R.I.P. A Final Farewell To Members Of The James Bond Family

Comments

If Tanya had been allowed to play Stacy similar to her more streetwise Julie Rogers character in 'Charlie's Angels' we could have had something special.

RIP Tanya, such a ridiculously and unfair young age to go.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Never expected her to be the next. She was great in AVTAK.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Oh no, that's really sad. Far too young to go. She made a likeable Stacey, and seemed to be very likeable in real life too.

RIP Tanya :(
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 1
    RIP Tanya Roberts.

(This Craig fansite cannot report on Tanya Robert's death without getting into "Moores age" - embarrassing.)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited January 2021 Posts: 17,727
    Sad and shocking news about the death of Tanya Roberts. I always liked her in AVTAK and she seemed like a nice person too. She invited me to a Zoom appearance on Twitter last year but I didn't get a chance to attend sadly.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    BobGoran wrote: »
    RIP Tanya Roberts.

(This Craig fansite cannot report on Tanya Robert's death without getting into "Moores age" - embarrassing.)

@BobGoran
    You're new here. This is your first post. And yet you feel the need to start with a ludicrous comment on this forum and its members. So if you have an actual point to make about this being a "Craig fansite", perhaps you can find the proper thread for that, after properly introducing yourself, which is what normal people do. You see, what's truly embarrassing is someone dropping by for the first time, only to give us all the finger. That spells 'troll', not 'fan'; 'troublemaker', not 'contributor'.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    RIP Tanya Robert's, great actress, always loved watching her in AVTAK.
    She had been ill in early dec too.......RIP :(
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    RIP Tanya, very sad news indeed.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Not my favourite Bond Girl, or Angel, but she was very attractive, striking eyes. Sounds like whatever the cause was, it was sudden.

RIP
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Shocked to learn of this, always enjoyed her role in AVTAK and as Midge in That '70s Show. RIP
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2021 Posts: 4,416
    Quite saddened and shocked to hear this. She had live video chats with her fans the past several months, if not longer. Wow.
    Always been a fan of Stacey Sutton. Tanya Roberts was amazing. RIP.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited January 2021 Posts: 4,247
    This one feels very odd. Because Bond stars are known to live long. A very beautiful Bond girl she was and as mentioned previously, she had gorgeous eyes. Rest her gentle soul.
    In the obituary on the main page, it says that the cause of death is not known, but "was not covid19 related". There is surely thousands of things her death wasn t related to, so why the need to mention this virus in a news piece that has nothing to do with it?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    In the obituary on the main page, it says that the cause of death is not known, but "was not covid19 related". There is surely thousands of things her death wasn t related to, so why the need to mention this virus in a news piece that has nothing to do with it?

Because that is automatically the immediate question many will ask whenever someone dies these days. They're just staying ahead of speculation.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Because that is automatically the immediate question many will ask whenever someone dies these days. They're just staying ahead of speculation.

Didn t cross my mind at all. I find it weird.
  • RIP Tanya Roberts
    Totally shocked to see the passing of the beautiful Tanya Roberts! Had the great fortune to meet her a number of years ago. She was so sweet and talkative, and i have a photo with her to cherish forever too.

RIP Tanya Roberts.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    While I'm not familiar with anything Tanya Roberts did outside of Bond, it's heartbreaking to loose someone this soon. My thoughts are with her family and friends. AVTAK was the first Bond movie I ever saw, so Tanya Roberts was the first main Bond girl. Feels strange having lost that.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Shocked to hear this at work today. 65 is no age at all. RIP Tanya Roberts.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Tanya's passing is very shocking. I've always loved AVTAK and really enjoyed her in That 70's Show. So sad. RIP, Tanya.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Very saddened to hear about Roberts. AVTAK was one of the first Bond films I saw outside of the Brosnan era as a kid, and she was always very striking in it. I also remember her as Midge on That 70s Show which I use to watch quite frequently. I remember an episode where her character gets married that features cameos of former Bond girls Maud Adams, Kristina Wayborn, and Barbara Carrera as her bridesmaids.

She indeed seemed quite lovely and remained very beautiful until her death. RIP
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,102
    Oh dear I have always had a soft spot for Tanya from AVTAK, Beastmaster, Sheena and watching reruns of her Charlies Angel's episodes (Season 5) 65 is not even old very sad news. R.I.P. Tanya, gorgeous lady.
    Tanya-Roberts-One-of-TVs-Charlies-Angels-dies.jpg
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Honestly couldn't believe it when I first read the news. She was still relatively young and had so much left to do. I never watched her live FB shows (kinda regret that now) but I just saw the most recent one from *2 weeks ago* and she was talking about her future plans and maybe getting back into TV, which only makes her sudden passing all the more tragic. From what I could tell she seemed to have always genuinely appreciated her fans though. She was also proud of her career, including AVTAK, and having known Sir Roger Moore who she said some kind words about after his passing.

For some reason her character in AVTAK is widely criticized amongst the community but I've always had a somewhat nostalgic soft spot for Stacey and the film. I think she did a solid job and I don't believe that I'll ever stop being vocal about that either.

RIP Tanya Roberts.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Far too young and very shocking. Admittedly I've never cared for AVTAK but she always seemed like a lovely person in real life. Rest in peace!
  • RIP Tanya. Will give AVTAK a watch in her memory!
    Sad to hear about Tanya Roberts.Outside of Bond, i have only seen her in Beastmaster.65 is far too young to pass away like that.RIP.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    This one really took me aback.
    65. That is no age at all.
    Tanya is a credit to Bond, she genuinely cherished being part of the family and really appreciated her fan’s support over the years.

RIP Tanya! I’m sure Roger will be waiting to greet you with a quiche Lorraine!