so, I agree with you that this is basically a non-issue as there's no reason why NTTD should necessarily move to November and likewise, no reason why MI:7 will stay there.

NTTD is a finished movie, after all, while MI:7 will still be filming until well into May and that's if it doesn't suffer any more production delays. It has a much greater chance of being moved to 2022 than NTTD does.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Are the schedules really so full that they can't be out at different times? Are they still making films at the same rate they were 18 months ago?
    Are the schedules really so full that they can't be out at different times? Are they still making films at the same rate they were 18 months ago?

Imo a mid/late October release for NTTD would work perfectly fine, in between Dune coming out October 1st and M:I7 November 19th, even tho Cruise has the best window for the US box office.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2021 Posts: 4,415
    Yesterday there showing some of standard footage from first trailer in a quize where the three people must give vijf ansers from what there see or known. First given and correct: James Bond, Uitgesteld (Delay) and Daniel Craig. The other two No Time To Die and 25 not be given. Billie Elish, 007, Shaken Not Stired, Astin Martin and Q be given. 1,9 million tv views this episode have and will be repeat.

Last episode of this season be on 13 or 20 January so be nice to see some promotion there.