Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

Tracy wrote: »

I watched a bit from the live stream now and then to see how he did. He looked very tired and his voice even more so when he was 35-36 hours into the record attempt, but when he pushed towards 50 hours he looked and even sounded better.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Why are books that take place in the future written in the past tense? Makes little sense.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    One of the scariest crashes I have ever seen:

https://streamable.com/4pbyfy

Valentino Rossi cheated death twice in the span of 5 seconds by missing those two flying bikes by centimeters.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Always good to have young fans
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I'm putting this here because I can't find an appropriate thread, and I do not want to start a new one with it.

My high school, where I teach, started up last week, remotely (Zoom). I had a class with the new Freshman today and told them that they could leave their screens in order to go work on a project for awhile. I was scanning the row of icons that they had chosen to use when the camera is not on them, and came across a promotional image from NTTD of Craig's. I got the kid back on line and sure enough she is the rarest of rarities; a 13 year old female, Bond fan. When I told her that I was also a lifelong fan, and even work one a Bond website, she was thrilled. She has her own fan site (smalls) and I told her that I would put a link in MI6 Community for those interested.

That is surprising but awesome!
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I'm putting this here because I can't find an appropriate thread, and I do not want to start a new one with it.

My high school, where I teach, started up last week, remotely (Zoom). I had a class with the new Freshmen today and told them that they could leave their screens in order to go work on a project for awhile. I was scanning the row of icons that they had chosen to use when the camera is not on them, and came across a promotional image from NTTD of Craig's Bond. I got the kid back on line and sure enough she is the rarest of rarities; a 13 year old female Bond fan. When I told her that I was also a lifelong fan, and even work on a Bond website, she was thrilled. She has her own fan site (small) and I told her that I would put a link in MI6 Community for those interested.

That is great. I will check it out if you do.
  • Bueno1694Bueno1694 My James Bond Games' Playthroughs: linktr.ee/Xtreemo
    That is quite nice! IT's really rare to find young fans for this franchise. Bring her up, we'll be glad to have her here :D
    Bueno1694 wrote: »
    That is quite nice! IT's really rare to find young fans for this franchise. Bring her up, we'll be glad to have her here :D

The environment here can be quite toxic at times.
  • Agent_OneAgent_One Ireland
    edited August 2020 Posts: 280

No more than your average school ;)
    Agent_One wrote: »

No more than your average school ;)

Touche.
    red-hooded-woman-casting-powerful-magic-using-fantasy-studio-shot-45677299.jpg

Golly Hoodhead
    Tamara_Taylor_2012_%28cropped%29.jpg
    Tamara never dyes.
    My French is quite poor, and now I have forgotten the word for "remember", but I do remember the word for "forget". How ironic is that?
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 17,241
    Has anyone here tested the Kodak Luma projectors?
    kodak-luma-150-portable-wireless-projector_5br1.1200.jpg
    Looking for something else online earlier tonight, I came across these small projectors. I have been thinking about maybe setting up a TV in the bedroom at some point, but ideally, I would like to avoid having to mount something on the wall.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    My French is quite poor, and now I have forgotten the word for "remember", but I do remember the word for "forget". How ironic is that?

C'est la vie. :)
    CAPTION CONTEST

Bad-Santa-random-23107856-900-660.jpg
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 1,637
    Whats the difference between Mein Kampf and Breiviks manifesto ?
    -MK is not plagiarized.
    (you did nazi it coming :D
    Which Santa was seen steeling the Harley? This was a tough case.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

Number 1. Criminal mastermind. Global intentions. Pure villainy.
    Lewis drew a blank until Donald Pleasence entered the contest.
    All right, let s try something else.

NEW CAPTION CONTEST
    1*HvjfXaLjcX8YR7jZVNU5gQ.jpeg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    "Hi, this is Arnold... Your instructor."

*pecs start to twitch, one at a time*

"Down. Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Down. Up..."
    "Give me your tie."
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2020 Posts: 13,882
    "Anyone for a game of Bucking Cocko?"
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    In film roles, Bill Paxton wasn't scared of nobody.
    "Little Arnold" is a huge fan of your band. Can you please sign him? It would make him so happy. If not...
    "No, this is the Buddhist Temple, man. Buddhist!"
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    How many months have 28 days?