GoldenEye watch-along with Pierce Brosnan 19th April

Comments

• Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    mtm wrote: »
    Well here's a very interesting little tidbit I hadn't heard before; the juicy bit is at 12min 55 if it doesn't link to that:

Sneaky Pierce! :D

Great stuff. I'd seen this interview a few years ago but had forgot about that last part. Would have been interesting to see.
  • I'm watching this now finally. It is so good!! So great hearing the details and stories he remembers from shooting it. I would love to see a similar commentary on his next three films.
    What does Brozza reveal about the meeting with Tarantino?
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Getafix wrote: »
    What does Brozza reveal about the meeting with Tarantino?

Not much. That Tarantino was very motivated to do a Bondfilm with him and that they druck too much that night together at the bar of the Four Seasons. But it was interesting anyway, because I've never heard before that they met for real.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    The 13 Best Anecdotes And Moments From Pierce Brosnan's 'GoldenEye' Watchalong

https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/a32205182/best-anecdotes-moments-pierce-brosnan-goldeneye-watchalong/
    I like how he caps off the car story. "Ha! Life."

If it was my car, I still wouldn't be over it!
    MUCH better than the earlier notice Esquire posted, @Torgeirtrap.

Thanks I'll load that in the On This Day day thread for perpetuity.

How so, @RichardTheBruce? Was it badly written?
    It wasn't terrible, but it was too flip and short and I was just disappointed they led with photos that included the non-standard beard for a film role, also looking similar to the Indian breath-mint advertisement that turned into a fiasco.

While Brosnan looked so great on the stream they should have led with that, and Esquire should have been so much more appreciative of him making such a success of it all. Straight up, they should have been thanking him tremendously from themselves and for all of us.

Here it is.

https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/a32205810/pierce-brosnan-would-return-to-james-bond-as-a-villain/

Flip and short indeed! I imagine they wanted to spread the content from the live stream over a few articles.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    It was funny when he'd zoom into the camera and see if we were still there.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It was funny when he'd zoom into the camera and see if we were still there.

Desperately hoping the video is working 30 minutes in so he doesn't have to do it all over again. Love it.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited April 2020 Posts: 2,541
    A short recap
    @DaltonCraig007 The latest episode of the MI6 HQ podcast James Bond and friends is worth a listen to. They also confirmed that it wasn’t live.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    TR007 wrote: »
    @DaltonCraig007 The latest episode of the MI6 HQ podcast James Bond and friends is worth a listen to. They also confirmed that it wasn’t live.

Crazy that Esquire would lie about it. I'll have to have a listen.
    It was ‘as-Live’ so it’s not that big of a deal really.
  • KOPKOP

But are they really in a position to confirm anything? Where does their info come from?

Interesting, I've not seen Esquire promote the event as "as-live", only "live".

‘As Live’ is the industry standard term to describe the production. Traditionally you would just promote such programming as being ‘live’.

‘As Live’ is the industry standard term to describe the production. Traditionally you would just promote such programming as being ‘live’.

That's fair enough!

I don't know if everyone should just be okay with this though. Regardless of the industry's idea of "as-live" or "live", I believe a large percentage of the participants of Brosnan's GoldenEye event thought they were watching GoldenEye at the exact same time as Brosnan. This, for most people, was the selling point of the whole event. That was what Esquire led people to believe. If that wasn't the case, that's some seriously misleading bullshit from Esquire.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 512
    YES! YES! I haven't heard Famke Janssen that much about Bond. So I'm very excited for this!

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Oh that is fun, thanks for the link.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Agent_47 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Well here's a very interesting little tidbit I hadn't heard before; the juicy bit is at 12min 55 if it doesn't link to that:

Sneaky Pierce! :D

Great stuff. I'd seen this interview a few years ago but had forgot about that last part. Would have been interesting to see.

Wow that is interesting. I never knew that.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    JWPepper wrote: »
    YES! YES! I haven't heard Famke Janssen that much about Bond. So I'm very excited for this!

It goes live on the 29th.
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 6,682
    JWPepper wrote: »
    YES! YES!
    Haha! Very onatopp of you to say.

Looking forward to that event.
  • Campbell and Janssen together on one commentary? Curious combination, but I'm all for it! It's a good idea to have two or more people on these things. Brosnan was kind of left out in the wind with the Esquire one. Hopefully Campbell mentions he's game for one more...
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,341
    Campbell and Janssen together on one commentary? Curious combination, but I'm all for it! It's a good idea to have two or more people on these things. Brosnan was kind of left out in the wind with the Esquire one. Hopefully Campbell mentions he's game for one more...

It is a strange combo but she looks ready for it. Should have been brozza on it as well.

dc53c54a1b48320a38e93cab74012e14f53d8483.gif
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    GoldenEye Live Watch Along w/ Famke Janssen and Martin Campbell

The build up has started
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    3 minutes to go
    3 minutes to go

Nice music
    3 minutes to go

Nice music

They had a run down of all the films before the elevator music started lol
    Stream lagging hope they sort that before Martin and Famke appear
    edited December 2020 Posts: 23,104
    They are having a chat prior to the watchalong, Martin has no audio lol this has started well.
    Tech support needed.....
    Tech support needed.....

Q Branch needed