The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

The internationals are finally over, which means more PL football and more FPL! It's less than an hour until the deadline, so have your teams in order. :-)

(I'll be a little late with captaincy picks today, but I'll post them when I get the chance).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just logged on will last minute check my team, i think i have no major issues... I hope.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    De Bruyne out
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2020 Posts: 23,104
    Dam I was mulling over some moves and did not notice the deadline passed :)) I did not save my team before 11am so not entirely sure what it is.
    De Bruyne out

I sold KDB before he was injured I already took a hit for that move.
    Dam I was mulling over some moves and did not notice the deadline passed :)) I did not save my team before 11am so not entirely sure what it is.
    De Bruyne out

I replaced him with son.
    De Bruyne out

I replaced him with son.

I brought in Son, Kane and Rodriqguez
    And finally, here are the gameweek 5 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 4
    Son: 4
    Kane: 2
    Martial: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Kane: 1
    Calvert-Lewin: 1
    Werner: 1
    Zaha: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Vardy: 1

Salah and Son are the most captained players in our league with four managers each, in a gameweek with a very varied group of captaincy picks.

Good luck everyone!
    Rodriguez and Robertson both with assists so far, I need Captain Salah to get involved with the points [-O< grant me this FPL Gods lol
    Rodriguez and Robertson both with assists so far, I need Captain Salah to get involved with the points [-O< grant me this FPL Gods lol

Calvert-Lewin, Salah and Alexander-Arnold here. None of them have been that involved so far…
    Gooooaaaaal Captain Salah thank bleep bleep bleep!
    Goal Calvert Lewin get in, all I need now is a Salah winner and 3 bonus [-O<

Edited: 2 - 2 final score just relieved I got Captain points as really should not have swapped to Salah late on.

Edited: 2 - 2 final score just relieved I got Captain points as really should not have swapped to Salah late on.

You're having a great start to the gameweek, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

Don't forget my - 12, admittedly that - 12 was for the next four or five fixtures. I will bank my free transfer this week as want to improve my defence when I have two free transfers.

Don't forget my - 12, admittedly that - 12 was for the next four or five fixtures. I will bank my free transfer this week as want to improve my defence when I have two free transfers.

You're off to a good start at least! Over several gameweeks that move might work out just fine.

I'm already looking at a -4 or -8 for next gameweek, depending on the results this weekend. James got to go, De Bruyne too, most likely – and I'm not too confident in the Wolves triple-up.

You're off to a good start at least! Over several gameweeks that move might work out just fine.

I'm already looking at a -4 or -8 for next gameweek, depending on the results this weekend. James got to go, De Bruyne too, most likely – and I'm not too confident in the Wolves triple-up.

I benched Sais today as well as Klitch, my bench is too strong which is not necessarily good, I wanted to hit bench boost today though missed the deadline.

I just hope son and Kane continue there great form and warrant tht 12 point Hit, my concern with them two is they are both prone to injury so hopefully will stay fit for a month or so.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 17,241

I benched Sais today as well as Klitch, my bench is too strong which is not necessarily good, I wanted to hit bench boost today though missed the deadline.

I just hope son and Kane continue there great form and warrant tht 12 point Hit, my concern with them two is they are both prone to injury so hopefully will stay fit for a month or so.

I noticed that! There's always a chance they might do something, but as one of the Fantasy Football Scout guys once said; points on the bench is sometimes just a confirmation that you have players capable of delivering. As annoying as it is missing out on points, it's better than a player only delivering runs of 1's and 2's.

I have Son as captain, so I'm hoping for something from him (although for non FPL reasons it's the other way around…). The advantage owning Son and Kane though – if you don't count the fact that they are proven goal scorers – is that they're easy to move on should they not deliver. Kane can become any striker, and Son can be upgraded or downgraded to other options, depending on the funds you have available.

I'm in a bit of a difficult spot now, as I've had to prioritise transfers a bit differently than I originally planned. So I have no easy way to get Kane unless I downgrade De Bruyne or Watkins (who's a risky punt I'm taking).

I noticed that! There's always a chance they might do something, but as one of the Fantasy Football Scout guys once said; points on the bench is sometimes just a confirmation that you have players capable of delivering. As annoying as it is missing out on points, it's better than a player only delivering runs of 1's and 2's.

I have Son as captain, so I'm hoping for something from him (although for non FPL reasons it's the other way around…). The advantage owning Son and Kane though – if you don't count the fact that they are proven goal scorers – is that they're easy to move on should they not deliver. Kane can become any striker, and Son can be upgraded or downgraded to other options, depending on the funds you have available.

I'm in a bit of a difficult spot now, as I've had to prioritise transfers a bit differently than I originally planned. So I have no easy way to get Kane unless I downgrade De Bruyne or Watkins (who's a risky punt I'm taking).

I had Kane as captain though changed to Salah late on, you are right in that both spurs assets are easy to swap to other players. At some point I want to get TAA in though no rush until his form picks up.
    Sterling Goal from a saved shot from Foden gr

Edited: Foden got the assist get in
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 17,241

I had Kane as captain though changed to Salah late on, you are right in that both spurs assets are easy to swap to other players. At some point I want to get TAA in though no rush until his form picks up.

A lot of wildcarders are going with Robertson over Alexander-Arnold, and it's easy to see why. If I can afford the transfer, I'll be looking at bringing in a TAA replacement too. Down to 4.4m at the moment, so I need to gamble a bit.

He gets the assist though. I dropped him and Ings for Watkins and Son. Those moves don't look good at the moment…

A lot of wildcarders are going with Robertson over Alexander-Arnold, and it's easy to see why. If I can afford the transfer, I'll be looking at bringing in a TAA replacement too. Down to 4.4m at the moment, so I need to gamble a bit.

He gets the assist though. I dropped him and Ings for Watkins and Son. Those moves don't look good at the moment…

Chelsea conceding for fun again I see not many defences to trust so far this season. I am keeping Foden just to keep a City asset, Foden is the most likely to get the points that D. Silva used to get... hopefully.

Arsenal playing with no striker is not working at all. Edited: soon as I said that Arsenal get chances lol

Chelsea conceding for fun again I see not many defences to trust so far this season. I am keeping Foden just to keep a City asset, Foden is the most likely to get the points that D. Silva used to get... hopefully.

Arsenal playing with no striker is not working at all. Edited: soon as I said that Arsenal get chances lol

I thought Foden played really bad the last game, so I was quick to move him on. Had I waited, I would have transferred in Son for De Bruyne rather than Foden. Made sense then, but looks a really bad decision right now.

It was surprising to see the way they started the game, but I can sorta understand it. Pépé down now, so Lacazette looks to come on…perhaps.

I thought Foden played really bad the last game, so I was quick to move him on. Had I waited, I would have transferred in Son for De Bruyne rather than Foden. Made sense then, but looks a really bad decision right now.

It was surprising to see the way they started the game, but I can sorta understand it. Pépé down now, so Lacazette looks to come on…perhaps.

Foden playing more central now high up the field since Aguero went off, hopefully Foden will grab a goal.

I think there is something in this game for Arsenal if they cant get there act together in the final third.

Foden playing more central now high up the field since Aguero went off, hopefully Foden will grab a goal.

I think there is something in this game for Arsenal if they cant get there act together in the final third.

City, even though they are not playing at their best, aren't giving Arsenal any opportunities. Will need a miracle to make this game more interesting…

City, even though they are not playing at their best, aren't giving Arsenal any opportunities. Will need a miracle to make this game more interesting…

City have been solid though Arsenal not really took any risks either.
    Pogba and Matic dropped for Fred and Mctominay, wt... why is DVDB still not starting, absolute joke.

Rashford playing up top, he is useless in that role does not have the natural goal scorers instinct in the box. This line up could be a disaster for Ole.

Arteta's game plan most likely, though to beat City you really need to catch them off guard, and on the counter. Arsenal unfortunately did neither.
    Pogba and Matic dropped for Fred and Mctominay, wt... why is DVDB still not starting, absolute joke.

Rashford playing up top, he is useless in that role does not have the natural goal scorers instinct in the box. This line up could be a disaster for Ole.

It's Newcastle though. The surprising lineup aside, it should be a comfortable win for United.

Arteta's game plan most likely, though to beat City you really need to catch them off guard, and on the counter. Arsenal unfortunately did neither.

It's Newcastle though. The surprising lineup aside, it should be a comfortable win for United.

Newcastle goal after 90 seconds, there is a reason I got rid of United assets, we are in a mess Ole wont last long

Bruno goal though VAR offside, Ole has ran out of luck

Maguire goal...

Newcastle goal after 90 seconds, there is a reason I got rid of United assets, we are in a mess Ole wont last long

Maguire goal...

Looks like United got the result they wanted in the end! That game sent me down to an overall rank around 4.8m…

Maguire goal...

Looks like United got the result they wanted in the end! That game sent me down to an overall rank around 4.8m…

Bruno surprise penalty miss......
    The United result shocked me a bit, I really did not expect the players to do that for Ole.

Though it all changed when DVDB came on the pitch, Ole has to start him he is a brilliant player. Start him on the wing for god sake Ole, you start Mata on the wing lol