The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and the Works of JK Rowling

Comments

Katniss (Whitney Avalon) Vs. Hermione (Molly C. Quinn) in a rap battle :

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald to clock in at 2 hours & 14 minutes (1 minute more than the previous outing).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2018 Posts: 15,686
    @doubleoego First critics reactions for Fantastic Beasts 2 are largely positive, with most citing Johnny Depp as one of the best aspects of the film.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2018 Posts: 4,415
    Soundtrack cover, 1 disc CD or 2 disc LP with 25 tracks.
    The LP wil be released on 23 November, the CD on 09 November.

Whyle Warner Home Entertainment making the movie's, Sony Classical wil do the release of the music.

9200000099905899.jpg

Previous movie also get 2 disc Soundtrack CD.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 4,415
    Mabey there should delay the 3th movie with 8 months to July 2021 (2,8 years later) or November 2021 (3 years later). And that 4th movie then wil be delayd for a year ?

If July 2021:

July 2021 (2,8 years later..)
    November 2023 (2,4 years later..)
    November 2025 (2 years later..)

If November 2021:

November 2021 (3 years later..)
    November 2023 (2 years later..)
    November 2025 (2 years later..)

2021 it is also 20 years anniversary of the first Harry Potter movie.

Jk Rowling, David Yates and the actors get on this way a mabey needed break (more time to make the 3th and 4th movie) and 5th movie stil be out in November 2025.

Some complane that introduce again to much chacters and ranking is to low. Remember me of times around Chamber of Secrets. The 9+ rank whas created because of to low 6+ rank of COS and used first time for Harry Potter 3. Complanes about Beast 2 that it is to dark for franchise (the thirth movie should acutaly be a 9+ movie) and should no longer use Fantastic Beast as front title. Also some people are suprised/Disapointed there is no Dutch dub.

Mabey Dutch BD release stil get 9+, Warner does not re-rank cos and only take action in rank with 3th HP movie. Hp4 till Hp8 get 12+. So mabey 3th Beast movie wil get 12+ because Warner mabey already plan from the start. If movie stick with 9+ then i think it wil be lighter as plan of them.

Atleast i think there should promote 3th movie more and how it be. I think movie trailers have very light tone, whyle review/talking about the movie is very dark. Darker then Azkaban and Half Blood Prince. Azkaban in my opnion is very visuel and hp6 not dark/long enough and missing to much.

The disconnection of Beast movies is something i worried about, to much things who not survife in Harry Potter. I moost exited for option to finaly show what a lot of books readers mis from The Half Blood Prince, back ground story of Voldemort. Even more because i heard Beast 2 have flashbacks (forwards) to the future. Wil there be younger version of Emma Thompson chachter wil tell Voldemort is comingsoon. Fantastic Beast: The Prophecy of Trelawney ;)
    Seems you were correct, @M_Balje. ;-)

Production for Fantastic Beasts 3 has been pushed back by half a year, so a summer 2021 release looks likely now. The planned November 2020 release (if it gets delayed), may well be given to The Flash or The Batman.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/fantastic-beasts-3-pushes-production-start-to-late-fall-1202537147/
    edited January 2019 Posts: 4,415
    Dutch Bluray covers (source: bolcom)

9200000087658147_1.jpg

9200000104251380_1.jpg

Dutch release date is 12 March 2019.

The extented cut is 141 minutes, 7 minutes longer. On the 3D cover the information over the extented cut is a litle bit misleading, because i think extented cut is only avaible in 2D.

Other extra's on the 2D disc (source:bluraycom):

J.K. Rowling: A World Revealed
    Wizards on Screen, Fans in Real Life
    Distinctly Dumbledore
    6 Unlocking Scene Secrets Features
    Delete Scenes (The same 7 minutes, but then outside of the movie)

Note: The above extra's are based on information about American release (12 March 2019) who not get The Extented cut of the movie on the disc but only digital. The other way around, i get the idea it can mean we (in The Netherlands / Europe ) don't get delete scenes outside of extented cut. Or that those will only avaible on dvd release who will only include cinema version of the movie.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    CoG was so disappointing. The only saving grace were seeing Hogwarts and Zoë Kravitz.
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/third-fantastic-beasts-to-shoot-in-february/
    Third “Fantastic Beasts” To Shoot In February
    By
    Garth Franklin
    Monday, October 21st 2019 11:21 am

Following a delay of the third installment in the “Fantastic Beasts” franchise, the feature is now said to be headed into production in February according to star Dan Fogler.

Filming was to kick off in July before being pushed to sometime in the Fall and now to next year. Fogler says author/writer J.K. Rowling has been ‘writing furiously’ and that he has yet to receive a script.

The previous film in the series, the second of five proposed ‘Beasts’ films, earned $653 million at the worldwide box office, but was widely seen as a major disappointment and earned the franchise’s worst reviews to date.

David Yates is expected to return as director for the next entry.

Source: ComicBook.com
    doubleoego wrote: »
    CoG was so disappointing. The only saving grace were seeing Hogwarts and Zoë Kravitz.

Agreed. JKR has lost her touch. That plot was an absolute mess.
    Fantastic Beasts 3 confirmed to start production in Spring 2020; will be set in Brazil.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/fantastic-beasts-3-jessica-williams-rio-de-janeiro-brazil-1202777066/
    edited November 2019 Posts: 4,415
    Intresting. Made me curious or 4th/5th movie wil go Asian country and African country.

Earlier i hoped after Madagascar in America, Africa and Europe i hoped / expect Madagascar 4 go to Asia / China.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Would love to see what the wizarding world in Australia is like!
    Fantastic Beasts 3 confirmed to start production in Spring 2020; will be set in Brazil.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/fantastic-beasts-3-jessica-williams-rio-de-janeiro-brazil-1202777066/

Great news, have to say so far the first of the two movies is the stronger one for me.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2019 Posts: 12,459
    I have not seen any of these (but I read all her books).
    Different co-writer on this new one, which some people are saying is a positive development.

https://www.filmstories.co.uk/news/fantastic-beasts-3-new-writer-spring-2020-production-confirmed/

and from Collider: https://collider.com/fantastic-beasts-3-filming-spring-2020/

The report also has a few more newsy nuggets tucked away. Top of the list is the news that franchise producer Steve Kloves co-wrote the screenplay with J.K. Rowling, who was previously set to pen the sequel solo. Rowling made her screenwriting debut on the last franchise installment, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, and filming on the followup has been pushed twice, to give the filmmakers time and space to let their ideas come together. A few weeks ago, series regular Dan Fogler revealed that he hadn’t seen a script yet and addressed the production push, saying, “The reason we were given is that the movie is bigger than the first two combined. They needed more time to prep and they didn’t want to rush anything.”
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    After watching the Harry Potter movies 4-8 I thought there was no way they could make something worse than that. Can't believe the Fantastic Beasts movies proved me wrong. I often complain about Spectre but I'd rather rewatch that 10 times than rewatch a FB movie again.

Thank Rowling we got seven amazing books to read.
  • FB needs to move away from David Yates as a Director. He's not bringing anything new to the series, and I believe he was a big reason why COG wasn't received that well. Get someone like Alfonso Cuaron or Mike Newell back (I'm a big fan of Goblet of Fire), or someone completely new, maybe a Cary Fukunaga-type. Yates hasn't made a great Potter film apart from Deathly Hallows part 2 in my opinion, and that was mostly based off it being the last film in the series.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 4,415
    I think there should keep in mind too, that it is no problem to at things in two movies. Inspecialy if stick with 2022 release year of the 4th. Longer screentime for final Potter movies because it be two movies worked for me. It remember me again how sad it be the 4th and fifth movie not be three movies.

I always said directer was more one to have, because production and writing and things like Special effects team, product design-art directers be more inportent for this series. But based on from what i have seen in trailers there are back on the Phoenix Road. Who should replace David Yates:

Joel Hopkins. English directer of The Love Punch.
    Richard J. Lewis. Directer of Barney's Vision.
    Carlos Saldanha. Directer of first three Ice Age and the in Brazil played Rio movies.
    Bruce Robinson. Directer of the rum diary, also did screenplay and was based on a novel.

And directer should sign for two movies.

Another thing be is that should take one month longer for BD releases. Should not released before almoost end of April 2022. Directer and J.K. Rowling & second writer should do videocommentary. The rest of the extra's should be on the bonus disc. So again 3 and 2 disc editions with sleeve, but this time no Extented Cut because longer cut should be released as cinema version from start. So that it be avaible in both 3D and 2D. There should try more to give 3D versions also atmos track. Also i like to see 3 movie box with 8 discs.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 4,415
    3 years after the second movie is mabey not problem, but wil Warner delay 3th movie again till July 2022. With July or November 2023 for the 4th movie. Earlier post i sugest/expect that stick With November 2022 release of delay till July 2023. If there not delay the 3th movie till July 2022 then i think delay fourth till July 2023 can be smart if later stil wil be a delay.

November 2021
    November 2022

November 2021
    July 2023

July 2022
    July 2023

November 2021
    November 2023

July 2022
    November 2023

Whyle of course biggest part will be studiowork, i expect that must film footage in Brazil amd bring in some Brazillian actors/actresses. Atleast J.K. Rowling have more time.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    FB needs to move away from David Yates as a Director. He's not bringing anything new to the series, and I believe he was a big reason why COG wasn't received that well. Get someone like Alfonso Cuaron or Mike Newell back (I'm a big fan of Goblet of Fire), or someone completely new, maybe a Cary Fukunaga-type. Yates hasn't made a great Potter film apart from Deathly Hallows part 2 in my opinion, and that was mostly based off it being the last film in the series.

Definitely agree with you there! I don´t understand at all why Yates has been given a monopoly on all the new Potter films. I hated his first film (I think it is the weakest of the lot) and none of his other films have impressed me either. That being said, no director could have saved the messy script from the last film I think... Rowling is really not a screenwriter.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,415
    The 3th Fantastic Beasts movie not delayd again yet.. Filming start in October 2020 and possible end in February 2021.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/fantastic-beasts-3-delays-depp-heard-trial/
    After numerous delays, filming is set to pick back up again in the UK starting in October and possibly end in February
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2020 Posts: 23,102
    Johnny Depp resigns from Fantastic Beasts role as Grindelwald
    https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a34600613/fantastic-beasts-3-johnny-depp-resigns-grindelwald/

In a statement on Instagram, Depp said: "Firstly, I'd like to thank everybody who has gifted me with their support and loyalty. I have been humbled and moved by your many messages of love and concern, particularly over the last few days.

"I wish to let you know that I have been asked to resign by Warner Bros from my role as Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts and I have respected and agreed to that request."
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Yeah... If we're going to remove every single actor who isn't perfect in every hashtag/something-positive/... kind of way, not a lot of movies will be made. Depp is a fantastic actor. The loss is for the Fantastic Beasts series.

Then again, will JK still be welcome? What with her so-called anti-transgender thing and all.

I'd say WB is shooting itself in the feet.
    I have lost all interest in the Fantastic Beasts trilogy. The first film was disappointing. The second was even worse...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    This news is the first I heard they were making another one, I’m surprised. I didn’t make it to the end of either.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I think the plan was to make five FB movies initially, the first two are such a huge step down from the HP films. Its too obvious there is not much of a plan with FB.
    The first one was good, the second one... not so.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Th first was watchable, not particularly good. The second I couldn't get through. The writing is bad... agree, no plan. Someone needs to sit JK down... first, you're successful, not omnipotent, stop sharing your opinions on things you don't need to... On writing, figure out who your protagonists are in these prequals and focus on them so the audience can care. Write books, that's what your good at, let someone else develop them into screenplays.
    Not only there wil do recasting for that chacter, the movie is also delayd to summer 2022. What possible mean half July 2022.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/depp-abruptly-exits-fantastic-beasts-films/
    Warner Bros. has issued their own statement saying: “We thank Johnny for his work on the films to date. Fantastic Beasts 3 is currently in production, and the role of Grindelwald will be recast. The film will debut in theaters worldwide in summer 2022.”