The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2020 Posts: 23,102
    Newcastle's trip to Aston Villa on Friday has been postponed due to a Covid-19 outbreak at the club.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/12148125/newcastle-game-vs-aston-villa-postponed-due-to-covid-19-outbreak
    I have just brought in Konsa and also have Lascelles and Grealish. I really don't want to take another hit.

... And Newcastle have just played Palace...
    Newcastle's trip to Aston Villa on Friday has been postponed due to a Covid-19 outbreak at the club.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/12148125/newcastle-game-vs-aston-villa-postponed-due-to-covid-19-outbreak
    I have just brought in Konsa and also have Lascelles and Grealish. I really don't want to take another hit.

Hm… Had planned on maybe saving a free transfer this gameweek, but now I have to address the Villa triple-up after all. Might just do Martinez to another goalkeeper and place Grealish and Watkins on the bench.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Hm… Had planned on maybe saving a free transfer this gameweek, but now I have to address the Villa triple-up after all. Might just do Martinez to another goalkeeper and place Grealish and Watkins on the bench.

I am trying to resist taking a Hit, though after thinking I had solved my defensive issue I am down to only having three defenders this GW. Typical
    Another gameweek is over, which means we have another gameweek winner! Despite a lower average score, we did have some decent gameweek scores in our league – with LVLA Skopje 05 finishing best with 63 points. Congratulations! =D>

m4ryTUD.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    League table standings:

1. Liverpool Richmond: GW 50 - TOT 588
    2. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 45 - TOT 576
    3. Team Extreme: GW 49 - TOT 571
    4. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 62 - TOT 561
    5. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 46 - TOT 560
    6. MEJICO POWA: GW 55 - TOT 547
    7. False 9 FC: GW 32 - TOT 533
    7. Ayew Crazy !: GW 60 - TOT 533
    9. Cremonese-killen: GW 59 - TOT 530
    10. Mesut Özil: GW 46 - TOT 511
    11. Honesty FC: GW 43 - TOT 510
    12. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 47 - TOT 506
    13. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 63 - TOT 497
    14. Shoots...he scores: GW 50 - TOT 475
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 61 - TOT 471
    16. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 42 - TOT 427
    17. Anfield FC: GW 28 - TOT 420
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 27 - TOT 411
    _______

We have a Saturday deadline this gameweek, so we get a little more time to work on our teams before the 11:00 deadline (UK time).
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 17,241

I am trying to resist taking a Hit, though after thinking I had solved my defensive issue I am down to only having three defenders this GW. Typical

If you can, I suggest waiting as long as possible before making any more transfers. We might have to expect situations like this going forward, so holding on to the transfers until closer to the deadline(s) can be key.
    Congratulations LVLA Skopje 05
    ---

If you can, I suggest waiting as long as possible before making any more transfers. We might have to expect situations like this going forward, so holding on to the transfers until closer to the deadline(s) can be key.

Agreed on waiting as there is always the risk of other postponed games. I have Klitch to cover Grealish, it's just defence I have to worry about... Assuming there are no injurys to strikers and midfielders.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    ---

Agreed on waiting as there is always the risk of other postponed games. I have Klitch to cover Grealish, it's just defence I have to worry about... Assuming there are no injurys to strikers and midfielders.

I might sell Grealish.
    ---

I might sell Grealish.

I considered selling before I brought two defenders in at the weekend. Villa do have good fixtures which convinced me to keep Grealish.

Jose said that son will be out for a while weeks ago and he didn't miss a game.

True Jose has form, never the less as my team is becoming decimated I will keep close eye on the situation.

True Jose has form, never the less as my team is becoming decimated I will keep close eye on the situation.

Mourinho then refused to reveal the nature of Kane's injury, but added there was a "good chance" the striker would return to face Arsenal.
    ---

If you only have the defence to worry about, then it's an opportunity to target long-term options. It's often the case that we prioritise other (more exciting) transfers instead, so we might just have to look at this as a way of sorting out our teams for the Christmas period.

giphy.gif
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,341
    ---

If you only have the defence to worry about, then it's an opportunity to target long-term options. It's often the case that we prioritise other (more exciting) transfers instead, so we might just have to look at this as a way of sorting out our teams for the Christmas period.

giphy.gif

Jose the Anchorman
    Anchors the bus when he parks it.......... :))
    ---

giphy.gif

Jose the Anchorman
    Anchors the bus when he parks it.......... :))

:))
    Well with so many players doubtful and heading into too many hits territory I have taken a big gamble.
    giphy-1-1.gif?resize=498%2C280&ssl=1
    Well with so many players doubtful and heading into too many hits territory I have taken a big gamble.

I am going to replace 3-4 players this week i think.

I activated my free hit, City at home to Fulham I brought in three City players.

I activated my free hit, City at home to Fulham I brought in three City players.

Yeah free hit for me too i think.

If it pays off potential rank climb, the season is so allover the place not fussed about using the free hit early.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,341

If it pays off potential rank climb, the season is so allover the place not fussed about using the free hit early.

Free hit used and villa players out, for now....
    Click here to use............ :)>-

screen-shot-2019-03-28-at-14.27.39.png?w=518
    Ooh, exciting decision for the both of you! I'm being really boring this gameweek, placing Grealish and Watkins on the bench, keeping Martínez (which means no playing GK this gameweek…), and spending my free transfer on Mitchell to Dallas - who of course has a tough fixture against Chelsea. The plan is to change things up a bit next gameweek instead.
    Here are the gameweek 11 captaincy picks!
    Son: 3
    De Bruyne: 2
    Werner: 2
    Fernandes: 2
    Calvert-Lewin: 2
    Martial: 1
    Jota: 1
    Maddison: 1
    Salah: 1
    Vardy: 1
    Kane: 1
    Mahrez: 1

A very varied list of captains this weekend (have we ever had so many different captains in one gameweek in our league?), with Son the most captained, backed by three managers. De Bruyne, Werner, Fernandes and Calvert-Lewin are the only other captaincy picks captained by more the one manager.

Good luck everyone!
    Mixed GW so far my players have all got points despite captain fail, though Bruno on the bench is hurting as I chose no back up.

United look poor in midfield currently so Bruno likely to come on at some point.

Good to see fans if only a few back in the stadium.

Edited: West Ham take the lead, United look awful, come on Bruno... Ole get him on. Oh dear Haller fluffs his lines through on goal and trips.

Bruno and Rashford on at half time thank god.
    Mixed GW so far my players have all got points despite captain fail, though Bruno on the bench is hurting as I chose no back up.

United look poor in midfield currently so Bruno likely to come on at some point.

Edited: West Ham take the lead, United look awful, come on Bruno... Ole get him on. Oh dear Haller fluffs his lines through on goal and trips.

Of all the gameweeks to bench Fernandes… Wonder what more surprises awaits us this weekend.

Of all the gameweeks to bench Fernandes… Wonder what more surprises awaits us this weekend.

Bruno assist Pogba screamer... went to VAR which was joke goal stands.
    Greenwood goal Telles assist minutes later 2 - 1 United comeback again, world class finish great for the kid

Could have been 3 - 1 world class pass from Bruno Rashford hits post, United transformed.
    3 - 1 Rashford goal Mata assist, United battering West Ham. Individual quality bailing out Oli again.

Full time 9th away win in a row in the league for United, its our home form that's an issue. Ole continues to hang onto his job because of the players and not his tactics.

United have City at home next in the League, if we have a first half like we did today we will be 4 - 0 down by half time and there wont be any comeback.
    What was Ole's reasoning benching Fernandes? United with and without him are two very different teams it seems.
    What was Ole's reasoning benching Fernandes? United with and without him are two very different teams it seems.

Not sure though probably to rest him, benching Bruno was not so much the issue in the first half the balance of the team was all wrong.

Though Bruno is our main man and leader soon as he is on the pitch he is instantly telling players what to do and orchestrating.

Good green arrow currently though too many other games to go yet, really wish I had gone for KDB rather than Mahrez as Captain. I was chasing points picking Mahrez after his Hatrick.

Dam two of my normal players Bamford goal and James assist getting points in Chelsea v Leeds game.