Sequence of dates in OHMSS

brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
in Literary 007 Posts: 1,400
What date does Bond arrive at Piz Gloria? I believe it's Dec 22, right?

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 13,879
    The 22nd seems to be right, although not enough happens on the 24th throughout the day other than Bond waking up after being knocked out by Grunther. Surely he wouldn't be out all day?

22nd day: Bond arrives at Piz Gloria
    22nd night: dinner with the girls at 7pm; meeting Blofeld; visiting Ruby
    23rd day: curling
    23rd night: second visit to Ruby's room - caught by Bunt
    24th day: Bond's awakening; thrown in cog wheel room; Campbell hanging from rope
    24th evening: Bond escapes; girls open presents on Christmas eve
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited December 2020 Posts: 1,400
    Benny wrote: »

Picking the right thread is always a challenge; it seemed 'literary' was appropriate; this is why I start few threads. someone always swoops in to criticize placement. It's tiresome.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    =bg= wrote: »

Picking the right thread is always a challenge; it seemed 'literary' was appropriate; this is why I start few threads. someone always swoops in to criticize placement. It's tiresome.

Hard to imagine someone swooping in to criticize a James Bond question being asked in the James Bond Questions thread.

@QBranch's suggestion seems to be pretty on the money!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I like the focus of these introduced threads where something can be built. Even years on, not lost in the mix. They sink or swim on their own.

So there is film and also Fleming. How do those compare.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 13,879
    Apologies, I didn't realise this thread was in the literary section, I was referring to the film.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited December 2020 Posts: 14,815
    =bg= wrote: »

Sorry you feel that way @=bg=
    A thread with such a limited appeal whether it be literary or film will always be questioned.
    It is of course a worthy question, but I try and ask myself. Is this question in need of a thread. Or can it be included into an existing one.
    Such questions as this one are often going to gain little traction as a lone thread.
    Which is why I questioned, why it didn’t get posted in the questions thread .
    No offence meant. One of the duties of being a mod.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    none taken, thanks. there was one mod, i don't recall who, who seemed to make it his mission to close my threads, and I got tired of it.