The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

Here's another clue : Part of the link made an appearance in CR '67, of all places.
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    Interesting. Could have to do with Vladek Sheybal who was a friend of Connery and played his brother in a film. Or with Caroline Munro. I'll keep thinking.
    Nope, no actors involved, apart from the third movie.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Happened outside of Bond- so not to do with the content of the film? Something political?
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 5,772
    No, not political. Here's another clue : Lions, Harrison, Police and Dictator.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Something that happened in other, non-Bond, films? Props getting reused or something?
    Indeed, that's something that happened in other movies. Or rather for other movies.
    All right, I'll give you another clue : Awards.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Halle Berry got an Oscar, but it wasn't to do with actors I think you said, and I don't have a clue how that would connect to police or dictators. I don't know.
    You're close. Just remember that actors are not the only persons to receive awards.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The composers won awards? Makes sense for Lions but I'm not aware of Arnold winning much.

Is this something only these Bond films share and no others?
    Almost there.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The singers won Oscars or sang Oscar-winning songs?
    YES !!! Let's recap :

Matt Munro (FRWL) later sang the theme for Born Free :

As you know, not only did this song win the Academy Awards, but it was used in CR '67 (the scene with the lions).

Carly Simon (TSWLM) won the Oscar with "Let the River Run", the song for Working Girl (with Harrison Ford) :

And Madonna won twice with "Sooner or Later" (from Dick Tracy) :

And with "You Must Love Me" (from Evita) :

She's one of a handful of female singers who won twice, BTW (the others being Judy Garland, Doris Day, Barbra Streisand, Irene Cara, and Céline Dion ; Jennifer Warnes won three times).

And note that I specidified "outside of Bond", because if not, we would have to add SF (which deserved it) and SP (which didn't).

The field is yours now, MTM (and best wishes to Mimsy).
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That is not easy! :)
    I think Simon is the only one who actually won an Oscar, the others just sang songs which won Oscars.

Okay, my question is: which Bond film features the wife of a movie star who appeared in movies with three actors who played Bond in the films?
    It’s a kind of two part question :)
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    mtm wrote: »
    I think Simon is the only one who actually won an Oscar, the others just sang songs which won Oscars.

Okay, my question is: which Bond film features the wife of a movie star who appeared in movies with three actors who played Bond in the films?

Is it the actress who appeared in movies with three Bond actors or her husband?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited December 2020 Posts: 45,489
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »

With no comma after "movie star", it is clearly not the wife.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

It’s the husband :)
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,002

It’s the husband :)
    Then my guess is DAF’s Jill St. John, wife of Robert Wagner who played alongside Sean Connery in The Longest Day and also starred in The Pink Panther with David Niven and Peter Sellers.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's not the one I'm thinking of (I should probably have said official James Bond!) but that's certainly a good answer :)
    Interesting round! I guess we need another clue.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Gosh okay, well the movie star is a British one, and his wife appeared in the Bond film before they were married.

I would say think of movie stars who have starred with three Bonds! :)
    Thanks for the clue! But I think we need some information that helps us to do online research. Seems like no-one here can answer this from memory or thinking...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's hard because it's kind of all there... he's not an obscure actor! :) Just find a British movie star who has co-starred in three films with three separate Bond stars.

It's actually four films because he appeared in two films with one of the Bonds, although they only shared scenes in one of them.
    Maybe Julian Glover who appeared with Connery in 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade', with Moore in FYEO and with Dalton in 'Wuthering Heights'?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's a good one, although I don't think Eileen Atkins or Isla Blair have been in a Bond film, have they? Although Blair would have been great!

I'm thinking of an even bigger star.
    Maybe Christopher Lee who appeared with Moore in TMWTGG and Trottie True, with Brosnan in Death Train and with Craig in The Golden Compass?
    But again I've found no Bond appearance of his wife.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The guy I'm thinking of has never been in a Bond movie.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    OHMSS.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That’s the answer I’m after :) Anyone know why?