No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Oh la la.. Léa Seydoux as Marilyn Monroe for Vogue Paris, December 2020/January 2021 Issue

jU1LjtB.jpg
    fk2MT8a.jpg
    8sq6q0q.jpg
    2j1m97v.jpg
    iCpiWcB.jpg
    e8M5Yaw.jpg
    m01OnMU.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2020 Posts: 4,548
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Nolan's a bit of a whingebag. Nobody is particular happy about this situation - save for the odd few who don't enjoy going to the cinema anymore anyway.

Some forward-thinking directors are embracing what streaming has to offer.

What does it has to offer besides their paycheck?
    I bet every director would love to see his work on the silver screen.

I'm not sure. I think some directors see Netflix (and maybe Amazon) as proving a lot more creative control, because unlike studios, they aren't necessarily concerned with "box office numbers."

For sure, our big-budget blockbusters are better on the silver screen. Avengers films. Bond. Villeneuve's Dune. We know that. But everything else? I'm not losing a thing by seeing The Peanut Butter Falcon and Mank on my TV.

And voila, just like that, Lea has taken over the thread. LOL
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Nolan's a bit of a whingebag. Nobody is particular happy about this situation - save for the odd few who don't enjoy going to the cinema anymore anyway.

Some forward-thinking directors are embracing what streaming has to offer.

No they're not, they are just trying to survive. Believe me, I'm in the film business, and I know the reality first hand - and no director or writer or producer, worth their salt, want to see their "blood, sweat and tears" hard work dumped and devalued on streaming.

See above comment. I think we're talking about different things. One is the film MEANT for cinemas being "dumped" on streaming; the other is the director who knows he or she has control because it is going to streaming.

Either way, cinemas are pretty much done.

https://collider.com/david-fincher-netflix-deal-new-movies-tv-shows/
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    That is both NTTD girls as Marilyn now.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    QBranch wrote: »
    That is both NTTD girls as Marilyn now.

There are three in NTTD.
    I mean Bond girls. I don't count Nomi as such.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    I think i bet November 2021 release day.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Well she is..?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I believe they made that clear that she's a "Bond - strong independent smart cool badass - woman" :P
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2020 Posts: 14,861
    matt_u wrote: »
    I believe they made that clear that she's a "Bond - strong independent smart cool badass - woman" :P

Just like the other two, yes.

I guess she doesn't get her bum out in photoshoots as often though.
    mtm wrote: »
    Well she is..?
    The term gets thrown around too loosely. From what we know of Nomi, she is as much of a Bond girl as Moneypenny or M.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well she is..?
    The term gets thrown around too loosely. From what we know of Nomi, she is as much of a Bond girl as Moneypenny or M.

Or Camille in Quantum.
    Or De Amas in this one, in fact. She's a fellow agent too, just like Nomi.

So on your tight definition there's only one Bond woman in NTTD, not two.
    There has to be a romantic or sexual connection between Bond and the woman for me to count her as a 'Bond girl'. I think we will see this with Paloma, that's why I'm counting her. I don't count Moneypenny in SF, because she's Moneypenny. Some count M in SF; I don't.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    There has to be a romantic or sexual connection between Bond and the woman for me to count her as a 'Bond girl'. I think we will see this with Paloma, that's why I'm counting her.

I haven't seen any sign of that in the trailers, so she's not a Bond woman. Camille wasn't either.
    Nomi on the other hand we've seen in Bond's bedroom.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    There has to be a romantic or sexual connection between Bond and the woman for me to count her as a 'Bond girl'. I think we will see this with Paloma, that's why I'm counting her.

I haven't seen any sign of that in the trailers, so she's not a Bond woman. Camille wasn't either.
    Nomi on the other hand we've seen in Bond's bedroom.

I admire how long you stick at these fights, @mtm :)) I agree with you nearly always btw.

There are three women in the next Bond film. There’s a reason (a good one) why Craig (allegedly) didn’t want the term “Bond girl” being thrown around on set.

If your referring to “women being treated as sexual objects”, hopefully there are zero. If a “Bond girl” is, by someone’s definition as a woman who has sexual tension/chemistry with Bond, then I’d say Nomi fits the bill and Paloma does not (based on the trailers, and what @mtm said). I think a large part of the Bond fandom *wants* Paloma to be one of these “Bond girls” because they fit their idea of what an attractive woman looks like, and it seems, very unfortunately, Lashana does not.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    If your referring to “women being treated as sexual objects”, hopefully there are zero.

I must say I slightly lose respect for Seydoux every time she does another photoshoot in skimpy outfits (or as we see this time, no outfit at all)- she does seem to use herself as a sex object quite a lot. That's her choice and everything, but it always strikes me how much cooler Lynch seems to be in hers.
    I think a large part of the Bond fandom *wants* Paloma to be one of these “Bond girls” because they fit their idea of what an attractive woman looks like, and it seems, very unfortunately, Lashana does not.

Yeah it does feel a bit that way.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Oooh Camille is a Bond Girl. But that's dropping the traditional goes to bed with Bond criterion.

Paloma, I'm expecting Bond Girl.

So far the way Nomi is presented, she's as much a Bond Girl as Felix. That's how I see it. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing her do the Marilyn Monroe photo shoot.
    If your referring to “women being treated as sexual objects”, hopefully there are zero.

I must say I slightly lose respect for Seydoux every time she does another photoshoot in skimpy outfits (or as we see this time, no outfit at all)- she does seem to use herself as a sex object quite a lot. That's her choice and everything, but it always strikes me how much cooler Lynch seems to be in hers.
    I think a large part of the Bond fandom *wants* Paloma to be one of these “Bond girls” because they fit their idea of what an attractive woman looks like, and it seems, very unfortunately, Lashana does not.

Her choice, certainly, to an extent, but she also exists in a context (clearly as shown in these forums) that she'll have a higher value in her career/in life the more she is able and willing to do photoshoots like that.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 7,518
    Oooh Camille is a Bond Girl. But that's dropping the traditional goes to bed with Bond criterion.

Paloma, I'm expecting Bond Girl.

So far the way Nomi is presented, she's as much a Bond Girl as Felix. That's how I see it. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing her do the Marilyn Monroe photo shoot.

So it comes down to how attractive you view the women? What they look like?

Camille doesn't go to bed with Bond, but there is sexual tension between them. The same could be said for Nomi, based on the trailers we've seen. They're both capable with weapons and combat and both ostensibly assist Bond in this capacity. So why is Camille a "Bond Girl", but Nomi is not? Why the comparison of Nomi to a man?

I love Bond, but the fundamentalism in this community drives me away at times.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I don't think there is any sexual tension between Bond and Camille is there? They're pretty uptight and both grieving; I can't even think of a flirting moment.
    I don't think there is any sexual tension between Bond and Camille is there? They're pretty uptight and both grieving; I can't even think of a flirting moment.

I think there is at times.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Colour me shocked, but James Bond Nederland did some digging, and Nomi might not be 007?

https://jamesbond.nl/is-nomi-echt-007/

SPOILERS within the article. Or is EON playing a double-bluff here?
  • belleswannbelleswann britain

I think it's a really tasteful picture and she looks beautiful. It is her choice and I don't think she should be judged for it, nudity isn't anything to be ashamed of and she shouldn't be less respected for it.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Yeah, to be honest I don't really understand how someone showing off their sexuality makes them less deserving of respect. Séydoux has always struck me as a fairly open-minded and extremely confident individual in her interviews and I think her accompanying photoshoots are evidence of that. She's also done plenty of 'reserved' (for lack of a better word, though I am sure there is one) shoots, which she looks equally good in.

Lynch's photoshoots are cool, too! She always has wonderful outfits. Though I also wonder if her shoots are simply more reflective of her personality.

Both are welcome.

Alas, this is a tangent.
    With regard to the Netherlands Bond article, of which but a small -- though crucial -- portion is in English, does anyone else recall Dr. Evil in Goldmember upon reading it ?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    belleswann wrote: »

I think it's a really tasteful picture and she looks beautiful. It is her choice and I don't think she should be judged for it, nudity isn't anything to be ashamed of and she shouldn't be less respected for it.

I just think it's a bit of a shame she seems to feel she has to resort to reveal her figure and trying to titilate all the time. It's fine if she wants to do that, but equally it's my choice who I respect, not anyone else's.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 7,518

I just think it's a bit of a shame she seems to feel she has to resort to reveal her figure and trying to titilate all the time. It's fine if she wants to do that, but equally it's my choice who I respect, not anyone else's.

I still say it isn’t wholly on the person doing it, however, but partly (if not mostly) on the culture that still requires people to do it to be valued (even if not overtly). It’s a complex issue for sure.
    Yeah, to be honest I don't really understand how someone showing off their sexuality makes them less deserving of respect. Séydoux has always struck me as a fairly open-minded and extremely confident individual in her interviews and I think her accompanying photoshoots are evidence of that. She's also done plenty of 'reserved' (for lack of a better word, though I am sure there is one) shoots, which she looks equally good in.

Lynch's photoshoots are cool, too! She always has wonderful outfits. Though I also wonder if her shoots are simply more reflective of her personality.

Both are welcome.

Alas, this is a tangent.

Agreed 100%

I still say it isn’t wholly on the person doing it, however, but partly (if not mostly) on the culture that still requires people to do it to be valued (even if not overtly). It’s a complex issue for sure.

Both are welcome.

Alas, this is a tangent.

Agreed 100%

Agree,as well.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yes, and I think culture-wise France is quite a different place on the whole women-are-sex-objects thing. I don't think objectifying women (and over the last year I don't recall seeing a single non-sexualised shoot she's done reported here) is something to respect.
    I'd like Bond to move a bit further beyond it, although it has made progress.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2020 Posts: 5,834
    I don't think it's a case of "have to", as @CraigMooreOHMSS stated, she's obviously an open-minded and extremely confident individual.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2020 Posts: 40,372
    Colour me shocked, but James Bond Nederland did some digging, and Nomi might not be 007?

https://jamesbond.nl/is-nomi-echt-007/

SPOILERS within the article. Or is EON playing a double-bluff here?

I'm either misreading things or missing something big in the non-English parts of the article, but it sounds to me like she's transferred to being 003 once Bond returns. Maybe I'm wrong.