NTTD & Corona

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    TripAces wrote: »
    Well, folks. I have it. Tested positive today! Feeling OK. Just headaches, sore throat, general fatigue...kinda like Bond felt after being poisoned by LeChiffre. But in all seriousness, I am thankful my symptoms are mild. Be well out there.

As coincidence would have it, I have finally come out the other side of my Covid experience. It took a bit longer than had hoped but finally a re-test came back negative. I'm mainly just happy that I can now start planning a return to work.

I wish you well on your recovery, @TripAces. Get the feet up and rest. The films you love will never love you back more than they do now!
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Well, folks. I have it. Tested positive today! Feeling OK. Just headaches, sore throat, general fatigue...kinda like Bond felt after being poisoned by LeChiffre. But in all seriousness, I am thankful my symptoms are mild. Be well out there.

I wish you a quick return to heath @TripAces. I’ve been lucky so far – especially since I’m in the “elevated” risk group.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Wish you a quick recovery @TripAces . Take care man and drink lots of fluid just no to martini.

Best wishes on a speedy, full recovery. My friend just passed away two days ago from it. He was high risk. It seems you never know, though. My uncle, who was also high risk, is doing fine now.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    JET007 wrote: »

Best wishes on a speedy, full recovery. My friend just passed away two days ago from it. He was high risk. It seems you never know, though. My uncle, who was also high risk, is doing fine now.

Thanks everyone. I am doing fine. At this point, the worst is behind me: I just have a cough and some fatigue.

JET007 wrote: »

Thanks everyone. I am doing fine. At this point, the worst is behind me: I just have a cough and some fatigue.

Good to hear you beat it TripAces.
    Interesting take from the New York Times: Hollywood’s Obituary, the Sequel. Now Streaming: In the 110-year history of the American film industry, never has so much upheaval arrived so quickly and on so many fronts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/28/business/media/hollywood-coronavirus-streaming.html

Even assuming a post vaccine bump in movie attendance, the article raises the issue of what happens (in 2022) after the studios have worked through their backlog of tentpole movies. Will the movie going habits of people – especially younger people – be so altered that they don’t return to regular movie going?
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 199
    We'll be living with Covid for years to come. Even with the vaccine (which we'll have to have twice a year), so movie companies will have to adapt to this new reality.
    This is what Disney and Warner Bros have done.
    If EON think they're going to release NTTD in April and make a billion dollars from a normal theatrical release...they're living in cloud cuckoo land.
    The longer they deny this reality, the more money the company is going to lose.
    SonofSean wrote: »
    We'll be living with Covid for years to come. Even with the vaccine (which we'll have to have twice a year), so movie companies will have to adapt to this new reality.
    This is what Disney and Warner Bros have done.
    If EON think they're going to release NTTD in April and make a billion dollars from a normal theatrical release...they're living in cloud cuckoo land.
    The longer they deny this reality, the more money the company is going to lose.

They are hardly living in '' cloud cuckoo land ''.They are proceeding how the global situation unfolds just like everyone else.Even the director of the movie implied in a recent interview the high possibility that they move release dates again.
    Seems to me like NTTD is going to be the New Mutants of the Bond series.
    We'll be living with Covid for years to come.
    Even if covid will still be here years from now, that doesn't mean the situation will necessarily be as bad as it was this year. In developed countries the worst will likely be over by April, a month by which the most vulnerable will have been vaccinated.
    Mr_Beach wrote: »
    We'll be living with Covid for years to come.
    Even if covid will still be here years from now, that doesn't mean the situation will necessarily be as bad as it was this year. In developed countries the worst will likely be over by April, a month by which the most vulnerable will have been vaccinated.

This is true.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Gerard wrote: »
    Seems to me like NTTD is going to be the New Mutants of the Bond series.

This isn’t fair.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Daniel Craig at the No time to die premiere ????? :))

aEPE6DM_460s.jpg
    And here is Billie Eilish the day before NTTD's opening!:))

4C6774A700000578-5812727-When_asked_if_she_feels_particularly_like_a_celebrity_Ms_Sweethe-a-309_1528302677336.jpg
    :))
    =))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2020 Posts: 23,105
    Dwayne wrote: »
    And here is Billie Eilish the day before NTTD's opening!:))

4C6774A700000578-5812727-When_asked_if_she_feels_particularly_like_a_celebrity_Ms_Sweethe-a-309_1528302677336.jpg
    :))
    :)) I can't believe Billie is still going with that look in 2060.

Ten other new Bond films will probably be released before NTTD is.
    Those pics are funny shit! Thanks for that guys! :))
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 3,160

aEPE6DM_460s.jpg

BC1Fbnb.jpg
    Joke aside, MI7 and MI8 probably will.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Zekidk wrote: »

aEPE6DM_460s.jpg

BC1Fbnb.jpg

On Paramount+ app perhaps?
  • Zekidk wrote: »

aEPE6DM_460s.jpg

BC1Fbnb.jpg

On Paramount+ app perhaps?

I'm not sure about M:I-8, but it certainly would not surprise me to see M:I-7 arrive first.
    We’ll see.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,341
    Filmmaker Christopher Nolan calls HBO Max the ‘worst streaming service’ and that ‘their decision makes no economic sense’ after WarnerMedia announced that it would send 17 of its films directly to the streaming service in 2021.

“Some of the biggest filmmakers and most important stars went to bed thinking they were working for a studio and woke to find out they’re working for the worst streaming service. WB had an incredible machine for [releasing movies] and they are dismantling it.” - Christopher Nolan
    Does he know there’s a pandemic going on?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2020 Posts: 40,372
    Filmmaker Christopher Nolan calls HBO Max the ‘worst streaming service’ and that ‘their decision makes no economic sense’ after WarnerMedia announced that it would send 17 of its films directly to the streaming service in 2021.

“Some of the biggest filmmakers and most important stars went to bed thinking they were working for a studio and woke to find out they’re working for the worst streaming service. WB had an incredible machine for [releasing movies] and they are dismantling it.” - Christopher Nolan

Love how he called them a "fledgling" streaming service. I know he was discussing HBO Max, which I suppose is technically new, but HBO have known what they're doing for a long, long time now. Nolan should stop being a baby.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Love how he called them a "fledgling" streaming service. I know he was discussing HBO Max, which I suppose is technically new, but HBO have known what they're doing for a long, long time now. Nolan should stop being a baby.

He's not a baby.
    Warner will lose money on EVERY of the 17 films, if they release them that way.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

He's not a baby.
    Warner will lose money on EVERY of the 17 films, if they release them that way.

He's a grown man flinging false insults at a company because he doesn't like that they're adapting to the unprecedented times and trying something different. Better to shake things up and experiment with a hybrid model instead of continuing to shelve these films for a day when everything is back to normal, as normal as they can be, which is very unpredictable.
    Im a huge Nolan fan but i have to say hes beginning to sound like hes not living in the same reality as the rest of us.First,his stubborn refusal to admit that there were problems with Tenets audio mix and now his latest comments.

Its especially ungrateful considering WB have supported his unique ( But risky ) brand of filmaking with huge budgets and they are the ones who released his latest film in the middle of a pandemic.Get with the times Chris,the world is changing.
  • 2021 Mainstream Film Release Schedule (as of 12/12/20):

JANUARY 22: Chaos Walking
    FEBRUARY 29: Antlers
    MARCH 12: The King’s Man
    MARCH 12: Raya and the Last Dragon
    MARCH 18 (AUSTRALIA): Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway
    MARCH 19: Morbius
    APRIL 2: No Time to Die
    APRIL 23: A Quiet Place Part II
    MAY 7: Black Widow
    MAY 21: Godzilla vs. Kong
    MAY 28: Cruella