No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited October 2020 Posts: 7,518
    What if Safin's "I've made you redundant" line to Bond is his final line before he "dies" by his own hand?

It would be a pretty fantastic existential dilemma created for Bond if his villain kills himself once he figures his plan has come to fruition.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    On the other hand Bond meets Safin later on as well, down those underground tunnels (we see Safin pointing the gun at someone), so maybe he successfully cloned himself.
    I wondered this too.

I'm also aware of this image, with Safin looking a little more dishevelled than other images...

safin.jpg

This image in particular has me perplexed. This MUST come after he & Bond have their face to face meeting. Who else would he be pointing the gun at besides Bond?

@DonnyDB5 @Denbigh

Could he be pointing at Swann on the ground, maybe she's crying, scared?

And in comes Bond, fighting begins 007 vs Safin while Swann escapes out to Nomi/girl/rib boat and not knowing Bond's fate?
    It's possible @Contraband, although we know (I think) that Bond accompanies Madeleine to the boat. So I think it's gonna be a situation where Madeleine, and even Nomi, try to get Bond to get on the boat with them, but he decides to go back for some reason. Maybe to get Safin or stop the plot...

...which makes me think, they wouldn't try to leave if the plot wasn't stopped, or at least Nomi wouldn't, so Bond has to go back for Safin surely? Maybe the image above is that final interaction as opposed to before Madeleine leaves.

Yeah, perhaps you're right about Swann and Bond. Just come to think of the brief shot with them two near the glider area (I think) from Ellish music video. That might give us a hint of the timeline
    Yeah, I also noticed that Bond has his jumper when he spots her, but doesn't when she leaves, so either some action ensues between those scenes or Bond gives it to you know who ;)

The other M..
    Metroid_Other_M_Cover.jpg
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    BTW: Adele will host 'Saturday Night Live' on October 24
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I cannot believe that Daniel won’t get to
    “ slay the dragon” in his final outing as Bond.
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    edited October 2020 Posts: 554
    What if Safin's "I've made you redundant" line to Bond is his final line before he "dies" by his own hand?

It would be a pretty fantastic existential dilemma created for Bond if his villain kills himself once he figures his plan has come to fruition.
    On the other hand Bond meets Safin later on as well, down those underground tunnels (we see Safin pointing the gun at someone), so maybe he successfully cloned himself.
    I wondered this too.

I'm also aware of this image, with Safin looking a little more dishevelled than other images...

safin.jpg

This image in particular has me perplexed. This MUST come after he & Bond have their face to face meeting. Who else would he be pointing the gun at besides Bond?

@DonnyDB5 @Denbigh

And in comes Bond, fighting begins 007 vs Safin while Swann escapes out to Nomi/girl/rib boat and not knowing Bond's fate?
    It's possible @Contraband, although we know (I think) that Bond accompanies Madeleine to the boat. So I think it's gonna be a situation where Madeleine, and even Nomi, try to get Bond to get on the boat with them, but he decides to go back for some reason. Maybe to get Safin or stop the plot...

...which makes me think, they wouldn't try to leave if the plot wasn't stopped, or at least Nomi wouldn't, so Bond has to go back for Safin surely? Maybe the image above is that final interaction as opposed to before Madeleine leaves.

Yeah, perhaps you're right about Swann and Bond. Just come to think of the brief shot with them two near the glider area (I think) from Ellish music video. That might give us a hint of the timeline
    Yeah, I also noticed that Bond has his jumper when he spots her, but doesn't when she leaves, so either some action ensues between those scenes or Bond gives it to you know who ;)

The other M..
    Metroid_Other_M_Cover.jpg
    =))
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    I wondered this too.

safin.jpg

@DonnyDB5 @Denbigh

I think the jumper is handed off in the final new scene in the NTTD MV where Bond is embracing Madeleine - I personally think that is when she sets off with Nomi and other M in the rib boat. We have seen shots of Nomi, other M and Madeleine on the coastline for the final shots as well as Bond's jumper being present there as well.

In terms of that shot of Bond scowling at something at the floor, if cloning really is one of the plot points then I definitely think it's Safin after he apparently kills himself. We then see him perplexed when he returns at the Garden of Death, and if not then its probably Primo he has just dispatched.

For an extra twist, the person he scowls over could be a cloned Madeleine, even. If cloning really is going to be part of the film then this could totally be plausible, and it would also explain why Bond is so shocked as seeing Madeleine - we know from previous that he knows that Safin has captured Madeleine, and even chases through the forest the helicopter containing her so to see him so shocked to find Madeleine does not make any sense unless she has otherwise apparently succumbed.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I still hope cloning isn't part of the film.
  • I actually would not mind to see cloning. An idea I've always liked is having a bond actor that does all his films in a different style, serious, humorous, outlandish, etc. I think if they go for that, Craig would have essentially done that to some extent and I'd be interested to see how it would work (or not).
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Safin executing Nomi in front of Bond. A shootout or fight afterwards. Safin escapes and Madeleine comes up from behind. That's the way I see it.
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Safin executing Nomi in front of Bond. A shootout or fight afterwards. Safin escapes and Madeleine comes up from behind. That's the way I see it.
    Nomi was seen in the photos of the supposed escape scene with Madeleine and the other M. All 3 in a rigid boat.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    What if it’s
    Valdo
    that Safin kills?

Maybe Bond needs him alive in order to stop Safin’s plan from materializing.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited October 2020 Posts: 4,343
    Nomi won’t die...
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Univex wrote: »
    Nomi was seen in the photos of the supposed escape scene with Madeleine and the other M. All 3 in a rigid boat.
    We have call sheets that suggest its not Nomi that dies. I am wondering if there is any validity to it being Safin that dies. Or maybe Q who was in the plane that drops the glider.
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    We have call sheets that suggest its not Nomi that dies. I am wondering if there is any validity to it being Safin that dies. Or maybe Q who was in the plane that drops the glider.
    I reckon that Bond is the one who dies. Fear not, his hobby is resurrection ;)
    Are there any pics - apart from the BTS ones - of filming in Italy with Aston V8?
    Supposedly with Madeleine and Mathilde
    edited October 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Are there any pics - apart from the BTS ones - of filming in Italy with Aston V8?
    Supposedly with Madeleine and Mathilde

Nope. Not yet anyway. The only thing I've seen so far is the italian bush fire article plus assistant director posting this short video

And I have two still with choppercam on the ground prepping for shoot. Plus a vague memory of a video with local journalists driving along the road filled with security and prod people. But no actual material from the filming
    The V8 was spotted in Sapri.

Only unloading and driving away, not actual filming. The filming took place along the coastal road
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited October 2020 Posts: 2,541
    If they unloaded they might have used it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    They certainly wouldn't have transported it if they weren't going to use it, yes.

Only unloading and driving away, not actual filming. The filming took place along the coastal road

Yes I know, but
    it’s a further proof the V8 features in the finale in Italy. Seydoux and the kid probably filmed their scenes in the car at Pinewood.

Yes I know, but
    it’s a further proof the V8 features in the finale in Italy. Seydoux and the kid probably filmed their scenes in the car at Pinewood.
    Don't think anyone has disputed the use of the V8 in scene 153 which takes place coming into Matera according to the call sheet: scene description

The question is if the filming on that road near Sapri is that same scene, or anything else.
    If they unloaded they might have used it.

Tweet earlier today.

Yes I know, but
    Don't think anyone has disputed the use of the V8 in scene 153 which takes place coming into Matera according to the call sheet: scene description

The question is if the filming on that road near Sapri is that same scene, or anything else.

Obviously is part of that scene 253 (not 153) from the very end of the film.

Yes I know, but

Obviously is part of that scene 253 (not 153) from the very end of the film.

For now I'm open for anything.

And meant 253
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    I reckon that Bond is the one who dies. Fear not, his hobby is resurrection ;)

Well, we have seen the cargo plane that Q is in shot at by missiles, and the footage is cut off just before a set of missiles that look like they may hit impact. Maybe it could be Q being shot out of the sky, Bond losing contact with him that sets him off.

unknown.png
    I’m pretty sure those are fighter jets flying by Q.
    I’m pretty sure those are fighter jets flying by Q.

unknown.png?width=729&height=300

A clearer shot. They are very clearly missiles.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Or are those missies on their way to another target? Perhaps armed with Safin’s weapon.
    If missiles , they don’t appear to be targeting the plane.
    SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!