No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Who came up with the step-brother angle ?
    It was Mendes I believe

No someone on forum said it was Michael G Wilson.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It was Mendes I believe
    I didn't see that and I've heard different.
  • StarkStark France
    It was Mendes I believe

The decision was approved by the producers, scriptwriters and Mendes so they are all responsible, no matter who came up with the idea first.
  • I heard it was Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly.
    Boats and hos !!! Come to think of it, that's a very brief summary of many a manly action film.
    Stark wrote: »
    It was Mendes I believe

The decision was approved by the producers, scriptwriters and Mendes so they are all responsible, no matter who came up with the idea first.

Yeah i know, the person above asked who's idea it was? I believe it was Wilson's. Nonetheless, it was a terrible idea and how it got approved is beyond my imagination.
    The single worst idea in the history of the entire series. Actually made me walk away from being a Bond fan for a while. Fortunately, NTTD has sparked my interest again.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited December 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Video with Daniel Craig - Signed copy of the limited-edition book “James Bond Archives”

Daniel Craig has donated a signed copy of the limited illustrated @taschen "The James Bond Archives" book for the #LosFuerLesbos #LeaveNoOneBehind campaign which runs from December 2nd to December 24.

https://losfuerlesbos.com/en/auction/daniel-craig/
  • Contraband wrote: »
    Video with Daniel Craig - Signed copy of the limited-edition book “James Bond Archives”

Daniel Craig has donated a signed copy of the limited illustrated @taschen "The James Bond Archives" book for the #LosFuerLesbos #LeaveNoOneBehind campaign which runs from December 2nd to December 24.

He looks as rough as a badger's arse in that video.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Contraband wrote: »

Cue the “Craig looks terrible” comments.
    Has anyone truly looked their best in 2020? I’m only 28 and I currently look like I’ve aged 10 years.
  • Contraband wrote: »

DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »

Cue the “Craig looks terrible” comments.
    Has anyone truly looked their best in 2020? I’m only 28 and I currently look like I’ve aged 10 years.

No, I think he's unconventionally handsome. He sometimes can look really rough. So can I. I'd take him over Cavill every day of the week!! Just an observation.
  • Bond people cannot keep on delaying the film, they have to show some courage. Streaming & Cinema release & blu ray release at the same time. Its just becoming a joke & a not very funny one. The disease is terrible, but the Cinemas cannot open if there are no big films to show. i.e Cineworld in the UK.
    phibes72 wrote: »
    Bond people cannot keep on delaying the film, they have to show some courage. Streaming & Cinema release & blu ray release at the same time. Its just becoming a joke & a not very funny one. The disease is terrible, but the Cinemas cannot open if there are no big films to show. i.e Cineworld in the UK.

Agreed. And they have to get to work on the next one.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Well Craig admittedly doesn't look great there.

Probably only one or not more than two more Bond films for him then.
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 3,160
    "Industry predicts 'No Time To Die' will delay again"

The Bond sequel is currently scheduled to premiere on April 2, 2021, but the movie’s financial backers are wary of being the first blockbuster out of the gate because its core audience skews older, a demographic that’s been more reluctant to go to the movies during the pandemic.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/industry-predicts-no-time-to-die-will-delay-again-201202

----

Yeah...it's mostly old people who watch Bond movies. Really?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Maybe older folk, I may be that by now and then some, might want to get their last licks in and see the latest Bond mission. Following the rules of course.

Just sayin'.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2020 Posts: 4,548
    Zekidk wrote: »
    "Industry predicts 'No Time To Die' will delay again"

The Bond sequel is currently scheduled to premiere on April 2, 2021, but the movie’s financial backers are wary of being the first blockbuster out of the gate because its core audience skews older, a demographic that’s been more reluctant to go to the movies during the pandemic.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/industry-predicts-no-time-to-die-will-delay-again-201202

----

Yeah...it's mostly old people who watch Bond movies. Really?

I don't know about SP, but SF definitely skewed toward an "older" audience. But I am not sure that "older" means "old." I mean, for all intents and purposes DC and I (both being 52) are old.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I have accepted November 2021 is the release date. That way I will be pleasantly surprised if it does come in April, and not disappointed if it is delayed again.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Well, to be fair, what has EON given youngsters in the past decade of so to get excited about?

Christ has Dan let himself go in that clip...
    Mallory wrote: »
    I have accepted November 2021 is the release date. That way I will be pleasantly surprised if it does come in April, and not disappointed if it is delayed again.

I have accepted November 2022 as the release date for 60th anniversary celebration, i doubt they will delay it that much at the same time i will be happy whenever it comes ;)
    It’s going to be Nov. 2021. I’ve been saying it all along.
  • Craig is beginning to remind me of Ed Harris... same kind of rugged handsomeness.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    "Older audience" means an audience of an older average age. Most movies are currently made with an audience of teenagers or people in their twenties in mind. But long-established franchises such as Bond or Star Wars will also get people in their thirties, forties or fifties who have stopped going to the movies frequently but make an exception for a new entry of something they grew up with.

Or you can take Dreamworks Animation and Pixar. Dreamworks will get kids, and parents who accept to accompany them. Pixar gets kids and parents who saw the first Toy Story or enjoy the kind of narrative Pixar is famous for.

Marketing tends to speak of "four-quadrant movies" with the age threshold for the 3rd and 4th quadrants being 25. NTTD relies more on these quadrants than Black Panther or Jumanji: Next Level.
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 3,160
    "Older audience" means an audience of an older average age. Most movies are currently made with an audience of teenagers or people in their twenties in mind. But long-established franchises such as Bond or Star Wars will also get people in their thirties, forties or fifties who have stopped going to the movies frequently but make an exception for a new entry of something they grew up with.
    Yes, I agree. But as I see it, Bond - as an action franchise - has always, or at least until the Craig era, targeted a younger audience, from teenagers to early thirties. In the 80's every boy in the block, including me, was into Bond (and Star Wars as you mention as the other reference.)

Today, I teach kids at the age of 10-15 and they generally couldn't care less about Bond (or Star Wars in fact.) They are into Marvel and fantasy-movies. Much like most young people - at least where I live - hate all music that has a guitar solo in it! In general.

This has been discussed before, but I am very curious to see which direction the producers are taking the Bond franchise next after Craig. If the target audience keep getting older and older, and they don't pamper to new generations, we could slowly be facing the end of the franchise.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Is NTTD going to move to November and then play chicken with Mission impossible 7?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Is NTTD going to move to November and then play chicken with Mission impossible 7?

It would be awesome to get NTTD and MI7 in the same month. THE NOVEMBER MEN, lol.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

It would be awesome to get NTTD and MI7 in the same month. THE NOVEMBER MEN, lol.

MI007

See what I did there :P
    Come to think of it, EON probably won’t want Bond coming out in the same month as MI. I didn’t realize MI was coming out in November.

Brace yourselves! If Bond doesn’t arrive in April, it’ll be 2022.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Yes, I agree. But as I see it, Bond - as an action franchise - has always, or at least until the Craig era, targeted a younger audience, from teenagers to early thirties. In the 80's every boy in the block, including me, was into Bond (and Star Wars as you mention as the other reference.)

Today, I teach kids at the age of 10-15 and they generally couldn't care less about Bond (or Star Wars in fact.) They are into Marvel and fantasy-movies. Much like most young people - at least where I live - hate all music that has a guitar solo in it! In general.

This has been discussed before, but I am very curious to see which direction the producers are taking the Bond franchise next after Craig. If the target audience keep getting older and older, and they don't pamper to new generations, we could slowly be facing the end of the franchise.

The demographic here skews slightly to a younger Bond fandom because it is a digital platform but in general, as stated above, Bond fandom leans much older than most. (25 and up which is not prime movie goers. Anybody want to give their general age range here as an experiment?) I too, deal with kids between 15 and 25 a lot and find that fantasy films register with them much, much more than Bond. Now it does not surprise me when some say they have never seen a single Bond film in their lives. Not many are not lusting after a shell ejecting DB-5 let alone a drivers license.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Come to think of it, EON probably won’t want Bond coming out in the same month as MI. I didn’t realize MI was coming out in November.

Brace yourselves! If Bond doesn’t arrive in April, it’ll be 2022.

Unless... M:I has had a short period of suspension of shooting, due to Covid. And depending on the insane stunts Cruise wants to do and how much of that is possible in these times, they may need to delay as well.
    If EON insists on a theatrical release and MGM doesn't do something unpredictable, *and* they aren't satisfied with the April release date, I can actually see them announce a November 2021 date, a week or two after M:I 7. They might think M:I will not be finished in time, or that M:I might feel pressured and moves, or they simply think if people have to choose between M:I and Bond, they'll choose the latter (strength of the brand and all). In the meantime, the MGM research department might do some enquiries and based on that, they might move again. I think EON's power lies in the fact that they want it released theatrically, but I'm not sure MGM would be willing to postpone just on the basis of EON not wanting M:I opening around the same time.

So, my prediction, just based on gut feeling: they're still committed to the April date for now, but are considering a move. If they move, they'll go for Fall 2021 first, before maybe then moving it to 2022.