No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    From a new book, nothing interesting howewer (seems even bad) : spread1_LANDSCAPE.jpg

I can't believe how poorly the cars are rendered. Some of them look nothing like them.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Mallory wrote: »
    Hi @DonnyDB5

I can only advise on the UK publications, but this is what I have managed to collect so far:

7-B925-C13-B316-49-D2-B9-A2-1-D49-D992-A61-D.jpg

Thanks, Mallory. I believe this mirrors closely what we've had published in the US.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Has anyone got the collectors edition of 'Bond Cars: The Definitive History'?

Curious to see what extras are included.

Three postcards and a poster... 30 pounds more!

(Unboxing of the book starts at 02:35)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Guys, I know this probably isn't the proper thread, but I was wondering if someone could help me gather/locate all the published magazines that have been on No Time to Die &/or Daniel Craig.

Ever since QoS, I've been collecting magazines relevant to each DC Bond film, and unfortunately this year I've been slacking due to Covid. I need to play catch-up, especially since this is Craig's final Bond film, I want to make sure I can purchase as many magazines as possible on NTTD.

If anyone knows of anything such as Empire, GQ, Total Film, etc., please let me know so I can attempt to purchase them on the internet (or in store).

Thank you!

@DonnyDB5 I've seen about 60 or more NTTD-related magazines and collected over 40 of them. Some pics here, with issue/number details underneath:
    50618109012_39f26e58f3_o.png
    ^MI6 Confidential issues 51; 52; 54, 2019-2020

50617985296_b5afb5075e_o.png
    ^The Hollywood Reporter November 2019

50617984606_95ab6cdf96_o.png
    ^Empire February 2020 & subscriber's edition

50617250143_51dff2218e_o.png
    ^Variety magazine The UK issue 2020 'Family Bond'

50618093032_64c8bd9af3_o.png
    ^Entertainment Weekly 24 Feb 2020 & Entertainment Magazine Aeon Cinema March 2020 (Japan)

50618108707_0c132ebb6d_o.png
    ^Premiere no.504, Feb 2020 & no.13 Oct-Nov 2020 (France)

50617249018_415e2daa5d_o.png
    ^Foxtel April 2020 TV guide (minor NTTD mention) & SFX magazine 25 Jan 2020 (includes NTTD poster) (France)

49760003853_7fcc9d1fed_z.jpg
    ^007 Magazine NTTD deluxe LE publication

50617264638_d40b96bd20_o.png
    ^Starburst no.470 Mar 2020 & collector's edition

50618107022_717baaa854_o.png
    ^Top Gear March 2020 & Vantage #29 Spring 2020

50618106302_bf7b62889d_o.png
    ^Total Film March 2020 covers 1 & 2 (includes 5x A4 print cards from each Craig film)

50289321176_73de9acc62_z.jpg
    ^Gentleman magazine March 2020 (Mexico)

50618092132_2b07e3887e_o.png
    ^Il Venerdi' N.1666-21 Febbraio 2020 (Italy) & Curzon cinema March-April 2020 issue 79

50618093707_b1a08a0206_o.png
    ^American Cinematographer April 2020 & Cineplex magazine March/April 2020

50617999696_66966cc214_o.png
    ^Screen May 2020 & December 2020 (Japan)

50617265423_3d82797a86_o.png
    ^Saga magazine April 2020 & Madame Figaro Men's Special no.1882, Sep 2020 (France)

50617248673_4ce4e256d5_o.png
    ^GQ magazine April 2020 (Australia) & Playboy Special 25 Bond girls 2020 (Germany)

50522536293_43c63aa137_o.png
    ^Omega Lifetime magazine Issue 22, 2020 NTTD edition

50618105932_dde6c29ec2_o.png
    ^Total Film #304 Oct 2020 & subscriber's edition

50410977696_cc61d820c9_o.png
    ^New Scientist issue 8 September 2018 No.3194, which I discovered belongs to Q in NTTD.

Got a few more laying around somewhere...
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Has anyone got the collectors edition of 'Bond Cars: The Definitive History'?

Curious to see what extras are included.

Three postcards and a poster... 30 pounds more!

(Unboxing of the book starts at 02:35)

I like the slip case, but 3 postcards I already have and poster really isn't worth $30 more :(
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2020 Posts: 14,861
    I see Wonder Woman 84 is going to cinemas and streaming on HBO Max at Christmas: that seems quite a big step.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2020 Posts: 5,834

Hitman developer IO Interactive has announced Project 007, a new James Bond game.

Announced in a teaser trailer today, IO describes the game as a "wholly original Bond story" in which "players will step into the shows of the world's favorite Secret Agent to earn thier 00 status in the very first Bon origin story."
  • Denbigh wrote: »

Hitman developer IO Interactive has announced Project 007, a new James Bond game.

Announced in a teaser trailer today, IO describes the game as a "wholly original Bond story" in which "players will step into the shows of the world's favorite Secret Agent to earn thier 00 status in the very first Bon origin story."

WTF

Is this Bond 26?!?!
  • mtm wrote: »
    I see Wonder Woman 84 is going to cinemas and streaming on HBO Max at Christmas: that seems quite a big step.

Pretty much confirms that if we are still in same situation in spring that Bond goes to streaming. This is the future. Cinemas are going the way of the dodo.

I hate saying it, but it's true.
    mtm wrote: »

Pretty much confirms that if we are still in same situation in spring that Bond goes to streaming. This is the future. Cinemas are going the way of the dodo.

I hate saying it, but it's true.

No, it's not the truth at all. Theatrical distribution is very important for studio films and international distribution and sales and pre-sales are crucial for funding productions, especially lower budget and independent films. What we are seeing are the studios trying to navigate a very serious situation which they have not faced before. We will all get through this, including the cinemas.

WOW! About time we're getting a new Bond video game. I wonder if they'll base Bond's look off of Craig.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2020 Posts: 14,861
    WOW! About time we're getting a new Bond video game. I wonder if they'll base Bond's look off of Craig.

Yeah very interesting: by the sounds of it being a Bond origin story I'm going to guess it won't feature Craig, my guess would be another non-movie Bond like Nightfire. If that's right I'm not sure how I feel about that, but okay.
    Is that the NTTD gunbarrel on that? I think it's the Spectre one as it has xylophone.

Interesting to see the EON logo on that trailer: I don't think we've ever seen their logo on a Bond project before have we?
    I think it’d be cool if they gave you the option to select which Bond you’d like to play as. A choice from Connery up to Craig.
  • StarkStark France
    edited November 2020 Posts: 177
    I think it’d be cool if they gave you the option to select which Bond you’d like to play as. A choice from Connery up to Craig.

It's an origin story. So no Craig or Connery...
    If it's in VR then I'm there, otherwise i'll stick with "I Expect You To Die" for my 007 styled gaming thrills. Yep, streaming is the future but I hope we can also have a limited theatrical presentation as well. Just so it's a Bond film and not just a TV movie.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Stark wrote: »

Regardless, it would be cool to have the option to play as the Bond actors (like they were planning with GoldenEye 64).

They'll probably create an interpretation and cast a British unknown to do the voice. Would be nice if they leaned in the direction of Jason Masters for their Bond portrayal.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 1,755

Regardless, it would be cool to have the option to play as the Bond actors (like they were planning with GoldenEye 64).

They'll probably create an interpretation and cast a British unknown to do the voice. Would be nice if they leaned in the direction of Jason Masters for their Bond portrayal.

Origin story or not, they should definitely give the option. It would be genius! Complete different achievements throughout the game to unlock new content. That content could be "skins" ala what Call of Duty does with Battle Pass and what not.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

Origin story or not, they should definitely give the option. It would be genius! Complete different achievements throughout the game to unlock new content. That content could be "skins" ala what Call of Duty does with Battle Pass and what not.

Hopefully they largely recreate/modernize GoldenEye's multiplayer for this game. I guess they've tried in the past, but this done properly would be great.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    EnOPIkAWEAE6opi?format=jpg&name=large
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Some tiny bit of news / merch info: according to the 007 Store, these note cards with the Spectre logo on them will be used in NTTD.
    What do we recon: is someone at Spectre sending invitations to that party on these cards?
    EnQ0jwKW8AAnMJn.jpg
    @DeerAtTheGates Nice find! Just pulled the trigger on this, but the hole is in my wallet! ($$$)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    EnOPIkAWEAE6opi?format=jpg&name=large

Actually old still.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Nightfire and Everything Or Nothing are part of my childhood.
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco

I'm curious how they will handle the origin story they're referring to. It would be interesting to take Bond back to perhaps the 50s showing an origin prior to the Connery films. They can have EON's Bond tackle Smersh. Maybe a title like "A Death to Spies."
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited November 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Regarding the new 007 game. Turns out that I have a close connection to some of the people working at IO Interactive. Danish developer with head office in Copenhagen but they also have an office in Malmö, Sweden, and I grew up with several of the key people there. I'm gonna snoop around for more detailed info.

//////

Do you have a passion for great AI in games, and are you ready to join the team that makes them great? IO Interactive with our team of experienced gameplay-programmers and designers is currently looking for a full-time AI Programmer to join Project 007

Workplace: Copenhagen

https://career.ioi.dk/ad/ai-programmer/0e2rre

• J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    Contraband wrote: »
    Regarding the new 007 game. Turns out that I have a close connection to some of the people working at IO Interactive. Danish developer with head office in Copenhagen but they also have an office in Malmö, Sweden, and I grew up with several of the key people there. I'm gonna snoop around for more detailed info.

//////

Do you have a passion for great AI in games, and are you ready to join the team that makes them great? IO Interactive with our team of experienced gameplay-programmers and designers is currently looking for a full-time AI Programmer to join Project 007

You good sir, are a legend among us.
    Contraband wrote: »

//////

Please do! Have lots of questions regarding this, but I’m guessing it’s in its very early stages.
    @DonnyDB5 Did you see my post with all the NTTD magazines?
    QBranch wrote: »
    @DonnyDB5 Did you see my post with all the NTTD magazines?

I did just now! Thank you so much, that’s very helpful.