NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited November 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Official Oscars tv-spot (which is weird) according to the uploader. At least it's got 2021 at the end and it looks legit. Maybe already aired with '2021' and I have missed it??

@antovolk Whatta ya know about this??

fan edit, I'm pretty sure @Contraband
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

First time I've seen an Australian cinema advertise films releasing in the new year.
  • StarkStark France
    edited December 2020 Posts: 177
    edit : wrong thread
    Looks like our brand new final trailer - rated overnight:
    https://www.alberta.ca/recently-rated-trailers.aspx

>No Time To Die (trailer M) ![Parental Guidance] Aug 26, 2021 2:33 Universal Pictures
  • HeinsenbergHeinsenberg France
    We've been talking about this imminent new trailer for a month, I hope it comes out today!
    I suspect in the next week - clearly rated in time for Shang Chi...but also what may be a hint at a launch today is that the previous trailers were rated on the day they dropped online
    So it could be any time soon from today to the following week?
    Yes.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Any chance they screen the new trailer at tonights screening of Skyfall in Trafalger Square?
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Any chance they screen the new trailer at tonights screening of Skyfall in Trafalger Square?

Actually that's a fantastic question. They are seemingly wheeling out this so...
  • Bentley007 wrote: »

Would make sense to do that with a simultaneous online release.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Would make sense to do that with a simultaneous online release.

It's a no brainer. It would be a massive missed opportunity to not take advantage of a crowd like that.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's possible, but I doubt they'd base a marketing strategy around one screening that they're not involved with.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 3,164
    mtm wrote: »
    It's possible, but I doubt they'd base a marketing strategy around one screening that they're not involved with.

I mean they are seemingly, they just posted a message from Naomie Harris that will likely play, they probably had to be involved to get that giant Union Jack 007...and the first trailer did after all launch at the Piccadilly Circus screens. If it happens it's just a case of convenient timing really between the screening and when they need to launch this trailer (ahead of Shang Chi's release next weekend)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    antovolk wrote: »

I mean they are seemingly, they just posted a message from Naomie Harris that will likely play, they probably had to be involved to get that giant Union Jack 007...and the first trailer did after all launch at the Piccadilly Circus screens. If it happens it's just a case of convenient timing really between the screening and when they need to launch this trailer (ahead of Shang Chi's release next weekend)

Do you know what time the screening is/when we might expect the trailer by, if it does drop at the screening tonight?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's the Mayor of London and Luna Screen putting it on though, it's not an MGM event or anything.
    It's not impossible, and hope it does happen, but I wouldn't be upset if it doesn't happen. I guess it'll be starting soon..?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Do you know what time the screening is/when we might expect the trailer by, if it does drop at the screening tonight?

The screening starts at 7:30 PM.
    There Def is something NTTD related at the event, see the base of the big 007
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I'd imagine it would probably be shown after the screening if it is to be included. Either way, I'm excited to see it when it drops.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    What's their significance? Are they lights or a fire display?

But whatever it is, the intense marketing phase for NTTD has officially begun!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The union jack/007 logo mashup looks incredible.

Actually that's a fantastic question. They are seemingly wheeling out this so...

Feels kind of like a blown opportunity if they don't!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Come on just drop it!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2021 Posts: 14,861
    That's a fun competition. Although given the length of the film you'd be getting to be at about 4am :D

Nice to see Mr Sims!
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    “Come on trailer, where the hell are you?”
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Looks like it's started, no mentions of trailers that I can see. Is that IMAX format?

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Mallory wrote: »

Quite clever way to market the film getting people to post on Instagram.