Tech Talk NEW: Starship SN10 Flight Recap in 4K, Dolby Atmos car, Auto HDR on pc's

007InAction007InAction Australia
edited March 2021 in General Discussion Posts: 2,341
Chat about all the current, new technology hardware and software you have or will get that makes your life better.
From programs for your pc, gaming machines,tv's,security,phones,3d,vr ,robots etc

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited November 2020 Posts: 2,341
    I've got a intel i7 2600 cpu @3.40 ghz , 8 gb ram, geforce gt950 which is a pretty old system but runs all the latest games well.

Anyone have or going to get 4k gaming ?

I'm using Avast Cleanup Premium for my pc and it's the best program i've used to speed up boot up and performance by cleaning all the programs that are not needed.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2020 Posts: 23,105
    I have 4K gaming on my Xbox One X, never been a PC gamer always Consoles. My PC has a 8gb ram needs upgrading its served me well and in healthy condition I have 1.5 terra bite hard drive, I use my PC mainly for Music and Graphic design work (Hobby) so no real rush to upgrade. I have two curved 24inch 1080p monitors stacked so good screen realistate for when I am browsing and doing creative stuff.
    I have 4K gaming on my Xbox One X, never been a PC gamer always Consoles. My PC has a 8gb ram needs upgrading its served me well and in healthy condition I have 1.5 terra bite hard drive, I use my PC mainly for Music and Graphic design work (Hobby) so no real rush to upgrade. I have two curved 24inch 1080p monitors stacked so good screen realistate for when I am browsing and doing creative stuff.

I've never owned a console always used my win 10 pc for gaming over the years.
    Upgraded to 8 gb ram just for better gaming ,gta v, f1 2018 and now playing a bit of Red.Dead Redemption 2

What 4k games do you play and is it worth upgrading ?

Samsung 46 led tv at the moment and would love to have a 65.
    This samsung runs cool and has been reliable for years unlike my previous samsung lcd which ran hot and starts up with 2 lines on screen which go away when it warms up.

What's the best tv brand for picture quality and reliable or are they too similar all to bother ?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2020 Posts: 23,105

I've never owned a console always used my pc for gaming over the years.

This samsung runs cool and has been reliable for years unlike my previous samsung lcd which ran hot and starts up with 2 lines on screen which go away when it warms up.

What's the best tv brand for picture quality and reliable or are they too similar to bother ?

I have roughly a hundred games on my Xbox One X though rarely use it these days, the 4K games are good stuff like Fifa, Forza, Forza Horizan games, Doom, Halo, Gears of War, Star Wars Battle Front 1 and 2 and Tomb Raider etc.

The new The Xbox Series X console I have considered buying though can't really justify it at present.

I have a 50 inch LG 4K HDR TV.

Not looked at new TV's recently not sure what are the current best.

What's the best tv brand for picture quality and reliable or are they too similar to bother ?

I have roughly a hundred games on my Xbox One X though rarely use it these days, the 4K games are good stuff like Fifa, Forza, Forza Horizan games, Doom, Halo, Gears of War, Star Wars Battle Front 1 and 2 and Tomb Raider etc.

The new The Xbox Series X console I have considered buying though can't really justify it at present.

100 games is a lot. Have you thought about selling the games you don't play on ebay ?

I use my pc for many hours from ebay buying and selling high priced items, a lot of share trading and then in the evening-morning watch the football games on it as well so hopefully it doesn't break down.
    I should get another one as a backup.

That's why i don't have a smartphone because i do a lot on my pc.

I've got a $10 mobile........ :))

100 games is a lot.

I use my pc for many hours from ebay buying and selling , a lot of share trading and then in the evening-morning watch the football games on it as well so hopefully it doesn't break down. I should get another one as a backup.

Always wise to have a external back up hard drive, I back up everything daily just in case. I regularly check the health of my PC so I can see any warning signs of potential issues also.

I have a habit of buying games and playing some only once then forget about them, to be fair I have stopped doing that. I have 3 terra bite hard drives(s) for my Xbox and I have got rid of a lot of games also lol

100 games is a lot.

I use my pc for many hours from ebay buying and selling , a lot of share trading and then in the evening-morning watch the football games on it as well so hopefully it doesn't break down. I should get another one as a backup.

Always wise to have a external back up hard drive, I back up everything daily just in case. I regularly check the health of my PC so I can see any warning signs of potential issues also.

I have a habit of buying games and playing some only once then forget about them, to be fair I have stopped doing that. I have 3 terra bite hard drives(s) for my Xbox and I have got rid of a lot of games also lol

I've got 3 1 tb hard drives on my pc so i back up if one stuffs up.

You should sell your games on ebay ?

100 games is a lot.

I've got 3 hard drives on my pc so i back up if one stuffs up.

That's good, every six months I go through the majority of files and try to order them properly and delete anything I don't need, I try too have a good amount of storage space free so my PC runs well.

100 games is a lot.

That's good, every six months I go through the majority of files and try to order them properly and delete anything I don't need, I try too have a good amount of storage space free so my PC runs well.

Have you got any super apps on your pc.
    Avast Cleanup Premium i use because my pc used to take ages to bootup but this cleans all the rubbish files etc much better than some other programs i used in the past.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @jake24 opened a thread exactly like this a while ago.

100 games is a lot.

Have you got any super apps on your pc.
    Avast Cleanup Premium i use because my pc used to take ages to bootup but this cleans all the rubbish files etc much better than some other programs i used in the past.

I use Norton 360 which has the full works including a Vpn.
    Samsung announces The Premiere, a luxury ultra-short throw 4K laser projector
    _Image__The_Premiere__1_.0.jpg

Anyone going to buy one ?
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,341

Thunderfinger you've just resuscitated Tech Talk...... :)>-

I'm getting one of those, it's just what i desire...... that and 4k :))
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Is Tech Talk related to TikTok? :-/
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Is Tech Talk related to TikTok? :-/

They are cousins......... :))
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Scary stuff, Thundy. We have a robovac called Consuela. I suspected her from the very start.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote: »
    Scary stuff, Thundy. We have a robovac called Consuela. I suspected her from the very start.

Have you caught her snooping outside your bedroom door, pretending to vacuum?
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,341

Does Consuela suck well ? ;))
    Not at all, just outside the bathroom. But it is weird to hear the vacuum knock against the door while it's doing its run. When it gets stuck somewhere or can't find its way back to the wall charger, you tend to pick it up and guide it, and you get a sense of satisfaction that you've helped it. It's in your nature to automatically care for it. Surreal.
    Does Consuela suck well ? ;))
    SafeGloriousIslandcanary-max-1mb.gif

Being harassed like that must really suck.
    Huh?

Sorry one more for the road.....
    Does Consuela swallow up the dust.......... ;))
    Sorry one more for the road.....
    Does Consuela swallow up the dust.......... ;))
    178.gif
    I already have 8 Echo speakers so I am under constant surveillance.
    Huh?

My comedy does not exist in a vacuum.
    Anyone play the buggy Cyberpunk 2077 ?

Sony Corp. has removed CD Projekt SA’s Cyberpunk 2077 from its PlayStation Store and is offering full refunds, taking unusual steps to appease customers furious about bugs plaguing one of the year’s most highly anticipated gaming blockbusters.

The radical move came after the console version of Cyberpunk 2077 debuted Dec. 10, following several delays, to reviews calling out problems and an online outcry from players frustrated with its poor performance. Warsaw-based developer CD Projekt -- best known for 2015’s The Witcher 3, part of a franchise that was turned into a successful Netflix Inc. series -- has offered refunds to any disappointed players, but Sony is going a step further by entirely removing the game from its store. Cyberpunk features Hollywood star Keanu Reeves as an in-game character and has used the actor as its most visible ambassador in the build up to its release.
    Huh?

Ha ha! I get it now!
    Huh?

Ha ha! I get it now!

You're putting me on!
    Huh?

Ha ha! I get it now!

Did you charge up Consuela last night ? :)>-