No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure those are fighter jets flying by Q.

unknown.png?width=729&height=300

A clearer shot. They are very clearly missiles.

This is what I was thinking when I hypothesized it may be Q who dies. Also this was a plot point in a revised Spectre script which we know means it could be repurposed.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Bentley007 wrote: »

This is what I was thinking when I hypothesized it may be Q who dies. Also this was a plot point in a revised Spectre script which we know means it could be repurposed.

I've also had the theory fro a long time, since around March when the first trailer showing the Q plane was revealed and we could just make out Q in the cargo plane, as well as the marketing unusually focused on him. I do also think Felix may die in the boat - this would be a first if 2 central characters were to perish.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited October 2020 Posts: 4,343
    I find it interesting that the DB5 will survive the PTS.
    After Bond leaves Swann at the train station we find Bond in Jamaica after 5 years. Then he takes the V8 in London, goes to Swann’s cabin in Norway and then he will likely leave it there. We know that the very end of the film will feature Italy and the fictional Civita Lucana town previously seen in the PTS, and thanks to the sheets
    we know Swann will drive the V8, left by Bond at her place, through the tunnel entering the town with the kid on her side.
    Since they’re alone driving his car it’s pretty clear Bond will sacrifice himself in this one. But is it possible that they will close the film with an hint of his survival? Like this: the two arrive in the V8 by the same hotel* of the PTS, they exit, Swann sees a DB5 parked in the distance, cut to “JB will return” with the theme pumping.
    If the intention is to kill Bond but in the very end revealing to the audience that he’s actually not, in a less obvious way than let’s say the Bruce and Selina reveal at the end of TDKR, I can’t imagine a better option than using his beloved and most famous car, that conveniently doesn’t get destroyed throughout the film.

* It will be a cool parallel to SP, since also Swann’s parents and even Mr. White alone kept on going to the same honeymoon suite after the marriage. The Matera suite could represent the same for their daughter.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    matt_u wrote: »
    After Bond leaves Swann at the train station we find Bond in Jamaica after 5 years. Then he takes the V8 in London, goes to Swann’s cabin in Norway and then he will likely leave it there. We know that the very end of the film will feature Italy and the fictional Civita Lucana town previously seen in the PTS, and thanks to the sheets
    we know Swann will drive the V8, left by Bond at her place, through the tunnel entering the town with the kid on her side.
    Since they’re alone driving his car it’s pretty clear Bond will sacrifice himself in this one. But is it possible that they will close the film with an hint of his survival? Like this: the two arrive in the V8 by the same hotel* of the PTS, they exit, Swann sees a DB5 parked in the distance, cut to “JB will return” with the theme pumping.
    If the intention is to kill Bond but in the very end revealing to the audience that he’s actually not, in a less obvious way than let’s say the Bruce and Selina reveal at the end of TDKR, I can’t imagine a better option than using his beloved and most famous car, that conveniently doesn’t get destroyed throughout the film.

* It will be a cool parallel to SP, since also Swann’s parents and even Mr. White alone kept on going to the same honeymoon suite after the marriage. The Matera suite could represent the same for their daughter.

We don't know what's gonna happend after Bond drops of Swann at the train station. That might not be the end of the PTS. Footage we haven't seen yet maybe.

Yes it's missiles swishing by missing the cargoplane which is weird. In this day and age the military have laser guided missiles that would not miss the target.

But where did they come from? From the military ship in the water shooting out missiles or from Safins base?
    Contraband wrote: »

We don't know what's gonna happend after Bond drops of Swann at the train station. That might not be the end of the PTS. Footage we haven't seen yet maybe.

That departure is clearly the end of the emotional journey of the two protagonists. Since the song that follows is about that exact emotions Bond is feeling it’s pretty likely nothing will happen after that.

That departure is clearly the end of the emotional journey of the two protagonists. Since the song that follows is about that exact emotions Bond is feeling it’s pretty likely nothing will happen after that.

But we still don't know for sure that the train station leads to the title song. Pure speculation on your part.

But we still don't know for sure that the train station leads to the title song. Pure speculation on your part.

It is completely speculation, but I agree it seems like a natural point for the song to fit in there, right where emotions are running high

Pretty likely doesn’t mean definitely. It’s obviously speculation, based on logic. IDK what’s your problem.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Yes it's missiles swishing by missing the cargoplane which is weird. In this day and age the military have laser guided missiles that would not miss the target.

As possibilities a missile miss could be a warning round of fire to get the aircraft to comply. Or maybe there's some electronic chaff/misdirection, the latest thing from Q Branch.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

I would really like this as a possible ending. I think it is a nice way to tie in all the use of the DB5 over the craig era. It has almost become an extension of the Bond character in this Craig era.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Have these images been shown on here before? I like them, especially the first one, and am confident that NTTD will be a great Bond film.

83e73c3dfbe2cb05e97266da5a199647f853c067.jpg
    0280eb7ce25dc963f7f9385ddf549b9dbc1330c0.jpgEUcrp-uX0AE7iM4.jpg

zebrafish wrote: »
    Have these images been shown on here before? I like them, especially the first one, and am confident that NTTD will be a great Bond film.

83e73c3dfbe2cb05e97266da5a199647f853c067.jpg
    0280eb7ce25dc963f7f9385ddf549b9dbc1330c0.jpgEUcrp-uX0AE7iM4.jpg

you must post the middle one in the bond girl forum on friday wow Ana is wow
    zebrafish wrote: »

Old stills. At least since july
    That last one deserves a caption contest :D
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited October 2020 Posts: 4,548

I would really like this as a possible ending. I think it is a nice way to tie in all the use of the DB5 over the craig era. It has almost become an extension of the Bond character in this Craig era.

I'm thinking that it will be more than a hint. I have been wrong more times than not when it comes to the Craig era, so I know I am probably wrong here. But I can't wrap my mind around two "ideas" that have come to the surface: that Nomi is 007 and that Bond will die. From a branding and marketing perspective, this just makes no sense. After opening night, word of both would leak quickly, and your typical, general moviegoer would be saying, "I don't want to go watch a Bond movie in which Bond is no longer 007 and then he dies."

No, I think the better, more emotional ending, is that Bond allows Madeleine and child to believe he is dead so that they may live out their lives safely. That is the ultimate sacrifice.
    Univex wrote: »

Agree!

kRZ0vv8.jpg
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    TripAces wrote: »

I'm thinking that it will be more than a hint. I have been wrong more times than not when it comes to the Craig era, so I know I am probably wrong here. But I can't wrap my mind around two "ideas" that have come to the surface: that Nomi is 007 and that Bond will die. From a branding and marketing perspective, this just makes no sense. After opening night, word of both would leak quickly, and your typical, general moviegoer would be saying, "I don't want to go watch a Bond movie in which Bond is no longer 007 and then he dies."

No, I think the better, more emotional ending, is that Bond allows Madeleine and child to believe he is dead so that they may live out their lives safely. That is the ultimate sacrifice.

Good shout, I really like that as an ending, that would be a very satisfying end to the Craig era.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Nice one, @Zekidk
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »

Agree!

kRZ0vv8.jpg

Ahah, perfect =D>
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    That's exactly what I was thinking, @Zekidk , when pasting the pics in order. =D>
    Lea looks like an American with her gap tooth.
  • Lea looks like an American with her gap tooth.
    I thought that was a London thing 😉
  • wetnellywetnelly Nearby
    cwl007 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »

Good shout, I really like that as an ending, that would be a very satisfying end to the Craig era.

I was unsure whether to post this or not, but knowing a few Pinewood folk, one of them mentioned ages ago they had been up to the top of Finland or close to the Arctic circle to film DC in a scene where he appeared to be an injured loner. Only after reading that CJF reportedly shot multiple endings, and the comment from BB & MW did the YOLT novel ending seem more plausible. Then another person told me the final shot of the film is expected to make the audience rise to applaud, similar to CR .....certainly would make total sense given the arc dimension to this series, and the circle of Bond starting and ending as a loner...what ever the outcome, it sounds like they truly thought about the fans and their love of the character for this one.
    Asian marketing with 2021

X46PlXW.jpg
    qWz2ymE.jpg
    The Bond series has a history of pretty dreadful or unimaginative endings IMHO. Unlike any other in the series, there are expectations concerning literally the last thirty seconds. It could make or break the whole movie. Goodness, I hope they get it right.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    edited October 2020 Posts: 251
    500+ Million: Netflix and Apple TV+ battle for right to stream NTTD according to German website Filmstarts: http://www.filmstarts.de/nachrichten/18533068.html

Edit: Sorry for posting here. I just learned there is a thread for this topic..
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    500+ Million: Netflix and Apple TV+ battle for right to stream NTTD according to German website Filmstarts: http://www.filmstarts.de/nachrichten/18533068.html

Edit: Sorry for posting here. I just learned there is a thread for this topic..

I wonder how true this is. If it is, will it come to fruition? At this point, I would not mind watching the movie at home. I just want to see the movie.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    edited October 2020 Posts: 251
    Who knows. But I doubt they will make that much money in cinemas in the near future. Many cinemas are gone or struggle in the main markets. It is sad.