Your Favourite Ending to a Film

13»

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Honorable Mention:

GOLDENEYE (1995) -composer Eric Serra thrills billions of Bond fans by singing THE EXPERIENCE OF LOVE over the end credits.

Haha. Didn t I say it hurts when I laugh?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Night Of The Living Dead

The ending is an exclamation mark to the "real" horror presented in this film which, despite its age and legacy, still seems too shocking for some audiences today:

https://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsburgh/report-reveals-netflix-removed-night-of-the-living-dead-from-germanys-streaming-services/Content?oid=16731157

Yeah, let's protect kids in Germany by banning Night Of The Living Dead... or at least "a version" of the film... from Netflix. :-??
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    There is a lot to learn from NOTLD.

There is a lot to learn from quite a few horror films. Too bad some people can't look past what one sees on the surface, while neglecting, or not noticing, the actual message of the film.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    The Shawshank Redemption.
    As rewarding an ending for the viewer as it is for Andy after all the horror.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Same favourites:

The Quiet Earth: beach horizon
    Raiders of the Lost Ark: the warehouse
    Invaders of the Body Snatchers 1978: close-up on Donald Sutherland
    Enemy: I won’t give this away but it’s on YouTube if you want to spoil yourself
    2001: perfect

Edit: I should say that these are all final shots, or nearly the final shots, rather than ending scenes as such

That final shot of Enemy gets me every time. Confusingly twisted.
    I have many favourites.
    'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid' was always high on my list.
    And 'The Long Good Friday' has a cracker of an ending!
    'French Connection 2' is also memorable!
    Also high is 'The Hot Rock', a great caper movie with Robert Redford, has a really great final scene!
  • DrunkIrishPoetDrunkIrishPoet The Amber Coast
    “Dr. Strangelove” for the win.

“The Bridge on the River Kwai” big finish with the bridge, the train, the commandos, the Semtex, and Alec Guinness realizing too late “what have I done?” Madness!

The Film Formerly Known as “Star Wars” (1977) AKA Episode 4 A New Hope.
  • DeathToSpies84DeathToSpies84 Haydock, England
    edited March 2021 Posts: 254
    The Shawshank Redemption: Red and Andy reunite. Admit it: you cried!

Gladiator: "Now we are free. I will see you again. But not yet. Not yet." *Cue Hans Zimmer’s score and that magnificent view of the sunset above the coliseum.*

Batman Begins: Gordon hands Batman a Joker card, with the latter promising to investigate. Gordon says "I never said thank you." To which Batman responds "And you’ll never have to." - Batman soars into the night as the screen cuts to black. 21 year old me leaves the cinema with the biggest smile on my face.

The Dark Knight: "He’s a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight." The greatest comic book movie gets the icing on its cake.

Silence of the Lambs: "I do wish we could chat longer, but..... I’m having an old friend for dinner. Bye." Lecter hangs up on Starling and begins trialing Dr. Chilton, blending into the Bimini crowd. The swaying palm trees, the disharmonious music in the background, Lecter’s calm predator like presence as he follows his prey into the crowd.... Absolutely perfect.

Alien: "Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo. Third officer reporting. The other members of the crew - Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash, and Captain Dallas - are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up. This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off." Ripley then enters hypersleep.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    The Shawshank Redemption, such an uplifting ending, brilliant.