The New Bond Quarter-Frame Game

Comments

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Inside Alec's train in GE?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2020 Posts: 13,879
    QBranch wrote: »
    Let's try this one:

50544314297_9a5c189461_o.jpg

TB
    OHMSS
    MR
    GE
    TND
    SF
    SP
    Clue:

There are 2 locations in the full frame.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Sounds like TB, with all those swipes. Maybe Paula's prison at Palmyra?
    Sorry, it's not from TB.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    The item in bottom right is curious. Given the clue, could be a device with a screen? Just thinking out loud...
    Good thinking.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    edited October 2020 Posts: 1,172
    Might be pale steps (heading towards the top right), with the shadows being from railings.

Trying to recall a scene where someone looks at a picture of another location on a device, but just can't quite get it yet!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's not Bond at the airport in TND, is it? Tricky one here.
    It's nothing from TND.
    Another clue:

What you're seeing here is London.
    M's office in SF? I know this is another one that's going to make me go "oh, that was really obvious" once it's finally revealed.
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    Is it Mitchells flat in QoS?
    It's nothing from SF, but Willy has the right film.
    Is it M and Tanner calling Bond? I just watched this movie a few days back, can't really place it.
    Good one, @Creasy. The game is yours.

Tanner calling/tracking Bond on the handheld PC at M's request. Locations are London and Haiti.

50544314162_fe6bc6ab87_c.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Gosh nice work Creasy; I don't think I even recognise that shot! :) Good choice QBranch!
    Cheers. Like the difficult GE train image I chose earlier, this is another frame I stumbled across in my picture folder. Looking forward to Creasy's selection.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I actually think if you'd used the top right quarter I still wouldn't have got it (although the design of the graphics would narrow it down to QoS)! :)
    Just imagine if I chose the bottom left quarter!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    :))
    Good stuff! I kept thinking the top/mid piece of the frame was a window or something, was really throwing me off.

Great round, @QBranch. I'm clueless when it comes to shrinking/enlarging these images so I'll pass the baton to whoever wants to go next.
    Creasy, if you find a pic you like, I could crop it for you.
    edited October 2020 Posts: 40,372
    Thanks for that, @QBranch, though I suppose it wasn't as hard as I envisioned. Let's try this one (apologies in advance if I've botched this somehow):

kzkf805ipw7d.jpg
    Inside machine gun Granny's/Swiss gatekeeper's house from GF.
    Good guess but it's not from there.

Also, should I mention if someone guesses the correct film but not the right scene like you did in the previous round?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Is it maybe from Shrublands in Thunderball?
    It's not, but you guys are on the right track.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Good guess but it's not from there.

Also, should I mention if someone guesses the correct film but not the right scene like you did in the previous round?
    It's up to you, Creasy, depending on how far the game has come along. If it's on the first guess, maybe don't mention it. If you think it's time to wrap up the game and move on, you could call the film.
    Excellent, thanks. I just wasn't sure if there were any hard and fast rules set or not.