The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Foreign languages spoken at both UN and Spectre meeting.
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 17
    It is a bit more baffling, than using translators, being killed or sitting at desk ...

On other side "translating" in fact is a very good point !!! And my 4) clue.

5. clue would be "how many Bond movies do u know starting in a foreign language? "

Again my question, what curious trivia connects LALD and SP ?
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »
    Foreign languages spoken at both UN and Spectre meeting.

Excuse me, saw this post only now. It is getting very warm, but in both meetings "it" is even more particular ... -;))

Next answer could be the right one.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Is it Italian you're looking for?
    The first words spoken in both movies are not English?
    No it is not "italian", but You are on the right track ...

The language which is used in those 2 speeches (i would estimate them around 15-20 seconds... quite long for a interaction in an english movie by a foreign language) is the same, but is not italian.
    It is a country, in which James Bond has never been neither have been filming works. Maybe 2 character from other movies TB and TSWLM have names from this country. Therefore i found it baffling that we have 2 longer speeches in this language in the Bond-History.

Btw. in the Spectre Council is another speech in a foreign language and this is Spain.
    Hungarian
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 17
    @R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n You got it, "a longer hungarian speech" is the right answer and the link between LALD and SP.

A bit wondering, why solving this question took longer, ONLY NOW i saw on imdb that the hungarian speech of Miss Dr. Vogel in the Spectre Meeting was translated in english version in german (and not hungarian).
    As I watch the 007 movies in german (or italian) i did not know this. So my bad, if I made maybe a misleading question.

BTW Vargas and Sandor are characters which could have had also hungarian roots (just from their name).

Thank You for the attention!
    R1s1ngs0n takes over
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    I have a new question if nobody minds:
    When Renard makes Davidov hold a hot rock in TWINE, what is illogical about this scene?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Interesting.. does Renard's hand not burn?
    Yes, that's it. 👍 Quick round. It's presented as if Renard was immune to the effects of the heat. He's immune to the pain but his hand should get heavily burnt.
    Over to you
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Oh sorry; I didn't mean to get it so quickly! :) Yes, that is a bit of a problem with those characters who don't feel pain- a bit like Stamper in TND. He might not be able to feel getting stabbed in the chest but it should affect him!
    :)

Okay, although I think it's still R1s1ngs0n's turn I might just pop this one in:

What do the film titles Dr No, Diamonds Are Forever (sort of), Licence To Kill, The World Is Not Enough, Skyfall and Spectre have in common?
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    The phrases/titles are mentioned in other Bond films.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's the one! :)
    I have a new question, if nobody minds (perhaps an easy one):

Out of what material (in reality) is the steel rope Jaws bite through in the Rio cable car scene?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Licorice
    Yes, that's it 👍Over to you
    (although I also heard somewhere it was chocolate, but the google results say licorice)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 13,879
    I think also in TSWLM when Jaws bites the chain on the gate.

Over to @Tokoloshe2.
    I don't have anything in particular, so open to anyone.
    All right, here goes :

What famous silent film actor got a tribute in one of the title sequences ?

Hint : Glasses.

Note : it might have been involuntary, but the image is so iconic that I doubt it's a coincidence.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,002
    You probably mean Harold Lloyd hanging from the clock’s hands in OHMSS title sequence.
    Bravo, R1s1ngs0n. I didn't expect that it would be found that quickly, based on my previous experience. But it is indeed Harold Lloyd.

81stbFqslrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

What was he doing here, we'll probably never know.
    Nice one!

A new question:
    Why would it be no real danger, in reality, when Goldfinger shoots a bullet through the window in the airplane?
    marc wrote: »
    Nice one!

A new question:
    Why would it be no real danger, in reality, when Goldfinger shoots a bullet through the window in the airplane?

Because it’s bullet proof ?
    Interesting thought, but I don't think airplane windows are usually bullet proof, and it's not what I meant.
    I believe depressurisation only happens above a certain altitude (is it 8,000ft?). Most planes fly above that height, however.
    Interesting as well, but not what I 'm looking for.

Wikipedia says: 'For aircraft certified to operate above 25,000 feet (FL 250; 7,600 m), it "must be designed so that occupants will not be exposed to cabin pressure altitudes in excess of 15,000 feet (4,600 m) after any probable failure condition in the pressurization system." '
    The windows are usually two or three sheets of plastic/glass, so I'd guess it's improbable that a bullet would go through all of them (?)
    No, I think only cockpit windows might stop bullets.

https://www.quora.com/Are-airliner-windows-bulletproof
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Because the window is much smaller than Goldfinger?
    There's also something to it, but it's not what I'm looking for.