Agatha Christie's Poirot and Other Detective Fiction Discussion [Novels/Stories/Radio, TV & Films]

1235»

Comments

Gerard wrote: »
    Not exactly in any order : Murder on the Links follows The Mysterious Affair at Styles, and is followed by The Big Four. And of course, Curtain comes last. Here's a list in chronological order, thanks to Wikipedia :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercule_Poirot_in_literature#Books_in_chronological_order
    True, but what I mean is that, aside from Curtain, you lose nothing from reading them out of order.

Indeed. Every novel is pretty much a standalone.
    Anybody read Hallowe'en Party? It's meant to be one of Christine's weakest Poirots, but I quite enjoyed it. As mystery fiction, it may be a failure, but as almost horror, it's quite good. It has one of the scariest, twisted murderers of the novels.
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Anybody read Hallowe'en Party? It's meant to be one of Christine's weakest Poirots, but I quite enjoyed it. As mystery fiction, it may be a failure, but as almost horror, it's quite good. It has one of the scariest, twisted murderers of the novels.
    +1
    And with all its flaws, it struck me that Hallowe'en Party could be seen as a proto Twin Peaks in many ways: a small community hiding evil secrets, a mystery involving teenagers, some of them pretty amoral, multiple unresolved plotlines and even
    a murderer ready to kill his own daughter.