No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    I had that thought when I first saw the photo today. The figure honestly doesn't look that tall for being a man
    Maybe it could be the secret Blofeld talks about?

Look at the eyes

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited December 2020 Posts: 469
    this pic is probably the closest pic i can find to match the angle of the picture of our mystery heist agent, and through overlaying it, the eyebrow spacing, nose and eye spacing all match pretty well.

Lea-Seydoux.jpg

unknown.png

Also giving the footage from the trailer another scrub, it is very hard to see but it looks like the agent in the shot is not wearing any eye protection and we can see her eyes - her head is turned slightly to our right - meaning that we get to know that this is Lea, hence this IS Madeleine in the scene. Sorry, I may be wrong here - note on the picture her light is on the left side of her head and thus it would be impossible for her face to be in that position, rip

unknown.png?width=719&height=513

Contraband wrote: »
    I had that thought when I first saw the photo today. The figure honestly doesn't look that tall for being a man
    Maybe it could be the secret Blofeld talks about?

Look at the eyes

In fact it was the detail that caught my eye
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    I think those are a good photos.
  • Fascinating detective work there!

Now what would a psychiatrist like Ms. Swann be doing in a uniform like that?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    unknown.png?width=719&height=513
    A clearer photo of that last pic, from my magazine:

50524038991_92a925a3bb_o.png
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    What purpose do those green lights serve exactly?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wild theory: Someone suggested that this is Madeleine. If so, she's part of Safins gang breaking into the lab, kidnapping Valdo.

Look at the eyes and height, is that Lea? It does look like a female

CeYRV20.jpg

I had the exact same thought as soon as I saw that image. It could be.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Must have something to do with the darkness. The green light makes it easier to operate/"see" I think.

Found it on some weapon site:

- Virtually indestructible LED regulated to maximize output and runtime.
    -Precision TIR lens creates a smooth, tight beam with enough surround light for peripheral illumination.
    -Integral, ergonomic one-finger ambidextrous momentary and constant on switching.
    -Instantly attaches to both Universal and Picatinny accessory rails.
    -Accepts optional pressure-activated switches for precision control without altering grip.
    -Max Output: Green Light 400 lumens
    -Construction: High strength aluminum with Mil-Spec anodizing
    -Weight: 80g
    -Gross Weight: 190g
    -Over Length: 90mm
    -Color: Black/Dark Earth
    -Rail Type: 20mm Weaver rail
    -Operate by two 3V CR123A battery(not included)

Must have something to do with the darkness. The green light makes it easier to operate/"see" I think.

Found it on some weapon site:

- Virtually indestructible LED regulated to maximize output and runtime.
    -Precision TIR lens creates a smooth, tight beam with enough surround light for peripheral illumination.
    -Integral, ergonomic one-finger ambidextrous momentary and constant on switching.
    -Instantly attaches to both Universal and Picatinny accessory rails.
    -Accepts optional pressure-activated switches for precision control without altering grip.
    -Max Output: Green Light 400 lumens
    -Construction: High strength aluminum with Mil-Spec anodizing
    -Weight: 80g
    -Gross Weight: 190g
    -Over Length: 90mm
    -Color: Black/Dark Earth
    -Rail Type: 20mm Weaver rail
    -Operate by two 3V CR123A battery(not included)

Wow! Cool! Thanks, Contraband.
    It's her IMHO. Her eyes are very distinctive. As for a cameo, considering she's in the movie already, the additional hassle re time, insurance, costume etc, why would they bother?

It is rather baffling
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2020 Posts: 5,834
    Could it be Eliot Sumner as opposed to Seydoux?

Thinking logically, I can't think of any reason why Seydoux would be with Primo, baring in mind he's trying to kill her in Matera...

e8qzbff.jpeg
    edited December 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Could it be Eliot Sumner as opposed to Seydoux?

Thinking logically, I can't think of any reason why Seydoux would be with Primo, baring in mind he's trying to kill her in Matera.

@Denbigh Aah, damn, Totally forgot about Sumner. Of course, that must be her?! Height: 5' 8" (1.73 m). Plus we know she's part of the baddies.

Bingo on that one

Good call
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited December 2020 Posts: 8,009

As noted above - using green light maximises the efficiency of the night vision equipment they're wearing; the illumination translates better when combined with the phosphorous tubes in the equipment, which also famously produce a green image.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Wild theory: Someone suggested that this is Madeleine. If so, she's part of Safins gang breaking into the lab, kidnapping Valdo.

Look at the eyes and height, is that Lea? It does look like a female

CeYRV20.jpg

I had the exact same thought as soon as I saw that image. It could be.

Some are suggesting this would prove a "cloning" theory. I say not so fast. As I suggested when Madeliene was dressed the way she ]was at Safin's lair, there may be some other deeper, more sinister connection between Safin and Madeliene. At least, I would find that angle wildly satisfying: he saved her life and she has some twisted affection for him.
    Am I the only one secretly hoping the movie doesn’t involve cloning (at least of human beings)? Way too sci-fi for a Craig Bond film.

On the other hand, the cloning of viruses and genetically altered bacteria I can absolutely get behind. But human beings? Not so much.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Am I the only one secretly hoping the movie doesn’t involve cloning (at least of human beings)? Way too sci-fi for a Craig Bond film.

On the other hand, the cloning of viruses and genetically altered bacteria I can absolutely get behind. But human beings? Not so much.

Me too, not really excited about cloning part.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Doesn't set my world on fire, either.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yes, I hope that's not the case and there's something else going on (or it's not here but merely looks like her). Cloning would be way too much for me, especially in the grounded, bruised Craig era.
    Can we please get a taste of the soundtrack for God’s sake?!
    Regarding our Lea-debate. It could be stunt woman Haruka Ohshima. And she's also one of Ana's stunt doubles in the Havana scenes.

https://heightzone.com/haruka-ohshima/
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    I think they should left the cloning for the next Bond actor.
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 565

Me too, not really excited about cloning part.

Add me to the list. Honestly, I don't see how cloning people can pose a worthy threat to society. Morals aside, is the threat to the world really that someone took the 20+ years to not only create, but raise a bunch brainwashed people with the same genetic makeup? There are already enough villains out there, why bother with the hassle of raising kids?

On a side note, I once met a person who genuinely thought that when you clone someone that their spirit (memories, personality, etc) transfers from one being to the next. 🙄
    The cloning of viruses & lethal bacteria to create biological weapons seems much more grounded in reality. I sure hope this is the angle they went with.
    The cloning of viruses & lethal bacteria to create biological weapons seems much more grounded in reality. I sure hope this is the angle they went with.

Same here, but there's one scene I do not understand yet. Bond in Safin's lab and those three or four watertanks in the background with something living inside. Either people or animals. Could be animals used for testing..
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    I think NTTD will be better than it's predessor.

Same here, but there's one scene I do not understand yet. Bond in Safin's lab and those three or four watertanks in the background with something living inside. Either people or animals. Could be animals used for testing..

Isn’t it possible though those tanks are being used to genetically modify the virus/bacteria? Those tanks may be the key to making the bio weapon grow.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 12,916
    And maybe even give appreciation for it.

I'm surprised and taken with Cary Fukunaga and his chosen path. Very very good for the franchise and Bond cinema history we're living through.