Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I Krig Med Bestefar! Walken og Seymour ser fantastisk ut! Det er en glede å se dem her.

Yeah, the trailer made me laugh. I think this is a must-see.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2020 Posts: 4,416
    If you ask me this can be option, release on a Thuesday so it can make a bit more money.

Wonder Woman 1984 06 April 2021 (Dutch release date is now: 20 January 2021)
    Soul: 06 April 2027 (Dutch release date was 25 December 2020, but cinema's are closed till 19 January 2021.)
    Death on the Nile 13 April 2021
    The King's Man 27 April 2021. 27 April = Kingsday in The Netherlands! (Dutch release month is now: March 2021)
    F9 25 May 2021 (American release date set for 28 May 2021.)
    Godzilla Vs Kong: 15 June 2021 (Now: May 2021)
    Minions: The Rise of Gru 29 June 2021 (Dutch release date is now: 30 June 2021)
    No Time To Die 20 July 2021 (Now: 02 April 2021)
    Jungle Cruise 04 August 2021 (Now: 28 July 2021)
    The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard 19 August 2021
    Ghostbusters: Afterlife 14 September 2021 (Now: March 2021)
    Top Gun 2 02 october 2021 (Now: July 2021)
    The 355 16 November 2021 (Now: January 2022)
    Dune 07 December 2021 (Now: September 2021)
    Mission Impossible 7 11 January 2022 or 19 April 2022 (Now: November 2021)
    Jurassic Park 6 21 June 2022 or 05 August 2022 (American release date is now 10 June 2022)
    Fantastic Beasts 3. 19 July 2022. (Expect release date is now 20 July 2022)

I think Dutch cinema's should closed a bit longer till 02 February 2021 and then show some litle movies and movie like Croods 2.
  • @Creasy47 @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @boldfinger @Thunderfinger

Kevin Costner is back in the first trailer for the revenge thriller Let Him Go:

6snl7uita6i51.jpg

Is this that Ma and Pa Kent spinoff everyone’s been waiting for?
  • Wong Kar-Wai to write & direct Chungking Express 2020, the sequel to his 1994 classic.

In ’90s Hong Kong, broken-hearted Policeman 223 encounters a blonde female assassin, and they spend a short time together overnight. Policeman 663, who also is getting over heartbreak, sees his life gradually changed by the intrusions of the ‘person of his dreams.’ In 2036, young Xiao Qian and May are unwilling to be held back by genetic partnerings, and insist on finding their own ‘destiny’.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/wong-kar-wai-chungking-express-2020-1234783279/

Wow... who knew there would ever be a sequel to Chungking Express? It's one of my favourite films of all time!

My reaction exactly! But as much as I like Chungking Express—it’s one of my favorite films from one of my favorite filmmakers—I always did find the ending slightly unsatisfying. It feels just a bit unfinished. Which makes sense as they filmed the whole thing on the fly, total renegade filmmaking over a month in Hong Kong. It’ll be interesting to see how well WKW is able to capture that same spirit and aesthetic after all this time, or whether he turns it into something new entirely. He hasn’t made a really great film (Grandmaster was alright) since 2046. Hopefully this is a remarkable return to form for him.

On a related note, for all you WKW fans, Criterion is putting out a box set of all his feature films from his golden period: As Tears Go By (1988) to 2046 (2004) including a newly extended version of The Hand. The one notable omission is 1994’s Ashes of Time. I can only imagine it’s tangled up in distribution rights, but that one’s available on region-free Blu-ray already. The rest of this set though? Surely one of the greatest Criterion releases of all time.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Heard about that film here and there but that trailer did nothing for me. Shoddy CGI and greenscreen work, lots of ridiculously implausible sequences and the monsters don't even look threatening; like bloated bats. Pass.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Heard about that film here and there but that trailer did nothing for me. Shoddy CGI and greenscreen work, lots of ridiculously implausible sequences and the monsters don't even look threatening; like bloated bats. Pass.

Gonna pass as well.
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 6,844
    Reads like Zack Snyder's "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet?"
    On HBO Max :

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't need a reminder of the pandemic, it's still ongoing, so I really hope this isn't a staple of films and shows for the next few years.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I don't need a reminder of the pandemic, it's still ongoing, so I really hope this isn't a staple of films and shows for the next few years.

Totally agree, I was just channel hopping and one of the main hospital drama's in the UK was all about Covid, I thought I am turning that **** off straight away.
    Dutch cinema's closed 3 weaks longer till 09 February 2021 insteed of 19 January 2021.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    BOSS LEVEL.

Mel Gibson, Naomi Watts, Michelle Yeoh all look great.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Liam Neeson Might Remake ‘The Naked Gun’ With Seth MacFarlane
    https://screencrush.com/liam-neeson-the-naked-gun-macfarlane/
    I hope this happens
    I hope this happens

Why not? Those Nielsen movies are gold. He too was an action hero back in the day, and turned into a comedy icon. Perhaps the same could happen to Neeson.
    I hope this happens

Why not? Those Nielsen movies are gold. He too was an action hero back in the day, and turned into a comedy icon. Perhaps the same could happen to Neeson.

My thoughts exactly, Neesen can do serious deadpan comedy easy.
    ---
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,105
    Full Trailer

God yeah :))
    Mechagodzilla at 0:04???
    :-O
    Will go and watch it if cinemas reopen someday. Which BTW I'm not optimistic about.
  • Liam Neeson Might Remake ‘The Naked Gun’ With Seth MacFarlane
    I hope this happens

Flash forward three months: Studio heads admit that yes, they selected Liam Neeson based purely on how closely his name resembled Leslie Nielsen's and have now developed cold feet after seeing the first rushes of a scowling, vengeance-minded Frank Drebin.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Full Trailer

Agreed. Speculation that Godzilla and Kong will ultimately team up to fight “???” is all over the internet. The big question is whether Mothra will be required to “mediate” a peace accord before they jointly take on a greater evil (i.e., her role with Godzilla and Rodan in 1964’s GTTHM). :))

All kidding aside, it’s interesting to compare how GvK and NTTD have been marketed. In the case of GvK the trailer and most of the marketing was held off until a firm release date was set, while for NTTD we’ve seen a series of “premature” promotional efforts. Of course, MGM has a lot more riding on NTTD than Warners has on GvK, so that could explain it.

I’ll think I watch Shin Godzilla tonight!

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Frank Drebin. Does have a unique set of skills. @Some_Kind_Of_Hero ;)
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Full Trailer

Agreed. Speculation that Godzilla and Kong will ultimately team up to fight “???” is all over the internet. The big question is whether Mothra will be required to “mediate” a peace accord before they jointly take on a greater evil (i.e., her role with Godzilla and Rodan in 1964’s GTTHM). :))

All kidding aside, it’s interesting to compare how GvK and NTTD have been marketed. In the case of GvK the trailer and most of the marketing was held off until a firm release date was set, while for NTTD we’ve seen a series of “premature” promotional efforts. Of course, MGM has a lot more riding on NTTD than Warners has on GvK, so that could explain it.

I’ll think I watch Shin Godzilla tonight!

Knowing WB they will go bigger than Godzilla: King of Monsters so we can expect a plethora of Kaiju's showing up, which is exactly want you want in these movies. It appears it will be a direct continuation to Godzilla: King of Monsters which I will re-watch soon.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Matrix 4 is rumored reported to be titled Matrix Resurrections
    Full Trailer

Looking forward to this!!!!! \m/ :-bd
    Matrix 4 is rumored reported to be titled Matrix Resurrections

Nice, makes sense.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Full Trailer

Looking forward to this!!!!! \m/ :-bd

Looks a whole lot of fun.
  • Matrix 4 is rumored reported to be titled Matrix Resurrections

At least they're keeping consistent with the titles! Though the last time the fourth of a series was tagged with "Resurrection" audiences didn't respond entirely favorably. ;)
    edited February 2021 Posts: 4,416
    Update Dutch cinema's and where you can buy movies closed til 02 March 2021. Another month from today. Earlier plan til 09 February 2021. Possible there wil be another delay confirmd on 23 February 2021.
    That one sounds charming :