Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

The films with DC have succeeded financially and critically and have given rise to many new fans and pleased many existing fans. They've not been perfect in the eyes of all, but none of the films before DC were, either, and these showed a significant step up. My point in asking whether anyone, at the time, thought the lead in Layer Cake would be a candidate for Bond is this: plenty of folks on this panel are dismissing actors and noting that they saw the actor in something or other and did not find the actor "Bond-worthy." Plenty of folks would have said the same about Sean Connery and the other Bonds back when Bond-speculating was not a big activity as it is now for some of us fans, particularly with the Internet facilitating forums.
  • Since62 wrote: »
    Does anyone recall seeing Layer Cake back then, and, though finding it very entertaining, thinking: Daniel Craig should be James Bond ? Not saying a viewer of that film would think against it, but did it "jump out" to anyone at the time ? This question can only be honestly answered by folks who saw Layer Cake before DC was cast or even mentioned. Things like hair length and cut, style of the film, nature of the character portrayed all can lead a viewer away from observing and finding the actor role-appropriate.

Me. I thought he had to be James Bond. He was head and shoulders above anyone at the time. The only other actor I thought came near him was Hugh Jackman. I never liked Clive Owen for the role. I've always found him quite flat. I told all my friends it would be Craig. He was electric in Layer Cake.
    I've only seen Layer Cake once Craig had been cast and after the first teaser, so my (positive) impression was very "corrupted". When he was cast, I was reminded by a friend that he had played the killer monk in Elizabeth. His casting initially left me skeptical, although I did like the promo shot they had made.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2020 Posts: 13,882
    Oops, wrong thread.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Turner will only be about forty by 2024. It's not too old to be Bond. Craig is 52 and there's still many who think he could come back for one more, hell some think Brosnan could have carried on into the 2010's.

If Turner is cast at 40 he has enough time for 4 or 5 films, assuming there are no 5 year gaps inbetween.
    As I believe I already pointed out, due to several factors -- delays before release of NTTD, time to get the next script ready, time to get in at least 3 but preferably 4 or more films with the next actor, time between those films -- the next Bond presently is in middle school, maybe junior high: 5th to 8th grade or so If the kid can manage to avoid addiction, personal dramas, being ripped off by stage parents or managers, grow up tall, handsome and built, they'll have a fine career ahead. I figure the producers put about a dozen kids under contract, like colleges giving basketball scholarship offers to middle schoolers.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    No current actor has had a Layer Cake type role; one that makes you stand up and say, 'that guy has to be James Bond!!!'

Never had that with Craig. I actually thought he should star as Putin in a legit Russian KGB film. Now THAT would be epic.

Although, i like Craig in CR but imagine if Turner was cast for next bond which to me seems highly likely if bond history has taught us anything, they always goes back to more traditional approach. I would be fine with any other actor like him but it would be fun to see how people who aren't convinced on him would react to it.
    Virat Kohli as James Bond.

tenor.gif
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

He sounds like an Indian Footballer.
    Turner will only be about forty by 2024. It's not too old to be Bond. Craig is 52 and there's still many who think he could come back for one more, hell some think Brosnan could have carried on into the 2010's.

If Turner is cast at 40 he has enough time for 4 or 5 films, assuming there are no 5 year gaps inbetween.

Agreed.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    suavejmf wrote: »

Close. You're thinking of Virat Gohli.

Virat Kohli plays cricket.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 5,131
    suavejmf wrote: »

Close. You're thinking of Virat Gohli.

Virat Kohli plays cricket.

Ah I see, thanks.

I had no clue, it was an almost lucky guess!
    No to Kohli, first he is a cricketer not an actor and second, even if he was an actor, i don't think an Indian should play bond.
    But his wife Anushka is an actress, so she might have a chance in future bond film's.
    .jpg
    Anushka-Sharma-Hot-and-Spicy-_-Bikini-5.jpg
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    I think Barbara has his eye on somebody spesific.
    MSL49 wrote: »
    Yes and I know one of my faves is someone she doesn’t want sadly but I have heard she is intrigued by another of my top 5 as for who can’t say but there ya go
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    No to Kohli, first he is a cricketer not an actor and second, even if he was an actor, i don't think an Indian should play bond.
    But his wife Anushka is an actress, so she might have a chance in future bond film's.
    .jpg

“Sorry, we don’t want you, your skin is the wrong colour... but give us your wife, we’d love to objectify her!” :)) :))
  • Risico007 wrote: »
    Yes and I know one of my faves is someone she doesn’t want sadly but I have heard she is intrigued by another of my top 5 as for who can’t say but there ya go

I know you can't say but one name I heard she is fond of is Jack Huston from working together on Strangers on a Train.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Risico007 wrote: »
    How does anyone know what Barbara is thinking?
  • Denbigh wrote: »

Im guessing they know her or know someone that is in the know.
    .jpg

“Sorry, we don’t want you, your skin is the wrong colour... but give us your wife, we’d love to objectify her!” :)) :))

😂😂✌️
  • I'd be very happy with Jack Huston. Talented, handsome, a bit edgy, not too predictable.
    I'd be very happy with Jack Huston. Talented, handsome, a bit edgy, not too predictable.

He’s worth a screen test, no doubt.

I’ve only seen him as Richard Harrow in the HBO television drama series Boardwalk Empire.

His lead in Ben Hur was not successful though. Which is a worry.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    I think out there is not clear number one choice.
  • I'm watching Tenet. Robert Pattinson would have been the perfect choice. He's commanding the screen with his performance. He's really grown into his looks too. What a shame Batman got him.
    Denbigh wrote: »

Baffles me. In fact I seriously doubt she's even given Craig's replacement much thought really. My hunch is sometime after the hype of NTTD has faded away, we'll get a nice LONG break from Bond while she and Eon pursue other projects. Eventually the concept of a B26 will occur. At some point later in the process, the casting can begin.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'm watching Tenet. Robert Pattinson would have been the perfect choice. He's commanding the screen with his performance. He's really grown into his looks too. What a shame Batman got him.

Is it out to rent?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    mtm wrote: »
    I'm watching Tenet. Robert Pattinson would have been the perfect choice. He's commanding the screen with his performance. He's really grown into his looks too. What a shame Batman got him.

Is it out to rent?

I wondered about that, too. Here it is still in the cinema.
  • I'd be very happy with Jack Huston. Talented, handsome, a bit edgy, not too predictable.

I agree he's a versatile actor.
  • mtm wrote: »

Is it out to rent?

My friend has a Kodi box. It's full HD.