The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Goal Calvert Lewin get in, all I need now is a Salah winner and 3 bonus [-O<

Edited: 2 - 2 final score just relieved I got Captain points as really should not have swapped to Salah late on.

You're having a great start to the gameweek, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

Don't forget my - 12, admittedly that - 12 was for the next four or five fixtures. I will bank my free transfer this week as want to improve my defence when I have two free transfers.

You're off to a good start at least! Over several gameweeks that move might work out just fine.

I'm already looking at a -4 or -8 for next gameweek, depending on the results this weekend. James got to go, De Bruyne too, most likely – and I'm not too confident in the Wolves triple-up.

I benched Sais today as well as Klitch, my bench is too strong which is not necessarily good, I wanted to hit bench boost today though missed the deadline.

I just hope son and Kane continue there great form and warrant tht 12 point Hit, my concern with them two is they are both prone to injury so hopefully will stay fit for a month or so.

I noticed that! There's always a chance they might do something, but as one of the Fantasy Football Scout guys once said; points on the bench is sometimes just a confirmation that you have players capable of delivering. As annoying as it is missing out on points, it's better than a player only delivering runs of 1's and 2's.

I have Son as captain, so I'm hoping for something from him (although for non FPL reasons it's the other way around…). The advantage owning Son and Kane though – if you don't count the fact that they are proven goal scorers – is that they're easy to move on should they not deliver. Kane can become any striker, and Son can be upgraded or downgraded to other options, depending on the funds you have available.

I'm in a bit of a difficult spot now, as I've had to prioritise transfers a bit differently than I originally planned. So I have no easy way to get Kane unless I downgrade De Bruyne or Watkins (who's a risky punt I'm taking).

I had Kane as captain though changed to Salah late on, you are right in that both spurs assets are easy to swap to other players. At some point I want to get TAA in though no rush until his form picks up.

A lot of wildcarders are going with Robertson over Alexander-Arnold, and it's easy to see why. If I can afford the transfer, I'll be looking at bringing in a TAA replacement too. Down to 4.4m at the moment, so I need to gamble a bit.
    Sterling Goal from a saved shot from Foden gr

Edited: Foden got the assist get in

He gets the assist though. I dropped him and Ings for Watkins and Son. Those moves don't look good at the moment…

Chelsea conceding for fun again I see not many defences to trust so far this season. I am keeping Foden just to keep a City asset, Foden is the most likely to get the points that D. Silva used to get... hopefully.

Arsenal playing with no striker is not working at all. Edited: soon as I said that Arsenal get chances lol

I thought Foden played really bad the last game, so I was quick to move him on. Had I waited, I would have transferred in Son for De Bruyne rather than Foden. Made sense then, but looks a really bad decision right now.

It was surprising to see the way they started the game, but I can sorta understand it. Pépé down now, so Lacazette looks to come on…perhaps.

Foden playing more central now high up the field since Aguero went off, hopefully Foden will grab a goal.

I think there is something in this game for Arsenal if they cant get there act together in the final third.

City, even though they are not playing at their best, aren't giving Arsenal any opportunities. Will need a miracle to make this game more interesting…

City have been solid though Arsenal not really took any risks either.

Arteta's game plan most likely, though to beat City you really need to catch them off guard, and on the counter. Arsenal unfortunately did neither.
    Pogba and Matic dropped for Fred and Mctominay, wt... why is DVDB still not starting, absolute joke.

Rashford playing up top, he is useless in that role does not have the natural goal scorers instinct in the box. This line up could be a disaster for Ole.

It's Newcastle though. The surprising lineup aside, it should be a comfortable win for United.

Newcastle goal after 90 seconds, there is a reason I got rid of United assets, we are in a mess Ole wont last long

Bruno goal though VAR offside, Ole has ran out of luck

Maguire goal...

Looks like United got the result they wanted in the end! That game sent me down to an overall rank around 4.8m…

Bruno surprise penalty miss......

Still bagged 11 points though!
    The United result shocked me a bit, I really did not expect the players to do that for Ole.

Though it all changed when DVDB came on the pitch, Ole has to start him he is a brilliant player. Start him on the wing for god sake Ole, you start Mata on the wing lol

Did Ole give a reason for not starting DVDB? Just seems like a bizarre decision…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Edited: 2 - 2 final score just relieved I got Captain points as really should not have swapped to Salah late on.

Don't forget my - 12, admittedly that - 12 was for the next four or five fixtures. I will bank my free transfer this week as want to improve my defence when I have two free transfers.

You're off to a good start at least! Over several gameweeks that move might work out just fine.

I'm already looking at a -4 or -8 for next gameweek, depending on the results this weekend. James got to go, De Bruyne too, most likely – and I'm not too confident in the Wolves triple-up.

I benched Sais today as well as Klitch, my bench is too strong which is not necessarily good, I wanted to hit bench boost today though missed the deadline.

I just hope son and Kane continue there great form and warrant tht 12 point Hit, my concern with them two is they are both prone to injury so hopefully will stay fit for a month or so.

I noticed that! There's always a chance they might do something, but as one of the Fantasy Football Scout guys once said; points on the bench is sometimes just a confirmation that you have players capable of delivering. As annoying as it is missing out on points, it's better than a player only delivering runs of 1's and 2's.

I have Son as captain, so I'm hoping for something from him (although for non FPL reasons it's the other way around…). The advantage owning Son and Kane though – if you don't count the fact that they are proven goal scorers – is that they're easy to move on should they not deliver. Kane can become any striker, and Son can be upgraded or downgraded to other options, depending on the funds you have available.

I'm in a bit of a difficult spot now, as I've had to prioritise transfers a bit differently than I originally planned. So I have no easy way to get Kane unless I downgrade De Bruyne or Watkins (who's a risky punt I'm taking).

I had Kane as captain though changed to Salah late on, you are right in that both spurs assets are easy to swap to other players. At some point I want to get TAA in though no rush until his form picks up.

A lot of wildcarders are going with Robertson over Alexander-Arnold, and it's easy to see why. If I can afford the transfer, I'll be looking at bringing in a TAA replacement too. Down to 4.4m at the moment, so I need to gamble a bit.

He gets the assist though. I dropped him and Ings for Watkins and Son. Those moves don't look good at the moment…

Chelsea conceding for fun again I see not many defences to trust so far this season. I am keeping Foden just to keep a City asset, Foden is the most likely to get the points that D. Silva used to get... hopefully.

Arsenal playing with no striker is not working at all. Edited: soon as I said that Arsenal get chances lol

I thought Foden played really bad the last game, so I was quick to move him on. Had I waited, I would have transferred in Son for De Bruyne rather than Foden. Made sense then, but looks a really bad decision right now.

It was surprising to see the way they started the game, but I can sorta understand it. Pépé down now, so Lacazette looks to come on…perhaps.

Foden playing more central now high up the field since Aguero went off, hopefully Foden will grab a goal.

I think there is something in this game for Arsenal if they cant get there act together in the final third.

City, even though they are not playing at their best, aren't giving Arsenal any opportunities. Will need a miracle to make this game more interesting…

Arteta's game plan most likely, though to beat City you really need to catch them off guard, and on the counter. Arsenal unfortunately did neither.
    Pogba and Matic dropped for Fred and Mctominay, wt... why is DVDB still not starting, absolute joke.

Rashford playing up top, he is useless in that role does not have the natural goal scorers instinct in the box. This line up could be a disaster for Ole.

It's Newcastle though. The surprising lineup aside, it should be a comfortable win for United.

Newcastle goal after 90 seconds, there is a reason I got rid of United assets, we are in a mess Ole wont last long

Maguire goal...

Looks like United got the result they wanted in the end! That game sent me down to an overall rank around 4.8m…

The United result shocked me a bit, I really did not expect the players to do that for Ole.

Though it all changed when DVDB came on the pitch, Ole has to start him he is a brilliant player. Start him on the wing for god sake Ole, you start Mata on the wing lol

Did Ole give a reason for not starting DVDB? Just seems like a bizarre decision…

Yeah selling Bruno back fired for me.

Ole not said anything about DVDB, or I have not seen anything. Personally I am wondering how many of the recent signings were Ole decisions or the clubs.

Maguire goal...

Ole not said anything about DVDB, or I have not seen anything. Personally I am wondering how many of the recent signings were Ole decisions or the clubs.

Selling Bruno will always be a risky move. If I had him (I'm currently looking at ways to bring him in), I'd want to have him as a long term option.

Good point. I can't see Ole having much to say in terms of transfers (maybe that's part of why he's there…?). Had United been managed by someone like Mauricio Pochettino, things would no doubt have been different.

I think it's interesting to compare United's situation with that of Arsenal. It looks like Arteta has more to say in transfer dealings and club management – especially since he has the title of first-team manager now, rather than head coach.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2020 Posts: 23,102

Maguire goal...

Selling Bruno will always be a risky move. If I had him (I'm currently looking at ways to bring him in), I'd want to have him as a long term option.

Good point. I can't see Ole having much to say in terms of transfers (maybe that's part of why he's there…?). Had United been managed by someone like Mauricio Pochettino, things would no doubt have been different.

I think it's interesting to compare United's situation with that of Arsenal. It looks like Arteta has more to say in transfer dealings and club management – especially since he has the title of first-team manager now, rather than head coach.

Decent points from Son and Kane, though why I swapped Kane to Salah as Captain late on crazy move.

---

Just made a transfer, I actually have a plan for the first time this FPL season. :-O
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 17,241

Maguire goal...

Decent points from Son and Kane, though why I swapped Kane to Salah as Captain late on crazy move.

---

Just made a transfer, I actually have a plan for the first time this FPL season. :-O

That double-up looks like a must right now. Struggling to find a way to afford it…

I might do a couple of early transfers myself. I don't think I have a plan anymore – just trying to keep up!

Maguire goal...

---

That double-up looks like a must right now. Struggling to find a way to afford it…

I might do a couple of early transfers myself. I don't think I have a plan anymore – just trying to keep up!

I forgot I had 1m in the bank so gone Foden to Grealish, Grealish has two home fixtures next and then some great fixtures after the Arsenal game.

Maguire goal...

---

I forgot I had 1m in the bank so gone Foden to Grealish, Grealish has two home fixtures next and then some great fixtures after the Arsenal game.

Really want Grealish too – but due to ownership and fear of missing out on hauls, I've done De Bruyne (who's injured anyway) and Jiménez to Fernandes and Kane for a -4. If I could have, I would have waited, but price rises and potential drops forced me to do it early. I'm in a tricky spot if City players become a must, but for now, I hope this will at least see to that I can pick up points going forward.

Maguire goal...

---

Really want Grealish too – but due to ownership and fear of missing out on hauls, I've done De Bruyne (who's injured anyway) and Jiménez to Fernandes and Kane for a -4. If I could have, I would have waited, but price rises and potential drops forced me to do it early. I'm in a tricky spot if City players become a must, but for now, I hope this will at least see to that I can pick up points going forward.

City have a few tougher games in the next two GW's, just going with fixtures and form currently. I will get Bruno back though United have Chelsea next so I can wait a week. I will get rid of Robertson in two weeks to fund the Bruno move or I could just do a - 12 again :))

Maguire goal...

---

City have a few tougher games in the next two GW's, just going with fixtures and form currently. I will get Bruno back though United have Chelsea next so I can wait a week. I will get rid of Robertson in two weeks to fund the Bruno move or I could just do a - 12 again :))

I got Bruno in now despite of the fixtures, actually. He only needs a pen and a few bonus points to get a decent score. And it's not like Chelsea have been parking the bus either, so he might still get points. With my luck so far though, he'll probably blank the games I own him!

Liverpool defs are suddenly much less appealing now that van Dijk is out. Getting tid of Robertson in form is risky, but there's not many points to be had in defence right now, so it might just work out fine.

Maguire goal...

---

I got Bruno in now despite of the fixtures, actually. He only needs a pen and a few bonus points to get a decent score. And it's not like Chelsea have been parking the bus either, so he might still get points. With my luck so far though, he'll probably blank the games I own him!

Liverpool defs are suddenly much less appealing now that van Dijk is out. Getting tid of Robertson in form is risky, but there's not many points to be had in defence right now, so it might just work out fine.

Selling Robertson, Klitch and Wilson will allow me to get Bruno back in in a few weeks and go five in midfield. Defenders this season just are not going to deliver many clean sheets, crowd less stadiums have taken the pressure off away sides. Liverpool are really in trouble at CB they will ship goals I think.

Maguire goal...

---

Selling Robertson, Klitch and Wilson will allow me to get Bruno back in in a few weeks and go five in midfield. Defenders this season just are not going to deliver many clean sheets, crowd less stadiums have taken the pressure off away sides. Liverpool are really in trouble at CB they will ship goals I think.

I'm looking at the possibility of a five man midfield (again) myself too, though it will likely depend on not having to prioritise other transfers. I could see myself changing up the entire defence first…

Maguire goal...

---

I'm looking at the possibility of a five man midfield (again) myself too, though it will likely depend on not having to prioritise other transfers. I could see myself changing up the entire defence first…

Wolves delivered, regret benching Sais for Mitchell, though Palace literally conseded in the last minute, thats FPL for you.

If I am smart I will just leave my team as it is now and not take hits this week.

Maguire goal...

---

Wolves delivered, regret benching Sais for Mitchell, though Palace literally conseded in the last minute, thats FPL for you.

If I am smart I will just leave my team as it is now and not take hits this week.

Doesn't get more FPL than that!

I'm already on a -4, but I hope to keep transfers to a minimum going forward. James is still an issue though, but I i might just bench him this gameweek.
    _____

Very busy day today, so I'll be back with a gameweek winner update tomorrow!
    Another gameweek is over, and it was a quite high scoring one too – our league no different! Hitting the highest gameweek score was Cremonese-killen, with an impressive 83 points – congratulations! =D>

40RhGdm.jpg
    League table standings:

1. Columbian Sly Foxes: GW 76 - TOT 298
    2. False 9 FC: GW 64 - TOT 292
    3. Liverpool richmond: GW 80 – TOT 284
    4. Team Extreme: GW 74 – TOT 278
    5. Eze Pese JapanEze: GW: 74 – TOT 273
    6. MEJICO POWA: GW 51 – TOT 258
    7. Honesty FC: GW 65 – TOT 257
    8. Ayew Crazy !: GW 69 - TOT 250
    9. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 72 – TOT 246
    10. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 47 - TOT 242
    11. Raymond Reddington: GW 74 - TOT 237
    12. Cremonese-killen: GW 83 - TOT 235
    13. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 48 – TOT 226
    14. Shoots…he scores: GW 55 – TOT 218
    15. Anfield FC: GW 58 - TOT 215
    16. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 31 - TOT 214
    17. Raging Bulls: GW 66 - TOT 210
    18. Para bailar Lallana: GW 40 - TOT 208
    _______

Gameweek 6 is just around the corning - this Friday in fact! Make sure to have your teams ready by 18:30 UK time!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited October 2020 Posts: 2,341
    Good to see a friday game again.
    Aston Villa vs Leeds United
    Go Tiges......
    Congratulations Cremonese-killen
    ---
    Rodriguez a doubt for Everton, some streamer said Ancelloti confirmed not playing. This is the time when having the likes Klitch on the bench may pay off for me.
    Congratulations Cremonese-killen
    ---
    Rodriguez a doubt for Everton, some streamer said Ancelloti confirmed not playing. This is the time when having the likes Klitch on the bench may pay off for me.

James, Knock - 25% chance of playing.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Moved out Van Djik and DeBruyne in favour of Cresswell and Son.
    Hope it doesn’t backfire.
    cvdk9m7lcami.jpeg
    Son is a good captaincy option this gameweek, @Benny! Playing it "safe" with Salah myself (Kane vice captain).
    Forgot to check my team pre deadline though think I was happy with it, gone with Salah (C) SU at home good fixture based on SU current form.
    Here are the gameweek 6 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 6
    Son: 5
    Kane: 4
    Mané: 1
    Martial: 1
    Keane: 1

Understandably, after Spurs' performances of late – or rather that of Son and Kane – the gameweek 6 captaincy are Spurs heavy. But Salah is the most captained player this gameweek with 6 managers hoping he'll deliver.

Good luck everyone!
    Forgot to check my team pre deadline though think I was happy with it, gone with Salah (C) SU at home good fixture based on SU current form.

Salah captain here as well. Was really unsure who to captain this gameweek, with Salah, Son and Kane as my options. Made a late switch to Salah from Kane on a gut feeling (which I haven't had much luck with lately, admittedly).

Understandably, after Spurs' performances of late – or rather that of Son and Kane – the gameweek 6 captaincy are Spurs heavy. But Salah is the most captained player this gameweek with 6 managers hoping he'll deliver.

Good luck everyone!

Salah captain here as well. Was really unsure who to captain this gameweek, with Salah, Son and Kane as my options. Made a late switch to Salah from Kane on a gut feeling (which I haven't had much luck with lately, admittedly).

I think it's often safe to back Salah at home most fixtures, I have Captained Salah 5 out of 6 weeks this season.

Ancelotti has done a U turn of sorts with Rodriguez, may be fit to start on Sunday after all. I kept him in my first 11 just in case.

Good luck everyone!

I think it's often safe to back Salah at home most fixtures, I have Captained Salah 5 out of 6 weeks this season.

Ancelotti has done a U turn of sorts with Rodriguez, may be fit to start on Sunday after all. I kept him in my first 11 just in case.

Yes, Salah is indeed a safe pick for home games - which is maybe why I should have gone for a differential considering my current rank. However, I felt like this wasn't the gameweek to take unnecessary risks.

That's the issue with injury news/rumours. You're always left with the feeling that maybe it isn't true or as bad as first reported!
    edited October 2020 Posts: 23,102
    Bamford Hatrick, Klitch got an assist (on my bench) Grealish got a Yellow lol FPL strikes again.

I guess if Rodriguez does not feature I have Klitch as first sub, though now I am thinking Swapping Grealish for Foden may backfire...
    Bamford Hatrick, Klitch got an assist (on my bench) Grealish got a Yellow lol FPL strikes again.

I guess if Rodriguez does not feature I have Klitch as first sub, though now I am thinking Swapping Grealish for Foden may backfire...

I've got Bamford in my team as well as Grealish.

I can't afford any subs :))
    Dam two weeks running I lose out on Mitchel clean sheet as Palace concede in injury time again.

Foden scored also, typical.
    When I finally put James on my bench, he actually plays 90 mins and gets a clean sheet…
    When I finally put James on my bench, he actually plays 90 mins and gets a clean sheet…

I dont care what anyone says, so much of FPL is down to luck.

Can't disagree with that. When you think about the number of situations that must go your way, there's no doubt a big amount of that which is purely down to luck. In FPL, you spend time trying to figure out how to put your team in a position to benefit from likely outcomes. But to get those really good overall ranks, you need the element of luck as well.

Salah (C) with a disallowed goal, and a 4 point score in the end. I'm really not getting anything right this season so far!

Can't disagree with that. When you think about the number of situations that must go your way, there's no doubt a big amount of that which is purely down to luck. In FPL, you spend time trying to figure out how to put your team in a position to benefit from likely outcomes. But to get those really good overall ranks, you need the element of luck as well.

Salah (C) with a disallowed goal, and a 4 point score in the end. I'm really not getting anything right this season so far!

It sure is down to luck.
    Salah hit the post too.